Kings Island Announces 2018 Changes

4 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

But you have to wait at least 12 hours before getting your order at BK :)

You know how to fix that?  Refuse to pull forward and just roll up your window until they show up with bags.   I don’t actually find it necessary to do that anymore but years ago there was a McDonalds I went to before work on Sunday mornings that would leave me stranded out there consistently.   It fixed the problem.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

You know how to fix that?  Refuse to pull forward and just roll up your window until they show up with bags.   I don’t actually find it necessary to do that anymore but years ago there was a McDonalds I went to before work on Sunday mornings that would leave me stranded out there consistently.   It fixed the problem.  

I honestly can't tell you the last time I went to a Burger King. 

But back on topic, I honestly can't tell you the last time I had an issue at Kings Island with food service. There has been minor inconveniences sure (waits trying to get checked out or people jumping in front of me to get a drink at Chicken Shack)...but not to the point where I would refuse to get a meal plan and/or to visit the food locations. Out of my visits to Cedar Fair parks in the lasts year and other parks, Cedar Fair has been on the top of my food experiences. I'd say the most issues I've had with food service at a Cedar Fair park would have to be at Cedar Point, mostly waiting for my food to arrive (90% of the time at Frontier Inn (rip) and 10% of the time at Coasters).

• Like 3

Interesting because I have much less trouble at CP than KI in general.   The quality is equally poor at both with a few exceptions.   Though the ordering kiosks at Frontier and Coasters cannot seem to deal with the meal plan and drink plan in the same order.  

Besides slow service try this one:   Chicken Shack in Action Zone, order a chicken salad.   Two full sized chicken strips just laid on top of a bed of lettuce.  “Can I have a knife please?” “No, we don’t have those.”  Also all the condiment dispensers were empty on both sides and no napkins available.  

But always the optimist, I did purchase three meal plans again this year.   :P

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I dont think I ever had a problem with lines or getting my food it was just when I did get my food it was cold or not what I ordered.  Sometimes meals came with one thing and sometimes it didn't come with anything.

I think you're going to start seeing a change in terms of quality. They got rid of the potato works and are putting in a better establishment. The smokehouse food quality was way better than any other place in the park. 

• Like 3

No no. Meaning to say - Hope the employee didn't enter the order in wrong. We all know teenage employees and getting distracted. I'd much rather enter in my own order on a tablet. There for I know they got it wrong in the kitchen and can take my order back to get it fixed. Not that I would do that either. haha

• Like 3

Where/How does an "Executive Chef" earn their pay at a place like Kings Island? Skyline? Subway? Chicken Shack? Potato Works? LaRosa's? Panda? Hanks? Festhaus? Snoopy Grill? Chick Fil A? Cinnabon? Fair to say I don't get it...please enlighten me, someone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

It may be.   But why is this great news?  

Chef Nate has brought some innovative ideas to KIFS.  In my limited interaction with him, he seems like a really nice guy.  Maybe it's just great news for me and other Chef Nate fans?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jtro223 said:

Chef Nate has brought some innovative ideas to KIFS.  In my limited interaction with him, he seems like a really nice guy.  Maybe it's just great news for me and other Chef Nate fans?

I'm listening, go on...innovative ideas...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

Where/How does an "Executive Chef" earn their pay at a place like Kings Island? Skyline? Subway? Chicken Shack? Potato Works? LaRosa's? Panda? Hanks? Festhaus? Snoopy Grill? Chick Fil A? Cinnabon? Fair to say I don't get it...please enlighten me, someone. 

I'd conjecture it would be ideas like RHOFG, Blue Hot Chocolate, the numerous funnel cakes, the new menu items at Hanks, the cinnamon bread, the various food festivals, the Island Smokehouse, the IS buffet etc.  The KI staples and chains are probably not part of his scope of practice.  I'd also say the CF parks are looking to book more corporate and niche events and catered food might be a big part of that.

• Like 2