Innovations for the future

SonofBaconator

Mack was big on developing spinning coasters and water coasters (water coasters as in ones with actual cars, not the kind Pro-Slide builds).  The trains they use for their hyper coasters are also more accommodating to larger guests than Intamin's.   Their hypers also don't use cable lifts, which, the ones installed on Intamin's have had a history of snapping.  

They've recently created a launched water coaster which goes back and forth along a shuttle course and on the last time through, the splash track lowers to create the splash that lowers the speed as it goes back into the station.  Their first such ride was built at Walibi Belgium by the name, Pulsar

https://mack-rides.com/products/water-rides/powersplash/

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Mack was big on developing spinning coasters and water coasters (water coasters as in ones with actual cars, not the kind Pro-Slide builds).  The trains they use for their hyper coasters are also more accommodating to larger guests than Intamin's.   Their hypers also don't use cable lifts, which, the ones installed on Intamin's have had a history of snapping.  

They've recently created a launched water coaster which goes back and forth along a shuttle course and on the last time through, the splash track lowers to create the splash that lowers the speed as it goes back into the station.  Their first such ride was built at Walibi Belgium by the name, Pulsar

https://mack-rides.com/products/water-rides/powersplash/

Lots of intamin hypers uses a chain lift.  Aqua trax?

Intamin developed lsm's, hydraulic launch, worlds first giga, multi launch terrain, pre fab woodies, the list goes on and on.

• Like 2

^Intamin, as of late with their overseas builds, have almost exclusively been using cable lifts, including on their smaller coasters like their 10 inversion coaster and megalites. 

Also, Intamin has only built 1 Aqua Trax, as in it never caught on.  Mack has built quite a few water coasters.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 6:07 AM, Tera Ryzing said:

What has Mack innovated?  They're copying Intamin.

The intamin pre fab woodies was doing everything the RMC's are doing now sans inversions being a real woodie. 

I still rank el toro above any rmc.

LOL k 

All of these are brand new designs that have popped up over the last few years, not to mention they have an entire theme park (Europa Park) that is constantly voted the best theme park in the world, full of their own rides (only two rides in the entire park have not been built by them, Woodan, and Silver Star) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, rhyano said:

They have an entire theme park (Europa Park) that is constantly voted the best theme park in the world, full of their own rides (only two rides in the entire park have not been built by them, Woodan, and Silver Star) 

I had no idea Europa park was run by Mack until now. Its so odd that a single manufacturer can give so much variety to one park.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I think that would be pretty cool! However, at one point in time, I thought it would be cool if Backlot had spinning cars. The only problem is that helix would be way too intense! Perhaps the spinning could start when you reach the top of the helix?

EDIT: If KI did get a spinning coaster, I think it should go in Area 72, to balance out the thrills of Orion and FoF. As for the next big coaster, I would love a multi-looper in Vortex's spot (my top choices would be an Intamin 10 inversion coaster or a (standard, non-Dive) floorless coaster). However, I could see a Dive coaster going in that spot eventually.

• Like 2