Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

^ Just to add on to what he said: it's my understanding that Flight of Fear's launch system is designed so that the whole launch system turns on when the ride launches. LSMs can be programmed to only turn on the sections that are needed as the train passes over them.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only company that makes reliable launched coasters right now that CF would work with is Mack. There's two issues with this: first off Mack coasters are extremely expensive since their track is manufactured overseas so shipping costs will be higher than other companies, second, and this is my personal gripe, I've heard their launches aren't as intense as other manufactures like Premier, Intamin, etc which takes away from the experience IMO, 

It would be cool to work with Premier again but we already have 2 launched coasters from them so I don't see the need for a 3rd at this time. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Then in 20 years when they have no other option RMC The Beast.

Seems like a GCI total retrack would be far more likely than getting RMCed. If anything, I'd expect to see it get some topper track and maybe an overbank added somewhere- but I don't think they'd ever go that route. It is too much of a classic and has so much history.

However.... I'd love to see new some new trains at some point, preferably articulated ones. 

I think it's been well covered that CF doesn't seem interested in working with Intamin anymore and Mack would be more likely, but I would love an S&S air launch. Maxx Force looks fun, and Steel Curtain was a blast. If we could get an air launch that unseats Do-Dodonpa for fastest acceleration that still has an interesting layout, I would be thrilled. It doesn't have to have a high top speed, but the acceleration record may be attainable. Something like 0-65 in .85 seconds.

12 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Seems like a GCI total retrack would be far more likely than getting RMCed. If anything, I'd expect to see it get some topper track and maybe an overbank added somewhere- but I don't think they'd ever go that route. It is too much of a classic and has so much history

Ahhhh I love this idea as Ive always wondered what they would do. The Beast is 40. Thats some age. Surely they cant keep it forever right? Like eventually a re track isnt going to work or could they keep retracking for 40 more? I know that its no where near but one day The Beast will have to come to and end of its service life right? I just figured eventually one day that coaster wont be there, I love The Beast to death.

The Intamin thing it bums me out that Cedar Point got so many world class intamins and wont try one of the parks out who doesnt have one. But it is what it is. 

Who knows maybe in the future B&M will design a launch blitz layout 

Maybe Togo comes back in 60 years and is the leader of coaster design lol... okay maybe not this one.,

But this is what i Love about our Hobby it is so Predictable and Unpredictable at the same time. It goes past just riding these machines.

Main Take away: How long do you think The Beast has left? Or could it remain past my lifetime?

• Like 1

Maybe we could get a launched wing coaster! Killing two birds with one stone. Yes, Thunderbird is not too far away, but I don't think that matters too much. In fact, they could make it a little bit different from Thunderbird. I don't know if the GP will care too much that there are other wing coasters close by. I also remember being told (I don't know if true or not) that at Coasterstock one year, it was before MT, Greg Scheid said that he looked at both Gold Striker and Thunderbird and asked people's opinions on both of them. Obviously Gold Striker won it, but maybe they kept the launched wing idea as a possibility for the future. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Its a wood coaster, you can retrack/replace forever if you like.  I'm sure parts of the ride get retracked every year or handful of years, nothing major, but routing maintenance over the coarse of the offseason.  Unless mother nature comes calling, there is nothing that would prevent KI from keeping it going for the rest of my liefetime short of The Beast becoming less popular than the maintenance is worth.  There are coasters over 100 years old out there still operating.

• Like 2

Intamin making a come back! You heard it here! Pantheon will bring them back from the dead in the USA!  Wooowooo! Lol

In all honesty there are no launches like an Intamin launch. That being said I have never been on an S&S launch. So if CF is still holding a grudge against Intamin I hope its S&S who gives us a major launched coaster.

Also RMCing The Beast sounds terrible. Let CGI re-track the thing. It would be amazing.

I feel like Mack rides could make a more aggressive launch if they were asked to make one. At least I want to hope that is the case. I think they built copperhead strike that way becuase carowinds requested the ride to be that way. To be honest with KI having two launch coasters already it is more likely we get a copperhead strike coaster than a maverick type coaster. Which I would be fine with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I feel like Mack rides could make a more aggressive launch if they were asked to make one. At least I want to hope that is the case. I think they built copperhead strike that way becuase carowinds requested the ride to be that way. To be honest with KI having two launch coasters already it is more likely we get a copperhead strike coaster than a maverick type coaster. Which I would be fine with. 

I mean lets be honest BLSC is a weak launch so that fits with a slow launch like copperhead strike already. Ki needs a multi launch coaster that it does not have. We each have our own opinions and who ever said a blitz in The Vortex area.....that would look/would be amazing. 

• Like 2

In my opinion BLSC is a stepping stone coaster and nothing more. That’s why I hope Mack can make a more aggressive ride becuase Maverick is one of my favorite rides. At the end of the day KI does not have any multi launch coaster so we could technically get either style. The faster the better in my opinion but with how Cedar Point is I am not going to expect anything close to a maverick type ride. Thinking about it maybe a Gerstlauer coaster would be nice. That way Cedar Point doesn’t have to worry about it upstaging their coasters. 

Also KI needs more flat rides I feel like we are lacking in that category compared to all the other properties. 

18 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Intamin making a come back! You heard it here! Pantheon will bring them back from the dead in the USA!  Wooowooo! Lol

In all honesty there are no launches like an Intamin launch. That being said I have never been on an S&S launch. So if CF is still holding a grudge against Intamin I hope its S&S who gives us a major launched coaster.

Also RMCing The Beast sounds terrible. Let CGI re-track the thing. It would be amazing.

Im very much on this train. Really hoping to see Pantheon open on time, with low down time just as a little tug at Cedar Fair shirt like "hey look"

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Im very much on this train. Really hoping to see Pantheon open on time, with low down time just as a little tug at Cedar Fair shirt like "hey look"

Yes I agree. For sure haha!

@Hueney020 So could copperhead strike be considered a stepping stone launch / looping coaster as well.  Just wondering.  I think Ki needs a multi launch coaster at some point. Seems the way the industry is going to have multiple launches on a coaster.

• Like 1

Hear me out..... 

Here's the story

Maverick is ****ed about Steel Vengeance and Digger, and that crew showing up. SOOOOO

He hops on his horse goes south. (This is where they could do a promo video of someone walking past the "HELL IS REAL SIGN" i think it would be hilarious)

Maverick shows up at Kings Island, Maverick takes grinder or some sort of tool to the supports of Vortex.

Vortex comes down. Maverick 2.0 takes the area. Call it Mustang to keep maverick esk theme or do weather related to keep Vortex Esk theme whatever they prefer. 

Well that was fun but three or four years has gone by.....

Steel Vengeance crew is BIG mad about Maverick taking new land SOOOOOOOO

The crew heads south (video passing same sign three years later would be hilarious)

Steel vengeance and Chess and all those people (dont know the names) Stumble upon a big cage....

They "Unleash The Beast"

And its RMC Beast 

Beast Unleashed and Mustang 

RMC and Intamin Launch.

Thanks for taking a look at my biggest dream. That will not happen

@Maverick44This ones for you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Hear me out..... 

Here's the story

Maverick is ****ed about Steel Vengeance and Digger, and that crew showing up. SOOOOO

He hops on his horse goes south. (This is where they could do a promo video of someone walking past the "HELL IS REAL SIGN" i think it would be hilarious)

Maverick shows up at Kings Island, Maverick takes grinder or some sort of tool to the supports of Vortex.

Vortex comes down. Maverick 2.0 takes the area. Call it Mustang to keep maverick esk theme or do weather related to keep Vortex Esk theme whatever they prefer. 

Well that was fun but three or four years has gone by.....

Steel Vengeance crew is BIG mad about Maverick taking new land SOOOOOOOO

The crew heads south (video passing same sign three years later would be hilarious)

Steel vengeance and Chess and all those people (dont know the names) Stumble upon a big cage....

They "Unleash The Beast"

And its RMC Beast 

Beast Unleashed and Mustang 

RMC and Intamin Launch.

Thanks for taking a look at my biggest dream. That will not happen

@Maverick44This ones for you

Amazing. I would follow that story lien from day 1! I love the spot of Vortex for that multi launch. Keeping the "feud" between Intamin and RMC alive is awesome as well! haha

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Yes I agree. For sure haha!

@Hueney020 So could copperhead strike be considered a stepping stone launch / looping coaster as well.  Just wondering.  I think Ki needs a multi launch coaster at some point. Seems the way the industry is going to have multiple launches on a coaster.

As far as BLSC there are no loops, corckscrews nothing besides a launch and a helix hill. I actually enjoy the ride but it is nothing special at all. I could actually talk my son into riding becuase it doesn’t have a big hill. Copperhead with loops and stalls definitely not even close as the same thing. 

Like I said though a multi launch coaster is not at the park so it is definitely possible we could get one. However not one that would upstage maverick especially since it is still one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point. 

3 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Ay Don if you reading this i dont need any payment for the idea above. You just go ahead and wipe that five year plan you got now and get to work. 

But don't RMC The Beast! Build a ground up RMC and connect it to the Cedar Creek Mining Company and Chamberlain lore! Maybe connect it to Oupost 5 too!

• Like 2