Future multi launch coaster

GigaLover

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm just curious as to the need for a Mack. We need a coaster that can pack in 6+ inversions. Macks can certainly accomplish that but I don't know how much they would charge if they have to ship their track overseas.

Well copperhead strike was the most expensive project in Carowinds history.

• Like 1

Just now, coaster sally said:

Well copperhead strike was the most expensive project in Carowinds history.

Exactly. If I recall Fury 325 was $30 million so I couldn't see KI wanting to spend anything over that, especially when they just got a pretty expensive giga. 

Cedar Fair wants to invest heavily into Carowinds so it makes sense that they would be willing to invest in their first launch coaster. Kings Island, however, already has two launch coasters so I don't see the need to empty out their wallets for a third. I'm sure there are other manufactures out there that could deliver on inversions without breaking the bank.

• Like 2

IMO Mack and Intamins launch coasters are equally as fun. I personally don't care about a launch intensity as that's not all the ride is (unless you're essentially talking about TTD). Give me a launch (or a couple more), fun and some inversions and I'm happy.

• Like 1

I agree the launch isn’t everything but if it’s a weaker launch would be lower speeds and not as intense of a ride overall. I much prefer the quick transition or Maverick and many RMCs to the hang time of stuff like Copperhead Strike. They all have fun aspects to them but I prefer the more intense fast moves.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm really not sure why everyone is so convinced that because we have BLSC and FoF they wouldn't build another launch coaster at KI. Kind of reminds me of when people said Orion was going to be too much like Diamondback. I could easily see a mack multi-launch taking the place of Vortex. I mean, there's a lot of other stuff that could go there too, but I don't think we can just totally discount the idea of something like Copperhead Strike going there.  Personally I'd like to see them do something like Time Traveler, especially in that spot. It's such a good spot for someone to stop and have a drink or something to eat and watch a coaster, or take pictures. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'm really not sure why everyone is so convinced that because we have BLSC and FoF they wouldn't build another launch coaster at KI. Kind of reminds me of when people said Orion was going to be too much like Diamondback. I could easily see a mack multi-launch taking the place of Vortex. I mean, there's a lot of other stuff that could go there too, but I don't think we can just totally discount the idea of something like Copperhead Strike going there.  Personally I'd like to see them do something like Time Traveler, especially in that spot. It's such a good spot for someone to stop and have a drink or something to eat and watch a coaster, or take pictures. 

I agree with this 100%. If it is something like Time Traveler, it will be quite different from Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight of Fear. Even if it is just a standard MACK Rides launch coaster, it will be different than Kings Island’s other launch coasters because it will have more inversions, hangtime, and just be an overall more modern ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I agree with this 100%. If it is something like Time Traveler, it will be quite different from Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight of Fear. Even if it is just a standard MACK Rides launch coaster, it will be different than Kings Island’s other launch coasters because it will have more inversions, hangtime, and just be an overall more modern ride.

BLSC has a more powerful launch than a mack.  Can do so much better for less $.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coaster sally said:

BLSC has a more powerful launch than a mack.  Can do so much better for less $.

Well if we could just have anything I'd love to see something like Accelerator or TTD. I really like how accelerator has more to the layout than the top hat so I'd almost just prefer something exactly like that.

• Like 1

After our first trip to SDC and 5 rides on Time Traveler earlier this month, I would love to see a unique layout Mack spinner in The Vortex plot someday. I enjoyed Copperhead last year, but I think the spinning model is much more memorable. I know the cost is high either way, but wow TT really impressed me. The theming and position of the station, which allows for that insane back row drop out of it, are unique - however I think KI could use the terrain available for something that would also be epic. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 5:27 AM, JimParker85 said:

After our first trip to SDC and 5 rides on Time Traveler earlier this month, I would love to see a unique layout Mack spinner in The Vortex plot someday. I enjoyed Copperhead last year, but I think the spinning model is much more memorable. I know the cost is high either way, but wow TT really impressed me. The theming and position of the station, which allows for that insane back row drop out of it, are unique - however I think KI could use the terrain available for something that would also be epic. 

I'd love a spinner but something more on par with Sierra Sidewinder where its more compact and has more rapid spins. Not that I wouldn't welcome something like Time Traveler because it does look like a super fun ride! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2022 at 12:46 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I made a blitz concept this time it is in Action Zone and replaces Invertigo and Congo and goes across the entrance pathway similar to Fury. The elements that cross over the pathway are a zero g stall and an outerbank/stengal dive similar to the last element on Pantheon just bigger. The name is Guardian.

KI intamin blitz concept.jpg

I think a white coaster with a lighting package would look great near the front. We have enough blue for now haha

• Like 2