What defunct coaster did you wish you rode

If we're talking locally, then probably the original Bat, Shooting Star, Wildcat, Zodiac, and Flight Commander. I know it says coasters, but those 2 flats looked interesting to me.   

Beyond that, I wish I could have gotten to Texas Giant (before RMC Iron Horse-d it), Dueling Dragons, Big Bad Wolf, Twisted Sisters, and the Geauga Lake woodies.  

From Kings Island, Son of Beast, if possible with loop during its first few seasons. Mostly to see if it was really as bad as everyone said it was, or to see if I would be one of the 10% who seemed to enjoy it. The OG Bat also looks like it was a very interesting ride, and King Cobra looks like it was at least decent.

For coasters outside of Kings Island, the Rye Playland Aeroplane Coaster comes to mind almost instantly. From the photos I have seen, it looked gorgeous and seems like it had lots of airtime and nice laterals. Chicago's Old Riverview Park Bobs also looks like it was great. For Steel Coasters, Big Bad Wolf @ Busch Gardens Williamsburg would be my pick, that or Eagle Fortress @ Everland in South Korea, which looked insane.

• Like 1

-The Original Bat

-Screamin' Demon

-King Cobra (especially since I loved Shockwave @ KD!)

-Big Bad Wolf

-Drachen Fire

-Great American Scream Machine @ SFGadv (yes, people say it was rough, but still. :) Side note: its 29th anniversary would have been today!)

-Shockwave @ SFGAm

-XLR-8

-Afterburner @ Fun Spot in IN (especially since now the closest Arrow Launched Loop is in Oklahoma!)

-Eagle Fortress @ Everland

^I mean, if you rode Mantis as a stand up, then you have an idea of what Chang was like minus a corkscrew since they're mirrored layouts for the most part.  My only problem with Mantis is that the transitions were too snappy for a stand up what with the lack of upper body control, particularly anything after the inclined loop (the 3rd inversion).  Those snappy s-curves are brutal, though, Chang/GL looks a bit more drawn out than Mantis.  

Those giant inversions and its decent first drop were all pretty great though in a standing position.  

silver2005, who likes also prefers Mantis' color scheme to Rougarou despite how great it became with the floorless transition.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Melody said:

Speaking of stand ups and King Kobra, did anyone ever ride Chang from Kentucky Kingdom back when it was Six Flags before it closed? It was a much longer ride. Amazing!

Yes, Chang was a very good ride!

• Like 1

Screamin' Demon

Bavarian Beetle 

The Bat

And the ones that hurt the most, because I was alive and able, but didn't ride them: King Cobra and Tomb Raider: The Ride with its original theming. 

Outside the park, The Jaws Ride. I had a chance. I was very young and scared Bruce (the shark) would get me. Now it's gone, leaving a mark on my bucket list forever unchecked. 

• Like 1

Just now, Joshua said:

Screamin' Demon

Bavarian Beetle 

The Bat

And the ones that hurt the most, because I was alive and able, but didn't ride them: King Cobra and Tomb Raider: The Ride with its original theming. 

Outside the park, The Jaws Ride. I had a chance. I was very young and scared Bruce (the shark) would get me. Now it's gone, leaving a mark on my bucket list forever unchecked. 

King Cobra my first ride with a loop and Tomb Raider to be forever missed 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I can't think of any. For KI, I guess the original Bat. I survived Sonny, Firehawk, King Cobra, and Ghoster Coaster. I be lying if I said I found any of those real enjoyable. 

Now a defunct coaster I do not regret having ridden? That's easy! Disaster Transport. I'd marathon that with Iron Dragon even.

for Knott's? Uh..I dunno. I guess Corkscrew. Boomerang was garbage. Hangtime is good, but not good enough to blow kisses at it like some coaster enthusiasts do.