What will be Cedar Point's next coaster?

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Never said it would lower attendance.  Again, when cp adds an attraction guest spend more money there.  Lodging, food(to much effort to go offsite, etc.  KI adds an attraction guest don't spend much besides admission.

How are you making that correlation with CP and not with KI?  What are you basing that off of?  There's nothing that makes the parks that much different that garners guests spending more money at one and not on the other when they get new major attractions.  That's a pretty ludicrous comparison.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

How are you making that correlation with CP and not with KI?  What are you basing that off of?  There's nothing that makes the parks that much different that garners guests spending more money at one and not on the other when they get new major attractions.  That's a pretty ludicrous comparison.  

Ignore him/her. They are trying to get a rise out of you.

• Like 1

Lets get back on track! I could honestly see CP getting a Flyer, however they really need a good dark ride at the park. A dark ride is the one feature that almost every other CF park has but them and knowing how much they like to add coasters, I could see a triotech style ride like Wonder Mountain's Guardian or even a Verbolten style coaster like @rhyano suggested.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2018 at 11:08 PM, King Ding Dong said:

That may be but my question is why do you think that?  I have not heard any CF executive talk about 150th at all, but I have heard many enthusiasts talk about it.  Same with 20 by 2020, never heard CF say anything about that as a goal.   But I could have missed it.   

Will building a huge epic coaster in 2 years increase revenue?   Maybe some, but building a new hotel on the Sandcastle land certainly will.  I am sceptical that building a 20+ million coaster every 2 years is sustainable or supported historically.  They can’t survive on coasters alone.   

The executives of the park have publicly discussed the 150th during the Q&A session at CoasterMania.  What is known is that the celebration will last two years and there will be an anniversary addition.  I do not specifically remember them saying it would be a coaster but it seemed to be implied.  Not much was stated in the way of plans just that they know it is coming and they have big plans for it.  At the time I was pretty confident that the coaster would be a part of the second year which would be 2021, but I still feel that would be a little strange for construction to occur during the first year of the anniversary.  But whatever is coming had definitely already been decided and was known by several people on the stage.

I have heard some rumors, not sure how much faith I put in some of them, but I do remember Matt Ouimet has stated he wanted a GCI on the beach at Cedar Point.  He wanted that classic boardwalk look and feel.  Anniversaries are very much about nostalgia and the work going on with the new boardwalk being built and the stadium which was torn down makes it look like Ouimet's vision could be the anniversary coaster.  But there are several open plots of land at the park so there is no need for any coaster to go here, but I am reminded of the prep work for Valravn.

• Like 3

Third, we’re doing a little expanding along the beach. The Cedar Point Boardwalk, which currently runs from Sandcastle Suites, down the beach, in front of Hotel Breakers and stops right near WindSeeker, will be expanded so that it reaches to, and connects with, the main parking lot.

This will provide some great direct access to the famous Cedar Point Beach, our waterfront activities like parasail and jet ski, and of course, Cedar Point Shores Waterpark. You'll finally be able to take a stroll and enjoy the one-of-a-kind waterfront views.

Obviously, you now have questions. There aren’t many details to share right now, but these things are changing for the good of the order - future development at the park. More info will surface as we approach our 2018 summer season!  

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/a-few-changes-to-discuss

The park sits along a beach so a classic wooden boardwalk coaster would be a perfect addition so the park.

• Like 1