Underutilized Plots of Land

SonofBaconator

Do you ever notice that Kings Island has ridiculous amounts of land within the park that are underused or aren't even used at all? I'm talking about the excess land surrounding Backlot, the land between Racer and Flight of Fear, the old Flight Commander area, and I could make an argument for Crypt building and Tower Gardens. I understand not every single patch of grass and concrete needs to be used for an attraction but I find these pieces of land to be... underutilized. 

• Like 6

Don't forget about the area b/w River town and White Water Canyon..  err... nevermind :)

I wouldn't touch the grassy areas around the four legs of the tower, aside from landscaping, however Tower Gardens could be put to much, much better use.

I've long thought that the grassy areas between Stunt Coaster and the Diamondback station could be a good area for multiple, family style flats; though there is a decent amount of sloped elevation to work around (though that could be worked around).  The pathway from the Tower, to the bathrooms over by The Beast has the back entrance for maintenance for Diamondback, and 1 small food shack that is usually closed, easily the least utilized walkway in the park.

The old Flight Commander pad

Dinosaur's Alive area is now vacant, though hilly.

Half the Boo Blasters building is only used a couple months out of the year.

Action Theater is the same (though both are used for storage)

Perhaps with the new presumed dinning option in coney, they can get rid of the Coney picnic table area behind the Scrambler which would open up a nice area for a family flat or two right by the Grand Carousel (which kind of sits all lonely in its current spot and is another underutilized general path within the park).

I could do without the ladder game as well as the basketball game that border Coney and Oktoberfest, would make for a lovely entry/gathering area for a new ride as some of suggested on here (may have even been the OP)

And finally, Timberwolf is now used once a year.  How much money does Spirit Song generate?  I've seen it packed before, but never actually been in.  That is a huge chunk of land that sits unused all but 3 days a year.  A ton could be done with that area, utilizing the grassy area b/w the park and the parking lot as well.

• Like 1

This is all the potential parts of the part that can be used for something. I didn't star the far left part because that's just too obvious

under utilized.PNG

If you notice, a lot of them are in or near the Coney Mall area. I think the area that could use the most work is the area that BLSC encompasses. The coaster's placement makes trying to put attractions around it awkward. I don't hate BLSC but I feel like getting rid of it would free up so much land for future attractions and a possibly a better coaster. I think the only reason why the park keeps it is because its a good family coaster. A multi-launch coaster like Blue Fire, Helix, Maverick, or even Verbolten would be an awesome replacement.

• Like 1

I'd love to see some more thrilling flat rides come to KI. As mentioned above, the Flight Commander area could really use something, its been without an actual ride for how long now?! I'd also really love to see the land by Backlot used, but I am still holding out for the removal of that ride and replacement with a better coaster :P 

I actually really enjoy the Tower Gardens area, but the last time I walked through it there were too many smokers and the landscaping was nothing special. I honestly can't even think of any good flat rides to suggest putting in (its been a long day haha), but I would love to see the addition of some more thrilling ones. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I like that spot for it as well. I mean they could just scrap it all together lol Would you actually move it or just replace it with something more fun and less of a coaster with things that don't work.

See myself I don't really care for it I ride it every once in awhile, for some reason that helix after the launch is very uncomfortable to me. Other than that helix its a fun ride but short, I miss the splashdown. Now I don't think it should go anywhere right now cause there's plenty of room to expand on and its a kid favorite. So I say move it maybe even re-theme it? I love the location I picked.

• Like 2