What's your favorite area at Kings Island and why?

whengodsaysgo

What's your favorite area at Kings Island and why?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Soak City never gets any respect.  :(

Given the choices I would have to say Rivertown.   My least favorite is Action Zone due to no dedicated drink stand.  

7 hours ago, spooky21 said:

Why isnt X=base on the poll? I know its not much but still. Also Soak City needs to be on it as well.

For some reason, I still consider X-Base part of Coney.  I know it's its own area, and I'm sorry or my oversight.  

I meant dry park areas, and I didn't specify.  I don't utilize Soak City myself, and in some ways I kind of consider it its own park.  

I'm a Rivertown girl! I love the Rivertown vibe past and present, and my favorite rides are located there: The Beast, Mysti and DB.  A close second would be Adventure Village.  I loved King Cobra and I'll always love AE.  

• Like 2

Rivertown has always had a special place in my heart. From when I was a wee young lad. The log flume and WWC were my favorite things at the park when I was little. The tin  covered street lights going back to WWC have a lasting image in my mind. Live that area. Now with MT it is even more amazing! I wish we still had the old queue for WWC.

• Like 2

Am I a bitter old man and/or elitist hipster if I say that the areas of the park are not overwhelmingly distinguishable at this point? In 2007 or prior, I feel like they were considerably more pronounced than they are now. (I'm sure many would also say that about pre-Paramount KI.) I feel like Diamondback, Banshee (and the accompanying reworking of Action Zone), the removal of the Glockenspiel and addition of new Festhaus signage, the removal of Coney Mall's sign, and the clear-cutting of many trees have slanted the areas of the park towards a generic, modern feel. It's minimalism done in a way that looks clean and neat, but it's not overwhelmingly geared towards the themes the park already has. Pretty much the only indication that you're moving from area to area is that the buildings start looking different. Since almost all of them are food buildings (with foods that are entirely unrelated to the building's theme) or generically-themed games, it's pretty possible to spend an entire day at the park without realizing there even were themes. I'm not trying to tear down this poll for existing (it's great conversation!); I'm just mostly not a huge fan of how the themes have changed over the last 10 years or so.

That being said, I feel like Mystic Timbers and the new Rivertown funnel cake building were a nice step in the opposite direction. I hope future additions work in that direction. I would not be upset if, assuming we're getting a gigacoaster and it's going in Coney Mall, it had some kind of amusement pier/California Adventure-Paradise Pier-esque theme. Some intricate white-painted woodwork in the station (think Kennywood's Racer) would be a really neat effect. But that's me.

• Like 5

^ I agree that the theming has faded over time.  I still feel like each area has a specific vibe, though.  I do wish they'd up the ante a little bit.

What kind of area would you like to see added in the future?  I'd like to see X-Base expanded. (I know there's a thread for that.)  I also enjoyed the Adventure Village theme, the jungle-y, Indiana Jones-y theme was appealing to me.

• Like 3

I voted for International Street. It has such an epic feeling when you first walk in. I love seeing the fountains, buildings and the tower. I'm not saying it looks bad or anything, but I wish they'd invest in a renovation of the entirety of I-street. I'd like to see new pavers, freshly painted buildings, new food options (like bakeries as someone mentioned earlier), more lights, etc. It is such a a beautiful entrance and I just want it to continue to "wow" guests. 

• Like 4

I voted for International Street. I would have picked Coney Mall because I can't get enough of The Racer, but International Street creates that escapism in the sense that the moment you step in the gate, you transport to a new land, with the buildings by Bruce Bushman, the Royal Fountain and Eiffel Tower, and the music. They help create an amazing experience when entering the park.

• Like 6

I voted International Street. If they could bring back the bushes along the fountain, and tree's under the tower and the other things that's been said here, it would be even better.  It's nice having the music back. I think if Coney Mall brought back its sign, and added some of the classic rides that used to be at the park, it would be a contender. 

• Like 5

Last night I voted for Rivertown due to Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback being in the area. After much thought I changed my mind. International street is my favorite due to that special feeling I get every time I walk into the park, where I always think to myself: "I made it!". Plus as a kid I thought it was always cool to hear the Mission Impossible theme playing in the area.

• Like 4

I picked Rivertown. International Street was a close second but the rides and the train in Rivertown really did it for me. Don't forget about White Water Canyon, too. Sometimes now I just walk back there to just see Mystic Timbers go by. 

Also during Haunt there are Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror and Slaughterhouse. They're two of my favorite mazes in the park.

• Like 4

I'd have to go with International Street.  Even though it is not so international anymore, I love to sit, watch the fountains, drink a beverage and listen to the instrumental music.  I'd love to see some of the "Old Kings Island" brought back to IS, but I have to say...between the music last year and Winterfest, IS seems to have bounced back to life.  

I will say that when I visited Kings Dominion in 2016, I was transported back in time.  So beautiful and nostalgic.

The ET looks so much better with all the bushes removed.  And the linden trees they planted last year will fill in nicely.  I think the future looks bright for Kings Island.  I think they are going to balance so nods to nostalgia with new attractions.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, jtro223 said:

I'd have to go with International Street.  Even though it is not so international anymore, I love to sit, watch the fountains, drink a beverage and listen to the instrumental music.  I'd love to see some of the "Old Kings Island" brought back to IS, but I have to say...between the music last year and Winterfest, IS seems to have bounced back to life.  

I will say that when I visited Kings Dominion in 2016, I was transported back in time.  So beautiful and nostalgic.

The ET looks so much better with all the bushes removed.  And the linden trees they planted last year will fill in nicely.  I think the future looks bright for Kings Island.  I think they are going to balance so nods to nostalgia with new attractions.

That is great to hear about them planting new Linden tree's at the ET, I didn't know!  Do you or anyone here,  know how long it will take for them to grow?  

• Like 3

That is great to hear about them planting new Linden tree's at the ET, I didn't know!  Do you or anyone here,  know how long it will take for them to grow?  
Linden trees have a medium growth rate, which is good for longevity. They grow about a foot per year.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...