What's your favorite area at Kings Island and why?

whengodsaysgo

What's your favorite area at Kings Island and why?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Looking back on the 90's and in 2001 and seeing International Street this way, with the landscaping along the Royal Fountains, really makes me miss it!  

Link:

http://www.kiextreme.com/historyphotos/displayimage.php?album=5&pid=36

entry.jpg

The old berm on International Street did look nice. Kings Dominion got a similar one back in 2014 for their 40th.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, BlondyRidesOn said:

The old berm on International Street did look nice. Kings Dominion got a similar one back in 2014 for their 40th.

Do you (or anyone) know when it was taken out and just replaced with grass? 

From the KIC Podcast,  Chad didn't tell us but something new or updated seems to be in the works for International Street,  my guess is new paint on some of the buildings.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Imperial79 said:

Do you (or anyone) know when it was taken out and just replaced with grass? 

From the KIC Podcast,  Chad didn't tell us but something new or updated seems to be in the works for International Street,  my guess is new paint on some of the buildings.  

I would think the berm in the front with the park logo was removed during the 2002 - 2003 offseason when they rebuilt the fountain pool. The European style floral bushes along the fountain were probably removed in the late 90's.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with what everyone else had to say when they said Rivertown. You have The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback that make Rivertown really unique. If I could change one thing though, I would move the Congo Falls ride over by Race for your life Charlie Brown and Thunder Canyon. It's weird how they have one water ride all by it's lonesome self in Action Zone. Also that would mean moving the old Tomb raider ride building over where Congo Falls sits now. I know you can't move a building, but I'm just talking RCT terms here. I also realize that would cost a lot of money to tear down a building, then move a ride across the other end of the park.

Rivertown for sure. Love the look with the building near Beast and around Diamondback with the corral front and gift shop and then log flume across the plaza with MT entry next to it. Plus great rides with Beast, DB, and MT along with WWC. Would like to see more thematic buildings added (change the appearance of Reds and the Crypt building mostly.) 

love Oktoberfest too for what’s there but needs to be bigger. But the trees and pond with the Festhaus is nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, NewD4y20 said:

River town until a new coaster opens and then it will probably be that area. The knack on Rivertown though is people think they are secluded enough to get away with smoking anywhere they dang please.

Some people are not considerate of others. I am not coninced it has anything to due with seclusion.