Weather next weekend

BoddaH1994

Looking much better than 2 days ago.  As long as it holds, this will be our first opening day.  I think we are going to get a hotel for Friday night and be there Friday and Saturday!  Also, our 8 year old hit 54 inches over the winter, so he will get his first rides on the big 4 next week!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cmhornblessed said:

I am thinking that the parking lot gates will open at 4 and they will let people in starting at 4:30 before dropping the ropes at 5. Does this sound right or will they wait until 5 to let people in?

I'd guess they won't let people in until 5. The purpose of letting people in 30 minutes early is to allow access to Gold Pass ERT, but on Friday, the whole night is Gold Pass ERT. So I don't see why they would open the gates a half hour early that night. But parking lot gates at 4 is a reasonable guess.

• Like 1

I'd guess they won't let people in until 5. The purpose of letting people in 30 minutes early is to allow access to Gold Pass ERT, but on Friday, the whole night is Gold Pass ERT. So I don't see why they would open the gates a half hour early that night. But parking lot gates at 4 is a reasonable guess.
I was thinking it would be like haunt when nothing is open and there is no ert but they people in early.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Usually they are able to be fairly accurate with the temperature this far in advance, for things like if it's going to be rainy or sunny though that's usually within 48 hours. I'd say in the 70's should be pretty good day unless it rains of course.

• Like 1

There really isn't a typical. 

Last year was the first year they opened it up to all pass holders...in which the weather was great, we had a new ride and it was really well attended...a bit too well attended. 
The years prior, it had lower crowds due to restrictions on renewing pass holders only. 

This year...weather seems to be good, but not a new ride....it may or may not be busy.

• Like 4

Looking at the forecast, it's looking like rain and storms Saturday. I won't be able to make it Friday night for preview, which looks much better. But looks like the worst of the rain will be overnight Saturday into Sunday. I just hope it isn't a washout. I'm coming from 4 hours away and it's too late to reschedule now. I was looking at Weather Channel and they are notorious for making it sound way worse than it actually is.

• Like 1

I'm guessing it will be packed Friday. Sure there isn't a new coaster, but the weather Friday night looks great and Saturday looks bad... Plus, the change last year allowing ALL pass holders (vs only those that renewed by the previous fall) meant a ton more people are included now... And it showed last year. I wish they would go back to fall renewals only... But I see no business reason to do that (as it could discourage people from buying if they miss the deadline... And I doubt anyone decided to not buy a gold pass once the benefit of a quiet preview night was eliminated).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1