Which Coaster needs a Paint Job?

SonofBaconator

Coaster Paint  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"Before anyone says anything let me point out a couple of things. Yes I know that Invertigo and The Bat were recently repainted as well as Woodstock Express and Flying Ace Ariel Chase. I also know that Flight of Fear is an indoor coaster so painting it would be the equivalent of spitting in a lake. When I make polls, I include all coasters as to reduce bias and be inclusive.*

That being said, which coaster needs a paint job? I chose Firehawk because whenever I ride it, I see more and more green from when it was X-Flight.

Also if I could go back in time, I would have painted Invertigo red and black and renamed it the Demon- out of nostalgia. 

• Like 2

It came down to Diamondback and The Racer for me. Diamondback's supports don't look as sharp as they did, and the track could use a refresh. I don't think it needs it as much as The Racer, though.

The Racer has had a lot of paint chipped off over the years on the supports. I think a repaint of just white, or a repaint of the original colors with white, blue, and red would be fantastic looking. Either way I would like to see it repainted.

• Like 2

I'd probably go with The Racer right now too.  But if they did do Diamondback, then that would make Rivertown even nicer, since they've been adding and updating that area of the park for the past 2 years..  Firehawk and Diamondback are half and half imo, can't choose which need it the most, after The Racer.

• Like 2

I also vote Racer. I would love to see the ride get some TLC, which would include a new paint job and hopefully also a re-track (in recent years it has given me some bumpy rides and even 1 painful one).

Diamondback would probably be my #2 pick, though to be honest, while it needs paint I do like how the faded colors are more subdued then when they were new. The super bright red track has now turned Maroon, and the bright yellow that stood out in 2009 now blends in more. I would not mind if when they do decide to repaint Diamondback, they keep a more subdued color scheme. Granted it still needs it, up close you can tell the paint is in bad shape after almost a decade.

• Like 1

I think FH could use a paint job, but it is more out of the way. I voted for DB just because it is more in the spotlight over any other coaster in the park. It is the staple ride that is noticeable like ET, DT, and WS while in the park and coming down the highway.  It should be the spotlight that shines. 

On a side note, I am very happy it received the new seats!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Beasttamer said:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I love the visible green on Firehawk, its makes me think of Geagua Lake and,while I've never been there, that is one of my favorite parks.

Your favorite park is one that you have never been to and no longer exists?   

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

I would have to say Vortex needs a paint job and then secondly Firehawk. I don’t even know why Beast would be on this list. :huh:

On 3/9/2018 at 2:37 PM, SonofBaconator said:

*When I make polls, I include all coasters as to reduce bias and be inclusive.*

Firehawk by a LONG shot; this summer it was REAL apparent that it was formerly X-Flight.  I like the Black/Red color scheme much more than the highlighter green... but with such an obnoxious color under the red it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to know that chips in the paint will be VERY noticeable quickly.  

2nd place: The Racer.  Instead of all white, maybe they could paint The Racer a black/grease color.  Then, in 2 years you won't be able to tell.