Are the opening 2 weeks a good time to go

Quirkster

Hello everyone, I live close to Cedar Point and frequently go there with my Platinum Pass (with the dining and drink plan). I went to Kings Island Winterfest last year, it was wonderful. Obviously though I did not get a coaster experience with only riding Mystic Timbers in frigid temps (which was awesome). 

So anyways I want to take a 2 day trip (probably staying at the Super 8 nearby overnight) and I'm thinking one of the first 2 opening weeks in May, with hours of 10-8. I'd think those would be among the lower attendance periods, I know for CP at least it's a low attendance month. Obviously asking is it going to be a lower attendance period at KI too? Will I be missing out on anything not open yet for the Summer season? Would attendance still be on the lower side early June with hours of 10-10?

• Like 1

The first couple weeks of operation tend to be lighter than others, no guarantees, but in general they are lighter crowds.

With lighter crowds, come reduced service, though.  Some rides may not be open.  Honestly, you could probably ride everything in one day without issue, but two days you'd have plenty of time.

7 hours ago, teenageninja said:

The first couple weeks of operation tend to be lighter than others, no guarantees, but in general they are lighter crowds.

With lighter crowds, come reduced service, though.  Some rides may not be open.  Honestly, you could probably ride everything in one day without issue, but two days you'd have plenty of time.

I'm sure I could do it in one day, it's just too much for me to drive there and home in one day, so I'll do it in 2. 

As long as I guess all the roller coasters run, that's most important. And I guess those thrill rides in Drop Tower and Delirium.