Sign in to follow this  
CoastersRZ

New Coney Historical Pictures

http://coneyislandcentral.com/history/

I have received some great historical pictures from Coney in September of 1971, right before the park closed.  These photos are courtesy of Paul Adams, and include many shots/angles that I have never seen before.

71ci233cc_39798784195_o.jpg

On 3/15/2018 at 4:07 AM, goettablitz said:

This is a pretty cool documentary that I stumbled across a couple of years ago and these old photos reminded me of it.  It is about the making of Kings Island and how it came from Coney.  Check it out!

Loved this series, its great I forget the maybe 20th anniversary special was greatbtp, i wish someone had a great copy. 

The host i forget to..

I actually just saw this video for the first time on Friday. 

This does have some awesome footage.  You can actually see several of the buildings that are still standing at Coney to this day.  Obviously, some of the rides like the log flume have been relocated to Kings Island.

A few observations:

The overflow parking lot where the ferry parked by the lighthouse was used as a campground for the Boy Scouts over every Memorial Weekend

Many of the Ginkgo ice cream push-up trees are still there

They still had duo ways to ride the rides, tickets and POP

Since then, Lake Como's configuration was changed.

Excellent posts!

Pilotank

On 3/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, upstop said:

I’m absolutely obsessed with Coney pictures. I would love more pictures of the Lost River, especially the inside and the Haunted House. Those two rides are ones that that I would have loved to seen transferred to Kings Island. 

I agree!! Also, I would love to see inside pictures of the Windjammer:)

Pilotank

Very cool.  I like those "see you at Kings Island" signs throughout the park.  It's also amazing that, here we are, in 2018, and the "new" Kings Island park is currently building a brand-new restaurant themed to an area that itself is modeled after Coney Island.  Still influential 47 years later.