Weather next weekend

BoddaH1994

On 4/6/2018 at 12:52 PM, chad_1138 said:

Looking much better than 2 days ago.  As long as it holds, this will be our first opening day.  I think we are going to get a hotel for Friday night and be there Friday and Saturday!  Also, our 8 year old hit 54 inches over the winter, so he will get his first rides on the big 4 next week!!!

We are staying over Fri night. Technically we didnt have to but dreaded driving 2 hrs home during haunt and winterfest. 

If the weather holds the way it is for Friday, it's gonna be a busy preview night. 

It was. Lines for kids rides were worse than regular season.

Also many of the coasters were not operating. Doesn’t make sense to me, if that’s meant as a dry run for opening day. No Bat, Backlot, a few others. It seemed like later on a couple more were running.

We saw lots of issues related to on ride photos not working correctly, as far as printing & funpix goes.

On the plus side, all the bathrooms appear to have been remodeled in the off season.

Too many urinals in the men’s, and the privacy panels makes it uncomfortable to use. Barely wide enough for me to fit with shoulders up against both panels.

Skipped Bar-B-Que. It was crazy busy all night. Festhaus was nuts as well. Hank’s/Biergarten was quiet so ate there. Juke Box diner was dead as well, so will keep that in mind for future visits.

Rode Scrambler and Shake, Rattle & Roll. My 2 year old is over 36”, so he can ride things now, too.

Sons rode Race For Your Life C.B. with Mom 2x in a row. I was surprised it was open. A little cold for me to ride that yet.

I don’t know if I can make it back to KI before late May but I was a bit surprised Congo and RFYLCB were open as well.  CP doesn’t open any water rides until Memorial Day Weekend.   Anyone know when WWC opens?

We stopped by Bat sometime around 8:30-9:00 and it has been running but then a train was stuck about halfway out of the station and they couldn’t get it to dispatch.  Give up after 5 minutes of that.  

I did see WindSeeker operating once but only after I moved far away from it.  :D

Just now, King Ding Dong said:

I don’t know if I can make it back to KI before late May but I was a bit surprised Congo and RFYLCB were open as well.  CP doesn’t open any water rides until Memorial Day Weekend.   Anyone know when WWC opens?

I believe the sign at the entrance last night said May 5, which seems early.  I thought it always opened Memorial Day weekend with Soak City.  Oh well :)

• Like 2

I rode Congo Falls yesterday evening around 6pm. It actually was warm enough that the cool water felt good.

16 hours ago, Thabto said:

Looking at the radar, it looks like it will be a washout today. :(

Not at all. I got to the park today at 2:30, by which time the rain had stopped. There were a couple of sprinkles after that, but it was mostly dry all afternoon and evening. And everything was walk-ons or station/stair waits. Excellent day to be at the park!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

I rode Congo Falls yesterday evening around 6pm. It actually was warm enough that the cool water felt good.

I thought the same thing when I rode the Flume today. Even though it wasn't much warmer than 60 degrees, the water still felt pretty good!

-BFF, who also enjoyed rainy/windy rides on Diamondback, Vortex, and WindSeeker.

• Like 2

Not at all. I got to the park today at 2:30, by which time the rain had stopped. There were a couple of sprinkles after that, but it was mostly dry all afternoon and evening. And everything was walk-ons or station/stair waits. Excellent day to be at the park!
It was an awesome afternoon and evening at the park. We got there about 4 and only had about 15 minutes of light rain for the entire night. We were very excited and enjoyed the smaller crowds.
My only regret was spending $16 on ponchos that were not needed.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It sure looked it would be a washout yesterday, but I was proven wrong. It was a great day to be at the park. It only rained for about an hour. I rode Mystic 4x, The Beast 3x, Banshee 2x, Diamondback 2x, Invertigo, BLSC, The Bat, FoF (the only one that had a weight, but I did that during the rain so that was expected), and a few flats. No way would I have been able to do that on a good weather opening day. The rain was just enough to keep the crowd away. Now Today would have been a washout, sucks for the company that rented the park today. 

• Like 5

I believe the sign at the entrance last night said May 5, which seems early.  I thought it always opened Memorial Day weekend with Soak City.  Oh well
White Water Canyon usually always opened with the park. It didn't in 2016 because of the work on the new path.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2