So, who bought the 499$ passes.

cbranham26

Do you mean a single Fast Lane Plus? You can buy them the day you want them at the park. It is possible they have special pricing online that can only be purchased prior to the day used. 

Even if it was a little cheaper online, unless it was a day I could be fairly sure the park will be packed (holidays or summer Saturdays with predicted good weather) I would never consider buying Fast Lane unless I was at the park to observe the crowds first.

• Like 3

I didn't. I just can't justify the price for what you get in return. I am considering buying a Fast Lane plus pass this season, but I read online you must purchase at least a day in advance? has that always been the case?

I mean, I goto King’s island almost literally every single day during summer, and every weekend during the school season, so it would very worth it for me (though I never got one.) sort of like the food passes, we used those every day and they practically lost money to us thru it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If you look online in little font, it says something about " must be purchased the day before " where as before I thought you could buy them the day of. I might want to call them to clarify!

Park admission not included. Not valid during Early Entry. Not available for purchase online on the day of your visit. Must be purchased at least one day prior to your visit.

• Like 1

We added them in on the payment for our passes, along with fun pix and meal plan.  Seeing as we went 52 times last year (and all days of Haunt) and are planning to do the same this year, I figure we will still come out ahead on the weekends.

The same goes for the meal and drink plans.

• Like 2

My wife and I bought them and look forward to it, We spent about 1500 on 2 gold passes, the dining passes, drink plan pass and adding funpix to her pass. We live in IN about a 90 minute drive and plan to go Minimum 40 times, so besides gas it will cost us about 38$ total each time the 2 of us go, and we each get 2 free meals, unlimited drinks and Fast Lane.   Seems like a hell of a deal to us!

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Gannersdaddy said:

@LuvingKI  Welcome to KIC

Ty, I'm in mid 30's and been going since I was 5, tried Cedar Point 2 years ago, did 3 days there and had fast passes all 3 days and I don't get it.... I find KI way better all around than Cedar Point.... Cedar Point feels like a mile walk in between each good coaster... the  nostalgia My wife and I feel at KI we really enjoy, Cedar Point was just Blah

• Like 2

22 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I thought about it.  With the wife not beingable to ride this summer skipping the lines would have been nice.  I am still on the fence about it.

I've road a lot of coasters and the only one that still scares me is flightoffear.. and Firehawk a little, but not near as much as flightoffear

• Like 3

23 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@LuvingKI Welcome to KIC!

Must be nice to spend that kind of cash. Haha

I would have gotten them. But considering I work 5 miles from the park and live 40 miles, if the lines are crazy, no harm in driving back home. :D

Good point, we actually bought ours back in Oct when they first announced them on the website while we had some extra cash... 

• Like 3

The only other Ceder fair park I've been too is Cedar Point, but I was looking at all the Cedar Fair parks to maybe in the next few years hit most of them and I was looking at season pass fast lanes and most of them are 100 to 200$... Is Kings Island's just overly priced or is Kings Island just that good?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

The only other Ceder fair park I've been too is Cedar Point, but I was looking at all the Cedar Fair parks to maybe in the next few years hit most of them and I was looking at season pass fast lanes and most of them are 100 to 200$... Is Kings Island's just overly priced or is Kings Island just that good?

You are comparing the smaller parks to one of the largest in the chain.  Canada's Wonderland is $499 Canadian dollars, and Knott's is $499 just like KI.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kenban said:

You are comparing the smaller parks to one of the largest in the chain.  Canada's Wonderland is $499 Canadian dollars, and Knott's is $499 just like KI.

Gotcha, that's why I asked, I don't know much about the others... though kings dominion looks great.. maybe because it reminds me of KI  and carowinds seems like it would be awesome, it's fast passes are sold out

• 2 weeks later...

I’m seriously debating this.  I’m in Louisville and trying to decide if I want to renew my regular ol gold pass, upgrade to platinum since I really want to go to Cedar Point but considering the distance, likely only once, or get the FLP season pass.  Anyone have any input?

3 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

I’m seriously debating this.  I’m in Louisville and trying to decide if I want to renew my regular ol gold pass, upgrade to platinum since I really want to go to Cedar Point but considering the distance, likely only once, or get the FLP season pass.  Anyone have any input?

We got the season FLP. And though haven't really used yet. (Will this coming weekend) if you can swing the 500, I say why not

Well Kings Island is much closer than CP.  when I had my pass I went probably at least 10 times. The last two years I haven’t renewed and only gone once.  But I would definitely be able to make it the 4 times it takes to make the FLP pass worth it if I were to go that route.

54 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

Well Kings Island is much closer than CP.  when I had my pass I went probably at least 10 times. The last two years I haven’t renewed and only gone once.  But I would definitely be able to make it the 4 times it takes to make the FLP pass worth it if I were to go that route.

the season FLP is 500, so if your going 4 times, that wouldn't be worth it.. I believe Fast Lane is 85 a day on Saturdays and a little cheaper on week days

Yes, but the regular pass is 110 equating to 2 visits ($50 gate fee + $20 parking).  4 visits without a pass including FLP  would be ($50+$20+$85= $155) for a single day visit.  $155x4= $620, that means 4 visits including FLP is worth it

and even if you got the Kroger discount tickets for $30 or whatever they are it’s still 30+20+85 = 135x4 =$540

if you wanted to look at it as buying regular Gold then going for a FLP it would only be $450 for 4 visits so it would effectively take 5 visits to make every other option more expensive than the $500 pass.

3 hours ago, FoF96" said:

Yes, but the regular pass is 110 equating to 2 visits ($50 gate fee + $20 parking).  4 visits without a pass including FLP  would be ($50+$20+$85= $155) for a single day visit.  $155x4= $620, that means 4 visits including FLP is worth it

and even if you got the Kroger discount tickets for $30 or whatever they are it’s still 30+20+85 = 135x4 =$540

if you wanted to look at it as buying regular Gold then going for a FLP it would only be $450 for 4 visits so it would effectively take 5 visits to make every other option more expensive than the $500 pass.

I am trying to understand this post.  I think that you believe the Fast Lane pass is another tier of annual pass?  The problem is that this is an add-on to an annual pass, you still have to buy an annual pass.  The minimum break even looks like six busy holidays or Saturdays.  In my view if you are doing any math at all trying to figure out if this is worth it then it most likely is not the right item for you.

If you only visit the park a few times do you really need a Fast Lane every visit?

• Like 3

Lol... it’s just an amusement park, not nirvana. I don’t think anyone in the region really considers it a lifetime quest, like going to Dizzyworld. It’s only a day out for fun. For me, if the lines are long it’s a no go. With a gold pass, I have all summer to ride the rides I want to ride. This year I’m planning on enjoying Haunt and Winterfest and summer is only an extra benefit.

• Like 3