Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

On 10/17/2018 at 10:23 PM, BeastForever said:

Correct.

However, with FOF and BLSC both being Premier-built, there could be some convenience found in having a third coaster from the same manufacturer (when acquiring replacement parts and service).

Ultimately though, I would think (and hope) that they go with Mack, for the reason you stated...

I wish I had more faith in Intamin because I wouldn't mind a blitz coaster at the park. Maverick is in my top 10 favorite coasters because of the launches, but more than that the beyond 90° drop, the ejector airtime, and the rapid transitions. 

• Like 3

Also, as far as going with manufacturer`s that the chain is familiar with, until this year`s installation of Hang Time at Knott`s Berry Farm, I do not believe that Cedar Fair had worked with Gerstlauer before either.  I think the same could be said for Rocky Mountain Construction (and they got one brand new creation from them and two conversions in the same season).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

Also, as far as going with manufacturer`s that the chain is familiar with, until this year`s installation of Hang Time at Knott`s Berry Farm, I do not believe that Cedar Fair had worked with Gerstlauer before either.  I think the same could be said for Rocky Mountain Construction (and they got one brand new creation from them and two conversions in the same season).

Gerstlauer has been used for some projects, but not a ton of projects, I think their last coaster they put in was Spinning Dragons at Worlds of Fun, then as for flat rides they installed a Skyroller at Canada's Wonderland in 2016.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 1:25 AM, SonofBaconator said:

I wish I had more faith in Intamin because I wouldn't mind a blitz coaster at the park. Maverick is in my top 10 favorite coasters because of the launches, but more than that the beyond 90° drop, the ejector airtime, and the rapid transitions. 

I wish I had more faith in Intamin as well.

And more importantly, I wish Cedar Fair and Six Flags could have more faith in them, but fully acknowledge the reasons they can't...

Europe, East Asia, and a handful of US parks appear to remain trustworthy of Intamin though...which I would consider a good thing...

Thankfully, Mack has been gaining ground in the US market...and does make blitz-type coasters.

However, I do hope that they'd be willing have one go into the 70 mph+ range if a park asks for said speed. Copperhead Strike tops out at 50 mph and Mack's fastest launchers top out at 62.1 mph (https://rcdb.com/r.htm?mk=6856&order=-19&ot=2).

On 11/18/2018 at 10:02 AM, NewD4y20 said:

I'd prefer the gimmicky multi launch coasters stay at the park up north.

Gimmicky?

Wicked Twister could fit this description perhaps, but then again it is just a shuttle (and a very good one at that IMO).

Per Kinzel himself,  it was meant to be a "fill-in" coaster, not anything extraordinary (https://www.coaster101.com/2016/01/12/book-review-dick-kinzel-biography/).

Maverick on the other hand... I, as well as many others, would consider that coaster to be the furthest thing from "gimmicky".

• Like 1

Agreed. Maverick was a thought out and well made coaster but not gimmicky. Many of the other coasters at the park could be considered gimmicky at the time of their opening as many of them were touted as being tallest, fastest, longest, etc. Doesn't make them bad but their construction and stats were designed to have a selling point based on a gimmick of some type to use in marketing to get people in. Don't recall Maverick having anything special about it by any means for stats. Remember when they announced it my first thought was, "Good. they're finally making something with quality and not just trying to break a record." And that seems to have held as it is by far my favorite coaster at the park still and easily in my top 3 of all time. (Haven't gotten to rid Steel Vengeance yet though.)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Coaster Critics said:

I would love an Intamin Blitz in the park but  Mack multi-launch coasters just aren't thrilling enough. They made major improvements with Copper Head Strike but until mack can make a coaster as intense as Maverick I will wait.

Just curious, how many Mack multi-launch coasters have you been on? 

How do you know the intensity of CopperHead Strike without having ridden it

18 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I hope to ride Copperhead Strike in about a month, but Time Traveler was exceptional and very thrilling.

I fully agree! Time Traveler was amazing! I found it disorienting based on the spin and the speed into those inversions. 

Depending on how it goes next weekend, Mack may become my favorite manufacturer! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chugh43 said:

I fully agree! Time Traveler was amazing! I found it disorienting based on the spin and the speed into those inversions. 

Depending on how it goes next weekend, Mack may become my favorite manufacturer! 

May I ask what will happen next weekend, where this might happen?

2 hours ago, scoriell said:

Would love for us to get a Mack Multi-launch, preferably replacing something with low ridership. *cough cough* Congo Falls.

In an area of the park that has little shade, I'd prefer the water ride to stay. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You already know my thoughts on this topic haha. Intamin Blitz all day. Just wait and see what potter coaster does and Jurassic World coaster. Then we shall see!

Yep, Intamin Blitz is easily my favorite coaster model. While I haven’t ridden copperhead strike it looks like it’s going to be a pretty he a great ride. I’d be fine with either.

• Like 1

Here's a Mack double launch concept replacing Invertigo/Congo Falls. It also removes a little bit of Timberwolf so they can still hold Spirit Song and it comes with a new event plaza so that during Spirit Song they can have more space for the booths and activities they have outside the theater. They can even have other special events there. I give you Cobra Strike! 

2019-03-12_16.53.29.jpg

• Like 1

*Double post* and I do apologize but I just have to show you my latest creation!

I took out Invertigo and installed an Intamin Blitz coaster. Its a double launch. UP the first hill and then over the water. Couple inversions and water elements when the water launch happens.

I give you " El Lobizon".  An amazon werewolf creature stalking the rain forest and Congo Falls.  

El Lobizon .png

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I will be at Carowinds to ride Copperhead Strike. 

18 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Copperhead strike opens next weekend.

Oh Sweet!  I guess I did not think about Carowinds opening earlier than KI.  I'll be anxious to hear how you like it.  I watched the CGI pov of it on YouTube a couple of weeks ago it looks awesome.  

1 minute ago, MonteCristo said:

Oh Sweet!  I guess I did not think about Carowinds opening earlier than KI.  I'll be anxious to hear how you like it.  I watched the CGI pov of it on YouTube a couple of weeks ago it looks awesome.  

Carowinds recently uploaded a real POV on their YouTube channel Incase you haven’t checked it out yet.