Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

I couldn’t agree more which is why I want an Intamin launch coaster, but it seems like Cedar Fair as a whole is trying to build rides that will appeal to the General Public and bring in more attendance

The only exceptions to this are the recent RMC’s they built, and I am not sure they will do this against anytime soon because the attendance at the parks that received the RMC’s was supposedly down earlier in the year

They could look at KI and think they added MT witch is a good family coaster. I thinks its time for a very aggressive coaster. B&M is great and a B&M giga would be awesome. They are just not as aggressive with the turns and ejector air. I will take anything and love it haha We are now going over my dream coasters for KI lol 

• 2 weeks later...

After riding Copperhead Strike this past weekend, I’d be more than ok with KI getting a Mack Multi Launch. TBH the launch’s were sub par but it had amazing airtime and laterals, not to mention the hang time is out of the world. Towards the end of the ride it had some nice rapid transitions similar to Maverick. Maverick is still the way better ride, IMO but if KI went with a Mack Multi Launch they couldn’t go wrong.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, kiisgreat said:

Where would you guys put a Multi-Launch Coaster on your KI Priority Coaster List? 

1-Giga 

2- Something bigger for the kids with a 38/40 inch height. Something similar to Firechaser Express or Kentucky Flyer.

3- Ground up RMC woodie

4- Mack Multi Launch

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoasterOhio said:

Kings Island already has two launch roller coasters. We don't need a launch. In reality, the park could probably do with a intense mid-size attraction, something like Maverick would be cool, Maybe the Mack Mega with a chain lift?

Personally, I'd like to see KI get another launch coaster at some point, one that shows how far launch tech has come since the 2 coasters it currently has (I'm talking 70+ mph launch and elements getting towards 200 ft).  A 3rd Premier or a S&S would be great.  

• Like 3

Although an Intamin launch coaster would be nice, I could see Cedar Fair going with Mack Rides for the launch coaster because it would be able to operate during Winterfest like Copperhead Strike, but that is not to say that Intamin couldn’t do the same

Also... this is completely unrelated but does anyone know why Banshee is not open for Winterfest when other B&M’s in the Cedar Fair chain are open for Winterfest like Dominator and Afterburn?

CS is still having problems.

Per Carowinds Connection, 

"Well CS not having a good day. In 2 hours they ran more empty trains than full ones and finally they shut it down. Headed to have some rotisserie chicken and drown my sorrows in the hot sauce"

"Was at the park yesterday and CS did the very same thing. I waited out by the lockers with about 50 other people waiting for it to re-open and while observing the empty trains running, it was almost as if the two launches couldn't get the train thru the full circuit. It was odd to say the least. It finally opened about an hour later after running what seemed to be 30 empty trains."

Fingers crossed that CS is just going through that "phase". Those launches just seem to slow on the POV and cam. The empty traisn were barley making in through the loops. Maybe the need to up the launch speeds in Macks are able to change the speeds. I would hope so.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering creating a concept for a future Multi-launch/ Blitz coaster in Planet Coaster (I'm not that good with NL2). What would you like to see?

1. Intamin Blitz or Mack multi-launch.

2. Take out Invertigo or Timber Wolf (location at the front of the park already discussed on this thread)

3. Anything else?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 10:11 PM, Rivertown Rider said:

Name: King Cobra

In addition, after riding Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City in May I would fully support something like that coming to KI.  For people who are concerned about us already having one multi-launch, I would say that Time Traveler and BLSC are completely different type of experiences from each other.

I think when the ax does eventually fall for Vortex it would be an excellent location for something like time traveller. The ride that replaces Vortex will need to be pretty tall, though, so I'm not sure how you would get the height needed

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

Also... this is completely unrelated but does anyone know why Banshee is not open for Winterfest when other B&M’s in the Cedar Fair chain are open for Winterfest like Dominator and Afterburn?

Ohio weather might be different than that of Virginia or the Carolinas. Plus it might all depend on which coaster each parks' maintenance departments think are the best to run in cold weather conditions.

On 6/11/2018 at 12:43 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

I wonder what the cheapest way to launch a train would be.  I heard it takes upward to $25 in power to launch a single Flight of Fear train.  Not sure if that is accurate or not.  

fof.png

$25 in power for every FoF launch?  That cannot be right. Or even close. If it is right...tear that sucker down and build something else.

• Thanks 1

The park could remove Vortex and put a Mack or Intamin launch coaster there. I feel like every season, Vortex’s popularity declines, and as it keeps on aging, the park will eventually take it out. I think a launch coaster would fit perfectly there as everyone would stand around and watch it, and it would be a an absolute GP magnet. My only doubt with this happening is that it would make that general are of the park more crowded with Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, and The Beast nearby. It would make more sense to put it on the left side of the park near Action Zone or Oktoberfest.

Or to replace Vortex they could always go the dive route... I know the GP will like that...

The FOF launch uses a lot of power, but it's very short in duration. At the wholesale prices the park pays, the electrical energy required to launch a train is going to cost pennies.

A caveat: A capacitor bank is now used to spread out the load over a  much greater time period than the 4-second launch, keeping the park's electrical cost down and preventing problems (i.e. brown-outs) for neighboring customers. When the ride first opened, the cost would have been much higher, owing to the very high peak load on the utility during a launch.