Best B&M collection?

Best B&M Collection  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for NJFTP even though I've never been there. They have the most B&M types of any park (I think?) and they certainly have an interesting B&M lineup (Stand-Up, Hyper, Floorless. Invert, Flying); I think all they are "missing" is a Dive Coaster.

Great Adventure, solely for Nitro (in the last row.) There's actual ejector airtime back there.

I feel like Magic Mountain's are more impressive on paper, but I thoroughly didn't enjoy them. They headbanged constantly. (Then again, I wasn't wowed by the place, so maybe that tainted my perception of them into something worse than they actually were.)

Cedar Point's are decent, and I'll definitely ride them if I'm there, but I don't find any of them (except for maybe GateKeeper) to be must-dos. I'm much more excited about their Arrows. I'm also not big on Raptor, which is a bit of an unpopular opinion, so your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've heard that Riddler's Revenge is the best standup out there and it isn't rough. Aside from the obvious, what makes a standup coaster rough? The types of elements? The speed?

For me, in a standing position, I don't feel I have as much control over my upper body as much as I do sitting down.  Mantis has some pretty quick transitions in the 2nd half and it did bang my head around a bit.  You have to hold on to the restraints super tight.  

Also for the men- bicycle 'seats'.  Just sayin'.  

I've always have heard that Georgia Scorcher is the best one.  

I voted other for busch gardens tamps.  Montu and Kumba are 2 in my top 10 and Shiekra is hands down the best dive coaster.  I could also argue Carowinds, a great hyper, one of the best inverts and the best coaster in the world according to many.

I actually think that other than raptor the beemers at Cedar Point are kinda weak....

6 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I've heard that Riddler's Revenge is the best standup out there and it isn't rough. Aside from the obvious, what makes a standup coaster rough? The types of elements? The speed?

3 hours ago, silver2005 said:

I've always have heard that Georgia Scorcher is the best one.  

Hot take alert: I'd always heard the same thing about Riddler and Georgia Scorcher. I've ridden both. Honestly, I don't get totally get why either have earned that reputation. If Georgia Scorcher is any amount smoother, it's because it's shorter in height and ride time, so it doesn't seem as bad by comparison. Both knocked my ears into the restraints more than I'd prefer; Mantis's headbanging was comparable.

Not to be mean to either of you, but I think this is one of those things that enthusiasts collectively decided one day. Much like how all Six Flagses are supposed to be unanimously terrible parks, when that really isn't true, either. There are bad ones with horrible operations and haphazard theming (Six Flags New England, Six Flags America) and there are awesome ones (Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Great Adventure.)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

My friend and I have been trying to figure out which park has the best B&M collection. We narrowed it down to three parks- Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Cedar Point. What are your thoughts? Is there another park that has the best collection that's not in the poll?

SFOG has three.  Goliath is probably the best b&m hyper.

• Like 1

Its more of a fact than an opinion. Even amusement park enthusiasts can't deny that the company's been plagued with issues; and just because their rides have poor reliability doesn't mean they aren't fun.

One of the biggest comparisons I can make, and maybe @silver2005 might get this more than others, but B&M and Intamin are like Marvel and DC- both offer something fun and unique, but DC doesn't do as good of a job as it used to in years past. They're characters are awesome but their movies often fall short or have something major wrong with them. Though Marvel movies might come off as bland and often repetitive to some, they're all extremely successful.

I want to see Intamin succeed, Cedar Point wouldn't be where it is today without them, but I would like them to focus more on safety and reliability rather than just thrills.

• Like 1

It's a tough choice for me between Cedar Point and Great Adventure even without riding Valravn but I voted for Great Adventure. Nitro is my 2nd favorite steel coaster (Diamondback is a close 3rd), Bizarro is my favorite floorless coaster, Batman the Ride is a good invert, Green Lantern is good too and Superman is ok (I hate the restraints). 

8 hours ago, coasterfanatic2012 said:

Of parks I have been to, I voted other for Carowinds. Fury is incredible and they have a few strong compliments as well.

Busch Gardens Tampa and Williamsburg as well as Sea World Orlando also have awesome B&Ms. I only polled the parks that have 4 or more B&Ms since 3 is pretty common for some parks.