2018 Entertainment

ki95

Past several years a Festhaus revue show did open with the park. 90s, Hollywood, Let It Rock, Boyz etc. 

Contracted-out talent doesn't always guarantee quality, I might add... uhm, IMO :) 

It does virtually guarantee availability and large companies of talent, though.

• Like 2

I completely agree with @chugh43 on the entertainment.  

More so given the fact that Cincinnati is a HUGE fine arts hub.  Its one of the meccas of high quality live entertainment, especially when it comes to anything musical.  UC's College Conservatory of Music is one of the premier music schools in the country.  NKU and Miami U also have fantastic fine arts programs.  There's a lot of talent to gleam from this area.  You have 2 fantastic music groups in the Pops and CSO, and there are great venues for musicals and plays as well.  I could go on, but for Kings Island not to use that talent is kind of a tragedy.  

• Like 2

As Chris pointed out earlier Knott’s only has 6 shows and is also in an area with an abundance of musical/acting/dancing talent.  

Spitballing here, but is it possible CF has determined that there are so many other oportunities for shows that not enough of their customers are looking for that kind of entertainment from the parks to justify the cost?  However with Winterfest  due to climate curtailing ride operations there was little choice but to offer more shows.  

• Like 4

^ One other thing to note is that Kings Island doesn't have the likes of Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood to contend with.  

I have an idea about entertainment that would utilize Timberwolf more as well- invite some of the plethora of community bands in the area to play at the park.  

• Like 2

One thing of note is that the extended season last year put a lot of the Entertainment staff into a much longer season than in past years, this cut down the amount of off-season time that was available.....quite possibly could have something to do with the later start and no extra shows announced at this time.  Many of the seasonal staff will not be able to start back to work as early in the season as they have in the past due to the required amount of unemployment time off between the season to keep them at a seasonal status. 

• Like 1

I can assume KI will announce the Cirque Show when it makes business sense...however, I highly doubt that they're going to announce any additional shows. 

You'd be surprised but there are folks who literally go to KI for the shows (sometimes it's a big crowd I see visiting shows after shows). There are some who don't ride any rides either. 

It's extremely disheartening that the park isn't pulling more local talent than they currently do. There are some extremely talented folks in the Cincinnati Region as @silver2005 said. 

I'll get off my soapbox now...but I can definitely say with 100% certainty...I'm extremely disappointed.

• Like 3

Good catch

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/shows/live-bands

This spring, come and enjoy local bands while enjoying a meal in the Festhaus or just relaxing after experiencing some of your favorite rides and attractions. The band lineup includes the River City Band, Real Live Humans, Slick Willie & The Kentucky Jellies and 3-Piece Rival.

• Like 2

Okay, I'll be honest, I don't particularly enjoy country, but I'm curious to see how Forever Country is going to play out. Happy to see Off The Charts/River City back, per usual, but as an employee in entertainment, I'm not even really that sure what's going to be in the KI Theater. Then again, I'm just an usher for Jump...oh well. :P I'm looking forward to working this summer and seeing the park from a new perspective. Hope to see some familiar faces at the Showplace this coming season!

1. The quality of entertainment over the past seasons has drawn me back to Kings Island.  Along with the fact that Cedar Fair is keeping new installations in line with the theming of the areas.  The park has gained some of its magic back over the last several seasons.

2.  Winterfest proves that live entertainment attracts crowds.  Even with few rides open.

3.  Very happy Off the Charts/Playlist Live is coming back again!  It's always been top notch.  Hoping some of the great talent from last year returns.  The 4 vocalists that were in this show in the past and in Sounds of the Nativity last year are amazing singers.

4.  The lineup last year and this year are slightly disappointing.  They have went from 2 (highly) choreographed shows in Festhaus to 1.   All of the Festhaus shows have been excellent over the last several seasons with the exception of the last country show.  The talent was great in that show, but the format of the show itself was not. Hopefully this country show will be better AND choreographed!

5.  The dog show in the Showplace is a waste of an excellent venue.  The talent in Off the Charts/Playlist Live deserve a better venue where people can sit and watch them.

6. Remember the season when they had Playlist Live on the I-Street Stage, 2 choreographed shows in Festhaus (Boy Band and Rock show), 80's show in the Showplace and Cirque Imagine?  I wish they would maintain that level of entertainment.

7.  I hope the new cirque show lives up to Cirque Imagine.  That show was quite inspirational with its powerful music and movements choreographed to the music.. Origins missed that mark with a lot of drum beat music, and just didn't cause the same feeling of emotions.

• Like 4

I actually like that Off The Charts is at the Bandstand (it reminds me of hearing music as a kid at the Blue Ash Towne Square), but I understand why some would prefer a more seated area. And as I said before, I would love to see some familiar faces at Cirque this year, but I'm sure I'll come to enjoy the new cast.

• Like 1

I have heard a rumor that the new cirque show will more closely resemble Imagine than Origins, which I know will make a lot of people happy. I loved both of them personally, and there were some things I liked better about each of them. I'm looking forward to seeing it no matter what. 

When I asked the production company for any details, they said nine would be released until opening night.

They did say that the format would be similar to past productions, specifically:

"The show will be the same format as the previous ones (30 minutes, 3 times per day, 6 days per week, 10 artists)."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I miss the roaming entertainment. They tried to bring it back with the KI Five, which I loved but was no more last year.
And welcome to KIC, [mention=11250]super7[/mention]!!  I didn't notice you were new when you posted the other day. 

Ahhhh, brings back childhood memories of the Clown Band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1