Underutilized Plots of Land

SonofBaconator

Does that helix bother anyone else? Not trying to get off topic was just wandering. I myself have never been on the eagles or gliders are they really that much fun? I might try gliders this season but those rides with cables/chains tend to scare me for some reason even though I know they are very safe just kinda freaks me out lol. I won't ride WindSeeker either haha

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think they could retool BLSC and make it interesting theming. Right now it just stops and there is a helicopter that does nothing lol

The helicopter's rotor/propellers move along with the shooting affect, so it doesn't do "nothing". Other effects would be nice. Something in the tunnel maybe. Mist or fog appearing before you go into the tunnel (kind of like Thunderbird) would be awesome.

9 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Does that helix bother anyone else? Not trying to get off topic was just wandering. I myself have never been on the eagles or gliders are they really that much fun? I might try gliders this season but those rides with cables/chains tend to scare me for some reason even though I know they are very safe just kinda freaks me out lol. I won't ride WindSeeker either haha

Assuming you're talking about the helix on BLSC. It doesn't bother me. I really enjoy that element and it seems to suprise a lot of people in a good way. 

Also, if you don't like WindSeeker I bet you'll be comfortable on a SkyScreamer:D.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JubJester said:

The helicopter's rotor/propellers move along with the shooting affect, so it doesn't do "nothing". Other effects would be nice. Something in the tunnel maybe. Mist or fog appearing before you go into the tunnel (kind of like Thunderbird) would be awesome.

Assuming you're talking about the helix on BLSC. It doesn't bother me. I really enjoy that element and it seems to suprise a lot of people in a good way. 

Also, if you don't like WindSeeker I bet you'll be comfortable on a SkyScreamer:D.

just looked up sky screamer and NO. 242ft with little chains holding me? I'm good. Funny thing is I'm going to Great Adventure in April.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t really understand how moving it would benefit the park.   I have not studied the terrain in question with moving it in mind but from the google map if they needed space in the area wouldn’t it be a whole lot cheaper to rework the paths around it and combine with the other open areas for another attraction.   Moving a coaster has to cost a lot of money.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t really understand how moving it would benefit the park.   I have not studied the terrain in question with moving it in mind but from the google map if they needed space in the area wouldn’t it be a whole lot cheaper to rework the paths around it and combine with the other open areas for another attraction.   Moving a coaster has to cost a lot of money.  

I'd prefer it given to another park and rethemed, the BLSC clones are the only major thing left that screams Paramount.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JubJester said:

They don't move near as much as they used to. Iirc, the helicopter used to raise up when the cars came, then go back down before the next cars came, before it lifted back up again. Also, I thought the police cars used to move forward and backwards slightly?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

They don't move near as much as they used to. Iirc, the helicopter used to raise up when the cars came, then go back down before the next cars came, before it lifted back up again. Also, I thought the police cars used to move forward and backwards slightly?

Just searched a video on YouTube from the year it opened and it did not look like cop cars were moving. You are right on the helicopter, it moved upwards. Totally forgot about that. 

18 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Give no, trade maybe.   Maybe CP would trade for Wicked Twister and @Maverick44 could have his Intamin at KI.  :rolleyes:

I'd rather not have Wicked Twister at Kings Island. Unless you get rid of Invertigo in the process. I just don't think we need two, one train roller coasters in the park.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Give no, trade maybe.   Maybe CP would trade for Wicked Twister and @Maverick44 could have his Intamin at KI.  :rolleyes:

Yes, please.

MDMC, who is both a) avoiding a 1 word post and b, loves Inverted Impulse Coasters

In all seriousness, KI could put in WT as well as some flats in that area. If thst kind of trade ever happened, I'd hope CP would give it a fantastic theme (or perhaps we could trade with Six Flags Great America for V2; I feel like Backlot may be a better fit there as they don't have a single launch coaster.

• Like 2

If we have to keep BLSC/junkyard coaster, I really wish they would retheme it and remove all the props and warehouse district theming.  Soften the landscape up, take out the riprap, restore it to a beautiful area like it used to be.  Maybe call it Shady Grove.  (here's looking at you, Kings Dominion!)

• Like 3

On February 22, 2018 at 5:57 PM, Maverick44 said:

I think they could retool BLSC and make it interesting theming. Right now it just stops and there is a helicopter that does nothing lol

They could combine Les Taxi and BLSC into one! You're on a pleasant car ride for most of it, then BOOM, high speed car chase. :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2018 at 5:27 PM, Maverick44 said:

I like that spot for it as well. I mean they could just scrap it all together lol Would you actually move it or just replace it with something more fun and less of a coaster with things that don't work.

I could think of multiple coaster styles that could fit there over BLSC. Most importantly would be an Intamin Blitz. (or maybe that's cause I'm an Intamin fanboy). Or maybe a crazy Mack coaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mystic.Timber1 said:

I could think of multiple coaster styles that could fit there over BLSC. Most importantly would be an Intamin Blitz. (or maybe that's cause I'm an Intamin fanboy). Or maybe a crazy Mack coaster.

Don't get me started on Intamin lol Love them! Blitz would be amazing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...