Best Intamin Collection

best intamin collection  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I love Great Adventure, 2 of the 3 Intamin coasters in the park are not amazing by any means. 

Skull Mountain isn't much to write home about and Kingda Ka is rough. 

El Toro is probably the best Intamin I've been on. 

Hershey's Intamins are okay...Skyrush is more eh than anything. The layout is good, but the pain caused by the restraints makes the ride less than fun. 

• Like 1

I have to go with Cedar Point because of Millennium Force and Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster to a lesser extent.

El Toro is excellent. Skull Mountain and Kingda Ka are fun but neither are close to being my favorite coasters from Intamin.

I really like Storm Runner but like so many of the accelerator coasters, it's a short ride. Fahrenheit is decent and Skyrush seems to be a love it or hate it ride. The forcefulness and restraints make it a coaster I don't ride every trip to Hersheypark and my least favorite hypercoaster. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VekomaRulz said:

I have to go with Cedar Point because of Millennium Force and Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster to a lesser extent.

El Toro is excellent. Skull Mountain and Kingda Ka are fun but neither are close to being my favorite coasters from Intamin.

I really like Storm Runner but like so many of the accelerator coasters, it's a short ride. Fahrenheit is decent and Skyrush seems to be a love it or hate it ride. The forcefulness and restraints make it a coaster I don't ride every trip to Hersheypark and my least favorite hypercoaster. 

Don't forget Wicked Twister!  And yes I completely agree.  The standout coasters at CP are the Intamins IMO.  Except for Raptor, Magnum and soon to be Iron Mean Streak errrrr Steel Vengeance!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I wish kk would have gotten a mega lite.  

They kinda did, just not an Intamin version.  ;) 

I think Maverick is a tad overrated.  Sure, its got some great parts like great airtime and a smooth ride, but I'm not too keen on its fast transitions.  Also, the launch to 70 mph seems kind of a waste since it immediately goes into trim brakes afterwards.  I feel if you're going to have a coaster go that fast, let it make some use out of that speed with some bigger elements or a long section of track where it gets to fly along that fast for a while.  I also feel I have to fight the train and the restraints (new and old) too much to keep comfortable.  I mean, I still like it a lot (still a top 10 steel coaster for me), but its got some flaws that keep it from being this awesome perfect ride as most people make it out to be.

My favorite Intamin at the moment, as in, among the ones I've actually been on, is Millennium Force. 

5 hours ago, silver2005 said:

They kinda did, just not an Intamin version.  ;) 

I think Maverick is a tad overrated.  Sure, its got some great parts like great airtime and a smooth ride, but I'm not too keen on its fast transitions.  Also, the launch to 70 mph seems kind of a waste since it immediately goes into trim brakes afterwards.  I feel if you're going to have a coaster go that fast, let it make some use out of that speed with some bigger elements or a long section of track where it gets to fly along that fast for a while.  I also feel I have to fight the train and the restraints (new and old) too much to keep comfortable.  I mean, I still like it a lot (still a top 10 steel coaster for me), but its got some flaws that keep it from being this awesome perfect ride as most people make it out to be.

My favorite Intamin at the moment, as in, among the ones I've actually been on, is Millennium Force. 

I'll throw my hat in with Silver... Not saying it's bad, I just don't feel it lived up to the hype... My 2 favorite coasters are Intamin, so it's not like I'm a hater...