Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

If Kings Island was to get a multi launch coaster what manufacturer would you want, location it’d be, and theme. I would love a maverick type right at Kings Island it is in my top 3 coasters. 

1. I would like to see what Mack could do and see how creative they can be to come up with something totally new. I’m to afraid to trust anything from Intamin. 

2. Location- I would think it’d be interesting for it to go where Adventure Express is and in that area between Flight of Fear and The Racer. I will attach a picture showing the area. It would be a small expansion to X-Base and you would be able to access it through the regular x base entrance OR a second entrance is made where Adventure Express is now so there would be 2 options to access x base. 

3. Theme- I would theme to the Air Force or a fighter Jet and to be based off speed and sharp turns and twisted and inversions. 

Thanks for reading I came up with all of this really just now playing around thinking about things.. expansion area picture is below. Keep in mind I just did this from my phone and using my finger... there could be some room for a few small flat rides in this area as well.. also keep in mind this is just an idea of mine and it is a high probability that this won’t happen but just fun to think of stuff like this. Thanks 

05ABBA0F-01B2-471D-BDDB-85C68FC2A106.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:47 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

I am totally for it but there is no reason for a ride to be taken out as much land as the park has. 

In my opinion, unless there's a significant mechanical error that cannot be fixed, a roller coaster shouldn't be removed unless there's a better ride to replace it.

• Like 2

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a launch coaster with a bit more umph than FoF and Backlot at Kings Island.  Backlot is more of a family ride anyway if we're talking multi-launchers.  I wanna see something that launches to 70+ mph and has the appropriate elements to go along with it.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Of Kings Island's 16 coasters (if you include Surf Dog), four are wood, and one is hybrid. That means 2/3 of the park's coasters are already steel. I wouldn't say it is impossible they might add another wood coaster next. 

That said, I don't think it's likely either. 

I agree. People always say stuff about not needing another wooden coaster in parks when they have a couple but fine with having 20 steel coasters if they could. Different wooden coasters can provide vastly different experiences, and especially once you factor in a hybrid like an RMC. An RMC, Beast, Mystic Timbers,  and Racer would all give very different rides. Can understand the park side as I believe the steel coasters are easier to maintain. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 4:41 PM, Tera Ryzing said:

There are not many parks with a 90° drop.

Dorney, Valleyfair, CP, IB, DW, KD, Hershey, Knoebels, Kennywood, Lagoon, Six Flags (St Louis, Georgia, Texas, Magic Mountain, Discovery Kingdom, Great Adventure) Knotts, Oaks, BGW, BGT, CW, Adventureland, Canobie, Darien Lake, Elitch Gardens, Luna Park, OWA

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Name: King Cobra

In addition, after riding Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City in May I would fully support something like that coming to KI.  For people who are concerned about us already having one multi-launch, I would say that Time Traveler and BLSC are completely different type of experiences from each other.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am one to agree with the sentiment that the presence of Backlot and FOF do not rule out the possibility of another launched coaster at KI.

Backlot tops out at 40 mph and features no inversions...

Flight of Fear, while still a fine launched coaster in its own right, has become a little outdated (it was the first LIM coaster ever after all, along with the KD clone).

Mack and Premier have proven themselves capable of delivering generally reliable multilaunchers, and with the absence of Intamin from the American market, would look to be the prime candidates for bringing one here if Cedar Fair chooses to do so.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:52 PM, SonofBaconator said:

Kings Domion has 2 multi-launch coasters along with a single launch. Anything is possible.

And for a brief period from 2006-07, with the coexistence of Hypersonic and their BLSC, had four launch coasters!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Correct.

However, with FOF and BLSC both being Premier-built, there could be some convenience found in having a third coaster from the same manufacturer (when acquiring replacement parts and service).

Ultimately though, I would think (and hope) that they go with Mack, for the reason you stated...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...