Carowinds 4/1/2018

Rustbucket

Our coaster season started 2 weeks ago at Dollywood. We went to Carowinds opening weekend last week as well but it was rather chilly and both Fury and Intimidator were not open due to weather.  On 4/1/2018, it was absolutely perfect weather at 75F. 

Fury is one of those coasters that provides everything that I look for in a coaster: intensity, lateral, air time, speed, length and great layout.  I am still not sure whether Fury or Superman (SFNE) is my absolute favorite coaster. 

Carowinds do not have early ride in March or April so the park opened at 10 AM. As usual, we rode in the very back. My favorite seat is the back left.  We even got to reride a few times when no one was waiting. Overall, we got to ride 12 times in 90 minutes.  

Afterward, we headed over to Intimidator for 2 rides. This coaster is starting to rattle like Diamondback but not as bad. My favorite seat has always been the back right. 

It looks like Flying Eagle (it will always be Flying Eagle to me) was removed. I believe they are relocating to another park of the park.

We went to Afterburn for a few rides and left around 12:30 PM. Not bad to get 16 rides in in 2 and a half hours.  We live about 70 minutes away from Carowinds now so that this is our home park.  I will miss Kings Island though. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

Good stuff. Did you/have you ridden Nighthawk? I'd love to ride that someday!

I rode this a few times in the past.  I really enjoyed this as Borg: the Assimilator back in Paramount days.  Nighthawk is Firehawk minus the helix at the end.  One major problem with Nighthawk is that this coaster is usually one train operation now.  The lift hill is very quiet, however.

• Like 2