Which Coaster needs a Paint Job?

SonofBaconator

Coaster Paint  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, TheBeast54 said:

I'm saying to ride Firehawk, you need a locker or give your items to a non-rider, which makes KI money. Like FoF.

FoF doesn't require a locker at KI, and I've been surprised at what the ride ops have had me take on the ride. Both a full drink cup and my camera bag full of gear have been for a ride.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That would be extremely expensive to paint all the coasters every off season.  And not really necessary every single off season.  Yes, Diamondback`s supports are starting to fade.  As are Vortex`s.  

Keep in mind also that painting coasters is not a very cheap undertaking.  We are talking in the six figure range, at least.

With the arrival of Kings Mills Antique Autos, I am really hoping that Racer and Vortex get repainted. Both of them need it. The last time Vortex got new paint was nearly ten years ago (2009) and I have absolutely no idea when Racer was last painted.

I was actually looking at Vortex pictures from 2003-2004 (not long after its 2001 repaint) in the KIC photo gallery and it looked amazing compared to today where the orange rails are pretty much yellow! I also noticed the blue paint on several supports was starting to peel while riding Vortex on Closing Day.

• Like 2