New Coaster for Planet Snoopy?

SonofBaconator

Coaster  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to see something in between the Great Pumpkin coaster and the Woodstock Express - maybe a nice smooth ride with a couple decent drops. Back in the theater area would be great - the petting zoo is such a waste of that space and I've yet to see it used for anything good in several years (at least that I can remember). Why not tear all of that out and actually put a good little ride? I also feel so bad for those poor animals when it's really hot out. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

The living nativity and show during Winterfest was wonderful.

I can imagine it was...I never made it over that far! They used to do some cool things with that theater way back when. I remember the Nickelodeon slime show, that was pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

I voted Yes. Once upon a time, I had an idea for a S&S Free Fly (see this link: https://rcdb.com/4312.htm) to go to the left of Surf Dog's far end (on the side where Linus' Beetle Bugs is) and for it to use some of the backstage area for the layout. However, I'm not sure how/if that could work in the area without removing something (for example, if the little trains between Linus's Beetle Bugs and Pig Pen's Off-Road Rally were removed, there would be space enough to build something). 

• Like 1

Its still a kids coaster nonetheless. I want KI to have the most kiddie coasters per park and keep with the wooden tradition so we can add to our wooden collection. A mini airtime filled Gravity Group woodie would be fun for kids who are bored of Woodstock Express but aren't tall enough to get on the big woodies.

• Like 1

I didn't realize the theater took up too much space.  Seems like the park has a lot of theater space that goes under-utilized.  Perhaps its a reflection of changes in society from the 70s when the park was built to today, but the one used for the petting zoo and the Timberwolf aren't really used at all for shows (with the exception of spirit song)  I think the international stage is about perfect, the one inside of the Festhaus offers decent shows in AC, you've got the main theater up front with is excellant, then the one b/w Diamondback and the Tower which has always felt like a throw away stage to me, too large to serve its current purpose.  Its been too long since it was used for the Dolphin show that I can recall the crowds.  From an outside, it seems like the park would get better bang for its entertainment buck by utilizing the internal showcase stage more often, utilize the roaming band/performers a ton, add a 3rd indoor stage/dining facility that could compliment festhaus and keep up the shows and the main theater up front.  Bulldoze the one in kiddie land, timberwolf and the one b/w the tower and Diamondback to add in more flats/rides/restaurants.

Anyhoo, back to Planet Snoopy, I also think that snoopy Junction is a waste of space, as well as the Peanuts off road adventure.  Perhaps we don't hit the park at the right time, but those always seem to be sparsely ridden compared to the beatle bugs, the swing, red baron, etc....  Snoopy Junstion in particular takes a large plot of land.  They could combine that space and the space holding the theater into one kick tail kiddie coaster with a couple of additional kiddie themed flats.

• Like 1

Those rides are still popular with the little ones though and still serve a purpose whereas the theater is just there in case the park needs it. The issue with the vacant theaters all over the park is that once they're gone, they're gone. Getting rid of Timberwolf would eliminate any possibility of any potential concerts in the future. 

• Like 2

As I said, the times we go may not be the best data point (Wednesday evenings typically), but the the Peanuts off road adventure (or whatever its called) is always a station wait, and there is never anything close to resembling a full ride.  However, it takes up a small footprint, but the 1 person it takes to operate it is costing them more than the value added by the ride itself (IMHO).  Snoopy Junction is typically equally empty, plus its an awkward fit for adults and not something you really want your kids to ride by themselves at a younger age (though they can).  The biggest downside is that it takes up a rather large footprint.  I've always thought that would be a good spot for 'tiques.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, medford said:

I didn't realize the theater took up too much space.  Seems like the park has a lot of theater space that goes under-utilized.  Perhaps its a reflection of changes in society from the 70s when the park was built to today, but the one used for the petting zoo and the Timberwolf aren't really used at all for shows (with the exception of spirit song)  I think the international stage is about perfect, the one inside of the Festhaus offers decent shows in AC, you've got the main theater up front with is excellant, then the one b/w Diamondback and the Tower which has always felt like a throw away stage to me, too large to serve its current purpose.  Its been too long since it was used for the Dolphin show that I can recall the crowds.  From an outside, it seems like the park would get better bang for its entertainment buck by utilizing the internal showcase stage more often, utilize the roaming band/performers a ton, add a 3rd indoor stage/dining facility that could compliment festhaus and keep up the shows and the main theater up front.  Bulldoze the one in kiddie land, timberwolf and the one b/w the tower and Diamondback to add in more flats/rides/restaurants.

Anyhoo, back to Planet Snoopy, I also think that snoopy Junction is a waste of space, as well as the Peanuts off road adventure.  Perhaps we don't hit the park at the right time, but those always seem to be sparsely ridden compared to the beatle bugs, the swing, red baron, etc....  Snoopy Junstion in particular takes a large plot of land.  They could combine that space and the space holding the theater into one kick tail kiddie coaster with a couple of additional kiddie themed flats.

I am not a fan of the idea of getting rid of the Peanuts off road Rally.  It was one of my fav rides as a kid.  For younger riders, being able to "drive" is a really fun thing and is pretty cool with the layout going over the bridge and everything.  Plus, not only is it one of the few original rides from park opening still operating, it came over from Coney Island where it operated there for a few years before KI opened.  

• Like 1

Also, as for Snoopy Junction, it also fills a unique role that I think would be a shame for the park to lose.  It is also an older ride for nostalgia fans, but it is one of the few rides that small children and toddlers are able to go on.  I think it is good for families who bring small children to have one parent or whomever camp out in this area while someone else takes the older kids to ride on other rides throughout the park and still be able to have one more thing for the small child to ride on.  Just my opinions on both of these points though!

• Like 2

On 3/22/2018 at 11:28 AM, medford said:

As I said, the times we go may not be the best data point (Wednesday evenings typically), but the the Peanuts off road adventure (or whatever its called) is always a station wait, and there is never anything close to resembling a full ride.  However, it takes up a small footprint, but the 1 person it takes to operate it is costing them more than the value added by the ride itself (IMHO).  Snoopy Junction is typically equally empty, plus its an awkward fit for adults and not something you really want your kids to ride by themselves at a younger age (though they can).  The biggest downside is that it takes up a rather large footprint.  I've always thought that would be a good spot for 'tiques.

I actually think Antique cars would be a great addition to that area of the park. Think instead of a coaster they could put them in the space where the theater and petting zoo are and give a nice layout. Would be a great addition that people of all ages could enjoy as well.

Think we have a decent coaster line up but adding another eventuallly would be ok, but think more of a family style would be good like a wild mouse. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MonteCristo said:

I am not a fan of the idea of getting rid of the Peanuts off road Rally.  It was one of my fav rides as a kid.  For younger riders, being able to "drive" is a really fun thing and is pretty cool with the layout going over the bridge and everything.  Plus, not only is it one of the few original rides from park opening still operating, it came over from Coney Island where it operated there for a few years before KI opened.  

You are mixing up rides (or I'm mixing up names a bit)  Snoopy 500 is the car ride where you "drive" over the bridge.  I agree its always got a line and is popular with little kids from 1 to 8+, it fits in a great spot, is nice and shaded during the hot summer months.  Peanuts off road rally is the car ride tucked back in the corner by snoop junction that you just got around in a small circle.  I think there are roughly 8 "jeep" like vehicles that you can choose from.  My kids enjoy it, but it never has a line.  I do think it may be original to coney, but other than that, what they pay their employee to run the ride is not returned in ridership counts, at least compared to other attractions.

I do believe Sunshine turnpike used to be back in that area.  I agree that a wild mouse would be an awesome addition.  I liked the one at Valleyfair (which isn't very unique for a wild mouse).  Its relative small and compact, could easily fit in the area occupied by the theater and then some.  Perhaps a combo addition, 'tiques and a wild mouse :)

• Like 1