Unbalanced Forums

As I so often do, I logged in the other day and found that the podcasts now have their own forum. Interesting to see that. It certainly indicates that it's around to stay. But I have a problem with adding another forum for them.

Problem, you say? Yes: for many years, I would log in, and the balance of six forums in the top section and six in the bottom section was just "right"; it was pleasing to my eye. The addition of the Coaster Crew (now Coaster Clubs) forum threw off this balance a bit, but it was still close enough, since there was no way to perfectly balance 13 forums into two categories. But now the imbalance is driving me and my OCD crazy.

Really, I think we need to find a way to balance it back up. Get back to having the same number in each section. Who would benefit from such a change? Everyone, I say.

I do think that such a move would be the best thing for the future of KIC. We don't want to drive away new users because our forum imbalance triggers their OCDs. In this day and age, we need to be sensitive to everyone's needs.

Lately, I think KIC has been rocking. We're becoming an excellent, friendly place to hang out and make new friends. Let's fix this so those of us triggered by it can get back to doing those things.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, as Isaac Newton allegedly said. (I learned in physics class on Wednesday that the actual third law of motion is slightly more complex than that.) Well, the addition of the podcast forum was the action, and now this is the reaction.

Oh, yes, I could have lived with it. Silently suffered every time I open KIC. Let myself be slowly driven insane by the imbalance. But where's the fun in that? Just fix it, please. It's for the good of all.

Originally, I was just going to voice this annoyance to someone privately, maybe by private message, or in person at the park on preview night or opening day. But then I realized that there are almost certainly others sharing the same frustration, and so I decided to start this thread to gather such opinions, at the risk of some drama.

Look, it doesn't take much. Just move something, and we'll all be happy.

So with that, the matter is open for y'all to discuss. And as for me, having carefully chosen the first word in each paragraph, I'll wish you a Happy Easter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Would adding anĀ OCD support forum bring balance back to the Force for you?

Only if it was under the Kings Island Discussion section and not the Kings Island Central Community section. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1