Funpix info

harmony29

Use it.   :P

There really isn’t much to it.  Make an account so you can add it to your KI app and download on a PC.   Realize the digital photo you get is only 300dpi so fine for online posting but not high quality if you want to print at home.   So if there is one you want to print for display go ahead and buy it from them.   Personally I would order online as the last thing I want to carry around the park is a photo.  

Yes it can be used at all C and K  CF parks, though I heard WoF may be getting it this year.

Scanning your card at the Kiosk is generally faster, however the attendants will sometimes crop/resize the photo before loading it to the account, so they can be better that way.

• Like 3

@harmony29- we had some friends that we frequent the park with that had it last year and I do remember them using the app and having someone at the ride booth scan the app to load the photo for them. 

I'm just not sure on the other types of park photos, like the ones at the entrance and such. I don't want it to be a hassle...especially after doing the Disney memory maker, which is just crazy easy. 

• Like 2

Assuming you have Gold/platinum passes, check the back.  If there is a QR code then just hand that to the gate photographer and they will take a pic of that and it will automatically be loaded onto your account.  Otherwise they will hand you a business card to take to any FunPix booth to scan and load on your account.   I suggest waiting an hour or so for the photos to upload to the system.

The booths up by the front will upgrade your SP with the new QR code for free.   Don’t forget to rescan your SP into the KI app/digital wallet.  Made that mistake last year and had some minor issues trying to get into CP when I forgot my passes, though they fixed it for me.  

• Like 3

If you use it, it is totally worth it.  We got over 300+ pix this last season.  I just get the card and lanyard, which is a lot easier than taking the pass in and out.  Also, if you lose it, they replace it for free.

A lot of the places have the self scan option, which is usally easier.  The only pain in the butt one is at Vortex (or hoping it was and is now fixed).  It got worse as the season went on.  Also, it worked all of the way through Winterfest!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

If you use it, it is totally worth it.  We got over 300+ pix this last season.  I just get the card and lanyard, which is a lot easier than taking the pass in and out.  Also, if you lose it, they replace it for free.

A lot of the places have the self scan option, which is usally easier.  The only pain in the butt one is at Vortex (or hoping it was and is now fixed).  It got worse as the season went on.  Also, it worked all of the way through Winterfest!

Yes Vortex had issues every time I went the computer was delayed by about 10 mins on photos.

• Like 2

^I didn't appreciate the delay at all on FunPix photos at Vortex. Whenever I rode, my photo didn't show up until the amount of time taken to dispatch three more trains had passed (which is often too long for many to wait). A lot of times the photos didn't load at all. In many cases, we sent inquiring guests over to The Beast to look at their photos there.

I REALLY hope this year will be different. Most Vortex riders, though they don't buy their on-ride photos, just want to see them, and I have seen many a guest walk away disappointed after they couldn't see the funny face they made specially for their photo. I wish the monitors were still at the photo booth -- they could at least cycle through the photos as they come in so people can see them!!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Use it.   :P

There really isn’t much to it.  Make an account so you can add it to your KI app and download on a PC.   Realize the digital photo you get is only 300dpi so fine for online posting but not high quality if you want to print at home.   So if there is one you want to print for display go ahead and buy it from them.   Personally I would order online as the last thing I want to carry around the park is a photo.  

Yes it can be used at all C and K  CF parks, though I heard WoF may be getting it this year.

Scanning your card at the Kiosk is generally faster, however the attendants will sometimes crop/resize the photo before loading it to the account, so they can be better that way.

I was disappointed when I went to Worlds of Fun this past season & they didn't have it. I just assumed they did. They looked at me like I was crazy when I was explaining what FunPix was, lol. I've also heard that they are receiving FunPix this year as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we have platinum passes, we've just never gotten photos before. I'm hoping I can create the account on my cell, as I don't have a computer. Doubtful I will print a lot of them out, just more for social media. Figured since I could spread the payments it was next to nothing to try. I only got it on mine and not my husband's since he's even more clueless about technology than I am. 

Cannot wait for preview night, it seems like forever since we've been to the park. Going to be a busy summer for us, last year we didn't get passes til August as we didn't have a car. 

• Like 2

Beleive I originally created my account on my phone.  You should be able to link the account to your husband’s pass as well, though you might need the assistance of a booth associate.  I was poking around the FunPix web site the other day making sure all my photos were downloaded and came across a page to link other passes to the account however my attempts at linking my boys passes were unsuccessful, but I had just renewed so maybe the info wasn’t committed to the database yet.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 10:30 PM, VortexBFForever said:

^I didn't appreciate the delay at all on FunPix photos at Vortex. Whenever I rode, my photo didn't show up until the amount of time taken to dispatch three more trains had passed (which is often too long for many to wait). A lot of times the photos didn't load at all. In many cases, we sent inquiring guests over to The Beast to look at their photos there.

I REALLY hope this year will be different. Most Vortex riders, though they don't buy their on-ride photos, just want to see them, and I have seen many a guest walk away disappointed after they couldn't see the funny face they made specially for their photo. I wish the monitors were still at the photo booth -- they could at least cycle through the photos as they come in so people can see them!!

The delayed photos and the blurry product is unique to Kings Island. The photos came out correctly and on time at both Cedar Point and Kings Dominion last year.

The sad part is, even the brand new system at MT had the delay last year (although I must admit the photo quality was good for that ride).

Maybe someone from Cedar Point could come down and fix the system?

• Like 2