Could Flying Ace be updated to be like Freedom Flyer?

gforce1994

Flying ACE already has long enough of a wait time due to only running one train, adding VR would just increase that even more. It also tends to always have a pretty long line so I don't think it's popularity is fading at all. I do agree that adding VR to The Bat might be a good idea just because the ride never has a line and it may get some more traffic with it added, but I don't really think it's the layout of that ride that causes it's low ridership, it's the location.

• Like 2

Yes, The Bat is so fun! My 8 year old and I will ride it several times in a row in the very front car, which is so underrated. There's such a strange feeling to be the first car dangling when the ride comes out of the lift. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, shark6495 said:

That’s agreed I love riding Bat. The trains seem to be all full or almost every time. The line doesn’t seem to fill up though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The line is a people eater. LOL. I remember waiting over an hour for it when it first opened up, and I'm positive that the line got even longer than that.

• Like 1

I do not know of any reasons why Flying Ace could not have the trains replaced.  I am pretty sure the track gauge is identical between the generations.  It is also possible it is the same as The Bat due to the partnership between Vekoma and Arrow.

I wrote a huge complaint about VR on coasters.  But I decided not to post it, in short just say no to VR on coasters, it’s just a gimmick which makes the overall experience worse.

One thing which I know is possible is to replace the trains on The Bat with the Vekoma suspended versions, Vampire at Chessington World of Adventures uses them.  While I have never been been on the coaster I have only heard good things about the trains.  Would require changes to the station but open trains without all the fiberglass would be amazing and totally change the feel of the ride.

• Like 1