Totally random under rated things in the park

YOULLBEBACK

I cannot agree more on the instrumental music at International Street. It gives the area a unique ambiance that is perfect for the setting. Besides, there's plenty of country and alternative music to be heard throughout the rest of the park. 

On that note, I'd also like to add the classic rock at The Racer's station. My favorite music will always be film scores, but when it comes to lyrical music, I'm a 60s/70s/80s man. Honestly, I was born in the wrong decade. 

Congo Falls is an under-appreciated attraction. It's a lifesaver on a hot day and is a great asset for that side of the park. Many say this surviving remnant of the area's Safari days no longer fits with the current aesthetic, but I'd argue the jungle river theme is right at home in Action Zone. (It should go without saying, the movie Paramount re-named this ride after was an action/adventure film.)

The lights on The Vortex. I'm not sure why, but I've always liked them. 

Last but not least, deodorant. Need I say more?

• Like 5

I love the park's layout. The best thing Taft Broadcasting did when planning KI was consult Roy Disney who told them to buy lots of acres. Other seasonal parks can sometimes feel cramped but Kings Island has space that you can get lost in and really feel like you've escaped from the outside world.

• Like 7

That moment when the sun starts to dip below the horizon and the lights on Vortex and Racer start turning on.  A cool breeze hits, the park begins to take on a new life as shadows start to lengthen.  Around this time I start budgeting my time and devising a game plan for what to ride before the night ends, and how I can get the darkest ride, closest to the front of the train on The Beast.

• Like 10

Perfectly stated @whengodsaysgo. The imagery gave me chills. As much as a love the park itself, the community behind it has to be the most underrated thing about the park. The unity the park has created for hundreds upon hundreds of users is incredible. The tight knit relationships that have seemed to form from a simple passion of Kings Island is truly the most under rated thing about Kings Island.

• Like 7

On 3/8/2018 at 9:03 PM, whengodsaysgo said:

EXtreme Skyflyer!  What I have found is that you can go purchase your ticket earlier in the day when the price is lower (plus the Gold Pass discount!) and then come back when the line dies down or at night - which is my favorite time to fly.

Also, the coin operated foot massagers near Viking Fury/AE walkway. For a quarter, it's quite the deal.  Feels lovely.

I have yet to experience the foot massagers at KI, but I do enjoy the "barrel ride" at CP in Frontiertown (which I believe is the same).

Also, the old water fountain by Graeter's.

• Like 2

I like Mystic Timbers a lot and the theming is great for the park. However, one o my favorite things was teh walk through the woods and overall seclusion of White Water Rapids. Being surrounded by the trees just really took you out of the park and felt it enhanced the rapids ride by giving it a secluded feeling of being out in the woods away from everything. Just a couple spots where you could see some hills of Diamondback sticking out and things. Now have Mystic Timbers criss-crossing over and around it. 

• Like 2

Surf Dog. From the ground it's just like "oh woo it spins", on the ride however it's a completely different feeling.

The mention about the secluded walks is spot on. White Water and Top Gun (always for me) are both nice. I also really like dinosaurs for the same reason. I know it's an infrastructure nightmare to space them out like that, but I'd love more.

• Like 5

On 3/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, acole5292 said:

I have yet to experience the foot massagers at KI, but I do enjoy the "barrel ride" at CP in Frontiertown (which I believe is the same).

Also, the old water fountain by Graeter's.

Barrel Ride at CP is great....I like the foot massagers at KI...need to remember to bring quarters. 

• Like 2

Sorry I like the back row on coasters as much as anyone BUT on Banshee the front row is by far 100% better than anywhere else on the ride... front row you can see everything and where you are going and it feels faster with air hitting you better.. front row on Banshee is much better than anywhere else 

edit: I won’t even rode Banshee anywhere else other than the front row anymore because it’s just that much of a difference 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GigaLover said:

Sorry I like the back row on coasters as much as anyone BUT on Banshee the front row is by far 100% better than anywhere else on the ride... front row you can see everything and where you are going and it feels faster with air hitting you better.. front row on Banshee is much better than anywhere else 

edit: I won’t even rode Banshee anywhere else other than the front row anymore because it’s just that much of a difference 

Front row of Diamondback at night with a slightly loose lapbar. Try to forget that you memorized the ride, you'll get a crazy amount of airtime and you can't really see where you are going.

• Like 3