New Coaster for Planet Snoopy?

SonofBaconator

Coaster  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 months later...

I do not think that any changes to Planet Snoopy would hurt its chances of winning another golden ticket award.  (Personally, I am still a bit surprised it has won it so many times).  I still miss some of the classic kiddie rides like the airplanes/helicopters where you can go up in the air on them. I feel like KI`s kiddie ride collection, compared to some other parks, isn`t as impressive.  There are lots of areas where they could add a couple small kiddie flat rides.

• Like 2

Yea but Kings Island also has a lot in its kids area that others don’t. Woodstock Gliders and Surf Dog are usually in other areas at different parks, not many have a log flume, we’ve got 3 full circuit coasters, petting zoo, stage that has been used for shows over the years. And while not as wide as some other still a decent selection of other rides. Boo Blasters is technically listed as part of International Street but many consider it a part of PS given entrance location and the fact that building has usually been classified for PS. So that gives our kids area a dark ride too.

So while the line up of flats might not be as good can’t think of other parks with a kids area that include 3-4(delendin Surf Dog classification) coasters, log flume, dark ride, stage shows, petting zoo, character meet and greets, true family level rides for all ages, and a usual assortment of kids rides. So honestly I feel like they could do nothing with the area for awhile and still continue to win the award. Though there is always room to improve. Would love to see Boo Blasters get a full Peanuts theme and became a new dark ride. Then put in a new family/adult level dark ride elsewhere. (Maestro’s Revenge?)

• Like 2

I have thought that a roller coaster in the same class as a wacky worm or the teady bear at strickers grove would be a good addition to Planet Snoopy. There is a need to bridge the gap between great pumpkin and woodstock express, and a coaster of that size would be a great way for kids to work their way up to bigger coasters.

• Like 1

As long as it's not like Cedar Downs, we're good! That is the one ride at Cedar Point I'll never ride again (unless they possibly get rid of the creepy announcer audio) :unsure:

Re: The kiddie looping coaster... in all seriousness, I think a family coaster with a barrell roll (or a less imposing inversion) could be a unique stepping stone for kids. Even something like a smaller version of Scorpion (at Busch Gardens in Tampa) could work...

EDIT: Something like Darien Lake's Moose on the Loose could also work in Planet Snoopy, but I'm not sure where it would go as there is a back area between Petting Farm/Flying Ace and Flume.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 12:34 AM, kingsislandfan1972 said:

Yes eventually I kinda wish they kept Scoobys Ghoster Coaster and rethemed it to Snoopy it was a perfectly good coaster but who knows what the future holds for Kings Island.

If you ever rode it, you would never wish that pain on anyone ever again.  Also, the capacity was atrocious.

• Like 3

I don’t know about a ride but what about converting the theater into something like the kid arthur's court play area at CP.  Something shaded and not smelling of poo would be my choice for a kids area. Are these not a thing anymore for safety/liability or are kids just not interested?

• Like 2