Kings Island Spring Madness Tournament

dtk1378

So I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while but didn't know how well received it would be on here but I figured why not give it a shot, the worst that could happen is I get no replies and the thread just slowly fades away. So what I am doing is creating a March Madness-esque bracket for Kings Island. I have created a 128 "team" bracket that is broken up into the following "regions":

1. Roller Coasters
  2. Planet Snoopy
  3. Water Rides
  4. Halloween Haunt
  5. Culinary Options
  6. Entertainment
  7. Flat Rides
  8. WinterFest

The teams in the bracket will consist of rides, attractions, and locations that were active as of the 2017 operating season. The seeds that I picked for each bracket were based off of my knowledge of the "teams" and some of the feedback I've seen from others on the forums. In case anyone is curious, the bracket regional winners will square off in the following order:

• Roller Coasters vs. Planet Snoopy
  • Water Rides vs. Halloween Haunt
  • Culinary Options vs. Entertainment
  • Flat Rides vs. WinterFest
  • Roller Coasters/Planet Snoopy vs. Water Rides/ Halloween Haunt
  • Culinary Options/Entertainment vs. Flat Rides/WinterFest
  • Finals being the latter two winners facing off against each other

I will be tracking the scores for these weekly, the first round will be going region by region and then the 2nd round will be 2 regions at a time, 3rd round will be 3 regions at a time, etc. The scoring is pretty simple, I am going to put up the match-ups for the first round and all you have to do is give a list of the winners for each match-up, if you don't feel you know enough about some of the attractions feel free to pass putting a winner for that match-up. The match-ups will go from Friday @ 12:01am EST until 10pm EST on Thursday where I will then announce the winners and reveal the match-ups for the next round.

So without further adieu see below for the first round match-ups in the first round of the Roller Coasters regional!:

• 1. Diamondback vs. 16. The Great Pumpkin Coaster
  • 8. Adventure Express vs. 9. Firehawk
  • 4. Mystic Timbers vs. 13. Invertigo
  • 6. The Racer (red) vs. 11. Backlot Stunt Coaster
  • 3. The Beast vs. 14. Woodstock Express
  • 5. Flight of Fear vs. 12. The Bat
  • 7. The Racer (blue) vs. 10. Vortex
  • 2. Banshee vs. 15. Flying Ace Aerial Chase
  • Like 1