Kings Island Announces 2018 Changes

21 minutes ago, CedarPointer said:

It's been listed before too, it's because they list it as a location for group events.

Looking at the 2017 map, it was listed as International Restaurant (Banquet Facilities Only)

For the 2018 map, it is listed as International Restaurant.

I can't say if I think it's a clue or not that it'll be open, but I can say I hope that it would be.

• Like 7

Officially listed on the dining plan. No specifics on meals.

Where can I eat with a Dining Plan?

Look for the Dining Plan symbol at participating locations throughout the park.

Dining Plans are currently accepted at the following locations* in the park:

Chicken Shack
Chick-Fil-A
Coconut Cove Cafe
Coney Bar B Que
Festhaus
Island Smokehouse
Juke Box Diner
LaRosa's Pizza
Hank’s Mexican Grill
Panda Express
Planet Snoopy Grill
Potato Works
Reds Hall of Fame Grill
Soak City Skyline Express
Skyline Chili
Subway
Tom + Chee

• Like 1

For the International Restaurant to return. Would rock, they could add an Elevator, new A/C .

My new thought, maybe featuring Around Cedar Fair Cafe specials, . Best dishes of the Park. The Cafe open year round??

My thoughts only. 

Food, Fantasy [theming, characters], and Fun,  are ingredients to a great day. 

Knotts is great example, Cedar Point is to some degree, 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, westcoaster said:

For the International Restaurant to return. Would rock, they could add an Elevator, new A/C .

My new thought, maybe featuring Around Cedar Fair Cafe specials, . Best dishes of the Park. The Cafe open year round??

My thoughts only. 

Food, Fantasy [theming, characters], and Fun,  are ingredients to a great day. 

Knotts is great example, Cedar Point is to some degree, 

They've already got an Elevator. New 2 years ago I believe. The last time I was up there when A/C was warranted, it didn't feel too bad.

• Like 2

Kings Island should experiment at both smokehouses (wet and dry sides) with new app ordering and paying just like the MyDisneyExperience app does - simply view the menu, place your order, and pay with a credit card (all on the app), and when you arrive to eat at the location, simply tap the app button that you have arrived, and your food comes out at a special pick up window dedicated to only to app order pickups- no waiting in line, no clueless check out employees, and very quick and efficient (not to mention all the labor cost savings to the park).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

App development at CF does not have the best track record, not to mention the backend systems can’t seem to get meal/drink plan data stable.  It may be a bit soon to deploy something like that with live guests.  

Even Disney's doesn't.  You can't use their dining plans with the app ordering and you can't use any sort of discount either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, silver2005 said:

So with all these added BBQ places in the park, is there still a place for Montgomery Inn or could it be possibly be phasing out?  

I think so. Reds is (well, was) the only true restaraunt at KI and I think the pulled pork and ribs'll be here to stay. Maybe IR will become an actual restaurant (like Red's was), but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

anyone know if the new BBQ offers gluten free foods?  the old coney potatoe works place had the gluten free chicken fingers and fries, which became my child's staple.  If not, probably means we'll eat inside the park even less than we did last year.  He also can't eat Red Dye 40 (other dye's don't affect him) which makes him crazy.  Its amazing how many not so obvious food items Red Dye 40 is in (or dye's in general) for the prior conversation.  There are efforts to get rid of them and produce more natural dyes, but from what I'm understanding some of them are really tough to get right, I think blue is proving tough to get right, works for some foods, but not for all.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

On the smoking areas why even bother.  The park employees don't enforce this rule or at least I haven't see them.

It's basically impossible to enforce.  Most people ignore your warnings and by the time security can get to them, they aren't smoking anymore.

25 minutes ago, medford said:

anyone know if the new BBQ offers gluten free foods?  the old coney potatoe works place had the gluten free chicken fingers and fries, which became my child's staple.  If not, probably means we'll eat inside the park even less than we did last year.  He also can't eat Red Dye 40 (other dye's don't affect him) which makes him crazy.  Its amazing how many not so obvious food items Red Dye 40 is in (or dye's in general) for the prior conversation.  There are efforts to get rid of them and produce more natural dyes, but from what I'm understanding some of them are really tough to get right, I think blue is proving tough to get right, works for some foods, but not for all.

I would imagine you could ask one of the Chefs on Twitter.

• Like 2

Coney Potato Works was a gluten free location, not just serving gluten free foods.  Hope they have something similar as well this year.  

I have also found it amazing that products change from having food dyes to not having them so frequently.   You have to read the labels each and every time you buy a product and just can’t assume.   

Rememer as George Carlin would say , “There is no blue food”

• Like 1

On 4/2/2018 at 5:45 PM, King Ding Dong said:

As you all know I am all about smoking and BBQ but I just saw this on Twitter and it looks fantastic. Probably doesn’t fall into most people’s “healthy” category but man it sounds really good.   Why can’t we get stuff like this at KI?

Actually I noticed Rivertown potato works had poutine fries for winterfest.  didn't get a chance to try them though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robintodd said:

Actually I noticed Rivertown potato works had poutine fries for winterfest.  didn't get a chance to try them though.

They were okay....having eaten my fair share of poutine in Canada, the fries used at Rivertown Potato Works were not the best to use for it (being the bigger fries, just a few got gravy on them and the ones below didn't have gravy or cheese). Plus they just used the shredded cheese, they needed to use cheese curds. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

PR speak:   “Fresh selection of side dishes” is not “A selection of fresh side dishes”.   

:P

Nice catch - and you are so correct!

This is going to look so cool lit up at night out in Coney! Can't wait! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Was the shredded cheese melted?  

Couldnt make it to Winterfest this year.   Ryan got really behind at school and we were playing catch-up all December.  

It was, but it was just the shredded mozzarella cheese (now that I think about it)...it just tasted off. I believe the traditional is white cheddar curds.

• Like 2