Remembering the Sky Ride

KIghostguy

Good morning. Not too giant of a blog post today, but I hope you all find it interesting nonetheless. People seemed to like when I covered the King Cobra, so I thought I'd do another defunct attraction.

http://kingsislandghosts.blogspot.com/2018/03/remembering-kings-islands-sky-ride.html

Sorry for the wait. I've been busy working on another giant post. I don't really know when that one will be released.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting information regarding the Skyride. I never knew the original Coney Island gondulas were replaced when it was moved to Kings Island. What's also interesting to point out is that the Skyride originally had three support towers at Coney, but a fourth tower, a second 96' tower, was added at Kings Island to span the length of the park.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the lights were the same color as the gondolas (red, blue green yellow e.t.c.) and were very magical seeing them glide across the park after dark. Especially cool if viewing from the front gate with the Eiffel Tower's green glow lighting and the Royal fountain's color changing patterns.  

Here is a pic of them when they were still at Old Coney. 

Source: http://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com

05 Coney Is. Oh - Fireworks amp Sky Ride.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Found this cool opening year video uploaded to YouTube just last fall. Pretty good quality for a super8 film I might add.  Sorry if it has already been posted, just thought I would share for those that are interested in the Park's history. 

It's really awesone seeing all the original rides.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1