So, who bought the 499$ passes.

cbranham26

You're right, locals wouldn't buy it...  when I saw this was available last year for this year, to me 500 seemed cheap for unlimited fast passes and I assumed they would sell out so I grabbed them quick, but yeah as a local why need to spend the money..to me though it seems cheap. 40 visits Fast Lane is 12.50$ a visit. Cost of Wendy's for 2

• Like 3

While 40 visits is probably a bit more than I could handle, if I were more local 20-25 wouldn’t be out of the question.  FL+ is also good for a few slides at SC and my kids want to spend at least a few hours there every visit.  The wait for Zoom Flume is unbearable except for the most dead days.  They let so many people up the tower I am not sure of its value for the other slides however.  

Many don’t have a flexible work schedule and so weekends/holidays are the only time they can go.  Just like a season pass enables more frequent shorter visits so does this.  Local and have a few spare hours on Saturday afternoon?  Pop on over and you can get a lot done.  

It just sucks for the rest of us when they do not throttle the FL line AT ALL, which I see all to frequently.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

While 40 visits is probably a bit more than I could handle, if I were more local 20-25 wouldn’t be out of the question.  FL+ is also good for a few slides at SC and my kids want to spend at least a few hours there every visit.  The wait for Zoom Flume is unbearable except for the most dead days.  They let so many people up the tower I am not sure of its value for the other slides however.  

Many don’t have a flexible work schedule and so weekends/holidays are the only time they can go.  Just like a season pass enables more frequent shorter visits so does this.  Local and have a few spare hours on Saturday afternoon?  Pop on over and you can get a lot done.  

It just sucks for the rest of us when they do not throttle the FL line AT ALL, which I see all to frequently.  

Best advice I got for them is don't be sick and use sick days ;)

13 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

If I go to the park with all walk ons I am done in a couple hrs.  Diamondback feels slow by the 3rd or 4th ride and boring.

So you'd rather stand in lines? So you don't burn yourself out to quick?  I see some people like that... more then a 20 minute line for a ride I've done road a 100 times before seems to long for us.. maybe we're just impatient..  

The times I didn't have fastlane I would rush ride to ride trying to get all I can in, with fastlane we can relax more enjoying the days and ride when we feel like it..

2 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I don't go a lot.  I rather take trips to cp.  Mostly go with wife and 8year old and hang in Planet Snoopy.  She does not want to do the bigger coasters yet.

Gotcha,  Cedar Point is close to 6 hours for us, and 80 minutes for KI.  So for us to go to Cedar Point it darn near requires a vacation... which we usually take once a year, but getting the Fast Lane season pass, we are considering that our family vacation, because I cant afford both

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

^ I am guessing they sold around a thousand.  Carowinds announced the initial number was 500 last year and they sold a second batch of several hundred (not sure they said exactly how many).  Increase that a little and you end up around 1,000.

• Like 1

Wow that sucks... my two teenagers was going to buy them this coming weekend.... 

That's the only downside to having them, is people that don't have them wanting to go with you... I refuse to stand in lines when having them.. owell 

• Like 1

^ I am guessing they sold around a thousand.  Carowinds announced the initial number was 500 last year and they sold a second batch of several hundred (not sure they said exactly how many).  Increase that a little and you end up around 1,000.

If Carowinds sold two batches of season FL would it be possible that KI has finished the first batch and will start selling the second batch soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bansheeback said:

If Carowinds sold two batches of season FL would it be possible that KI has finished the first batch and will start selling the second batch soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything is possible, and any answer I give is just speculation, my guess is we have seen all we will see for 2018.  I am looking at what the other parks did last year and what they have done so far this year.  Since Coasterstock is this weekend, there is a chance we will find out something.

When I say last year I was specifically talking about the 2017 season.  I think this was because to some extent it was still a trial at that point, no one was sure how many could be sold without a major impact on the park.  Only three parks have sold out the 2018 passes, Carowinds, CGA, and now Kings Island.  Neither CGA or Carowinds sold a second batch of 2018 passes.  Carowinds sold out extremely quickly, no idea when CGA ran out.  But it is still early in the season, and the water park is not even open yet.

• 1 month later...

A lot of people were worried about this all-season thing being too cheap, and creating crazy-long ride queue times. From what I can tell that's not the case at all. The park just pocketed some serious cash, and those who have the pass don't have to wait during their visits. No harm no foul?  I love FL+, and have purchased it several times in the past...but cannot justify $500/year living 3-hours away and getting maybe 7-15 visits per season, often quiet Sundays. For those who bought it, and make use of it...what a deal!  Good for them. I think it's a win-win for everyone honestly.

• Like 4

If you add it to a Platinum Pass, does it work at all Cedar Fair parks? If so, it sounds more worth it. And yes, I'm too lazy to read the terms. Haha

Only good at Kings Island. You could always buy the all season pass at the other parks that offer it!?!?! They could probably get $1499 for an all parks pass.
  • Like 1