Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

48 minutes ago, MonteCristo said:

Oh Sweet!  I guess I did not think about Carowinds opening earlier than KI.  I'll be anxious to hear how you like it.  I watched the CGI pov of it on YouTube a couple of weeks ago it looks awesome.  

I'll definitely post a review here after I ride it! :)

• Like 2

22 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Just curious, how many Mack multi-launch coasters have you been on? 

How do you know the intensity of CopperHead Strike without having ridden it

The POV of Copperhead Strike shows it has a lot of hang time on all of its inversions (I know this because of the extended time the train is held upside down.). You experience more hangtime when the train barely makes it through the inversion (Or if it is a zero-g stall, etc.). Therefore hangtime does not give you +g's and +g's is what most of us call intensity. Although intensity doesn't automatically mean a coaster will be good, in my opinion, it is a step in the right direction and is the type of coaster I would like to see at the park.

34 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

The POV of Copperhead Strike shows it has a lot of hang time on all of its inversions (I know this because of the extended time the train is held upside down.). You experience more hangtime when the train barely makes it through the inversion (Or if it is a zero-g stall, etc.). Therefore hangtime does not give you +g's and +g's is what most of us call intensity. Although intensity doesn't automatically mean a coaster will be good, in my opinion, it is a step in the right direction and is the type of coaster I would like to see at the park.

I've come to find watching a POV is completely different than actually riding and feeling the effects throughout the course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I've come to find watching a POV is completely different than actually riding and feeling the effects throughout the course.

But here you are defending it as being a great coaster without having ridden it yourself. All I am saying is that a POV is all we have right now and based on that I doesn't seem that intense.

2 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

But here you are defending it as being a great coaster without having ridden it yourself. All I am saying is that a POV is all we have right now and based on that I doesn't seem that intense.

I haven't said that it's a great coaster...I said Time Traveler is a great coaster....I also said that Mack may be my favorite manufacturer AFTER I ride it.

All I asked is how do you know if you've never actually ridden it yourself? I also responded to your answer by saying that I've found that POVs are different than the actual ride experience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chugh43 said:

I haven't said that it's a great coaster...I said Time Traveler is a great coaster....I also said that Mack may be my favorite manufacturer AFTER I ride it.

All I asked is how do you know if you've never actually ridden it yourself? I also responded to your answer by saying that I've found that POVs are different than the actual ride experience.

No one knows truly how the ride will feel without riding it first. So, in my opinion, I believe it will not be that intense based on the information provided to me about the ride. I am allowed to have an opinion before riding it first in this situation because no one has ridden it. This is not the same as someone trashing Time Traveler when everyone that rides it loves it.

6 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

No one knows truly how the ride will feel without riding it first. So, in my opinion, I believe it will not be that intense based on the information provided to me about the ride. I am allowed to have an opinion before riding it first in this situation because no one has ridden it. This is not the same as someone trashing Time Traveler when everyone that rides it loves it.

I appreciate that. 

• Like 1

I’ll be honest. I have not been on time traveler but looks boring as all hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a blitz or similar non-Intamin (noooo) multi-launch would fit nicely in the plot of land to the left of the main gate, alongside the parking lot. Sell Invertigo for scrap, use that station area, and let it snake alongside the amphitheater back toward the Top Gun station. Plenty of land. Nice marquee attraction right up front, yet not corrupting the front gate like the main gate coaster trend from a few years back. Maybe tie it in with an Action Zone re-theme. Maybe even Intamin will have a rebirth after the big Islands of Adventure jobs and their switch-track multi-launch going into BGW. They won't be able to get back in CF's good graces in time for our Giga, but maybe some day.

Untitled.jpg

On 3/13/2019 at 9:27 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't see Timberwolf leaving anytime soon. You've got to remember that SpiritSong brings in a lot of people to the park. They could take out a small portion of it like the top part to support a new coaster, but I don't think they'll take out the entire theatre.

I've never understood using SpiritSong as an excuse to keep Timberwolf. SpiritSong brings in crowds for three days out of the year. Hardly a reason to keep an ageing amphitheater. As soon as the right project comes along I see no reason why the park won't replace it.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, Maverick44 said:

I’ll be honest. I have not been on time traveler but looks boring as all hell.

Back row, backwards out of the Time Traveler station drop is the most intense roller coaster moment I have ever experienced, and that isn't me being snarky. I'm completely serious.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JAHill said:

Back row, backwards out of the Time Traveler station drop is the most intense roller coaster moment I have ever experienced, and that isn't me being snarky. I'm completely serious.

Time Traveler seems like it would make use of a lot of Voban.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Coaster Critics said:

Time Traveler seems like it would make use of a lot of Voban.

From what I've heard, the rides spinning motion isn't sickening enough to where it's a throw up immediately type of roller coaster, honestly, I think a Mack Xtreme Spinner would be a great fit for KI, or a launched infinity coaster.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

I think a blitz or similar non-Intamin (noooo) multi-launch

This is blasphemy! Haha If you look back on the last page this is where a couple of us placed launch coasters  in this spot.

@chugh43 I can't wait to give it a try! Yeah POV's do no justice to rides at all.