Fireworks 2018 “The Greatest Show” Video

BoddaH1994

I know this has been mentioned in other threads, but this definitely warrants its own topic of discussion.

Check out this video of the fireworks along with the amazing new light aspects on I-Street. The audio is a little weak at first because one of the new speakers didn’t kick in until halfway through the show, but this really shows you how incredible the street is now.

• Like 13

Whoah! That was really well put together. I missed it being in Diamondback's station. I'm personally glad to see more like that in the park.  The only thing I wish they still did, was shoot the fireworks from the side of the Eiffel Tower. Anyone know exactly why they don't do it anymore? I know park ownership changed, but why can't Cedar Fair do that?

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Whoah! That was really well put together. I missed it being in Diamondback's station. I'm personally glad to see more like that in the park.  The only thing I wish they still did, was shoot the fireworks from the side of the Eiffel Tower. Anyone know exactly why they don't do it anymore? I know park ownership changed, but why can't Cedar Fair do that?

That would require a lot of downtime for the tower. I also learned from one of the ride associates a few years back that it burned the paint off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

They never did it nightly. Only for the 4th.

Ownership has nothing to do with it. In fact, Dominion did it last year for the 4th. There is a fall out zone required for any type of pyrotechnic in which spectators can not be present. All of this depends on the size of the product and manufacturers’ recommendations.  The logistical problem is that you have to close the area under the  tower, which is much easier said than done when there are tens of thousands of people in the park. This makes more sense at a park like Dominion than Kings Island.

The Eiffel Tower likely would not experience downtime. In fact, it didn’t close  at Dominion while we loaded the show during the day and they even kept it open during the show. Since the fireworks were on the front of the tower the back wasn’t in the fallout zone.

Dominion, 4th of July 2017:

2F24305C-2E69-4CEA-8C6E-5ECB32C51EA2.jpeg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Ownership has nothing to do with it. In fact, Dominion did it last year for the 4th. There is a fall out zone required for any type of pyrotechnic in which spectators can not be present. All of this depends on the size of the product and manufacturers’ recommendations.  The logistical problem is that you have to close the area under the  tower, which is much easier said than done when there are tens of thousands of people in the park. This makes more sense at a park like Dominion than Kings Island.

The Eiffel Tower likely would not experience downtime. In fact, it didn’t close  at Dominion while we loaded the show during the day and they even kept it open during the show. Since the fireworks were on the front of the tower the back wasn’t in the fallout zone.

Dominion, 4th of July 2017:

2F24305C-2E69-4CEA-8C6E-5ECB32C51EA2.jpeg

Thanks for the input!

3 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Being on the tower looking down at those fireworks would certainly be a unique view! B)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

What is strip club music these days?  It has been a very, very long time for me, like the early 90s.  

I'm sure it depends on the establishment...lol...but any song that starts out with a motorcycle revving and you imagine the cheesy announcer voice saying, "Let's welcome to the main stage....Crystal Chandalierrrrr!!!" and then menacing electric guitar....

• Haha 1

I love the new firework show! I was Greeter at Delerium on Friday and got to see a little bit of it, and the first thing I noticed was the Eiffel Tower's lights syncing with the fireworks shooting off, I had no clue it was all of Istreet! Well done!  

• Like 3

I just saw the new show for the first time last night.

Wow, I absolutely love it.

International Street has energy that I've never seen before. I can understand (and even agree with) complaints that it's not a reverent, romanticized ode to what International Street was intended to be, but I still really, really like what it is. It's very much in line with the clean minimalism the park has pursued during the Ouimet years. It's a simple thing done well. As I've said about Mystic's shed: if the park can keep it consistently good, I am here for it. I've had a "if I see it, I see it" attitude about the fireworks for a while now, but now I want to intentionally stay to see them.

Also, I've never seen The Greatest Showman, but I REALLY like that song with the synchronized lighting. I've now bought it and will be listening to it regularly, haha. I'm also going to need to find a way to see that movie in the bear future...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Has the volume been turned up on I-Street for the Fireworks? Opening Day I could barely hear it sitting on I-Street.

The new speaker on the right by the main sign was going into a safe mode and clipping. That was probably why you couldn’t hear as well. They seem to have fixed it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The new speaker on the right by the main sign was going into a safe mode and clipping. That was probably why you couldn’t hear as well. They seem to have fixed it.

It was quiet all the way around I-Street and throughout the park. Friday we were in Rivertown and it wasn't too incredibly loud. As we approached I-Street it was about the same level if not quieter.

Either way, I'm glad it's fixed.

It was really quiet about half way down I-Street on Saturday night.  It was so bad that the fountains were drowning out the music.  As I was walking out right after fireworks ended I realized the volume difference between there and in front of the gate is huge.  At least for right now I can only recommend standing between the gate and the Kings Island sign in front of the fountains.

The show just made me wish the fountains had similar lighting and computer controlled nozzles.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 2:17 PM, VortexBFForever said:

I would love to be up in the Eiffel Tower for at least one of the fireworks shows this year. I think watching from the platform with the lights changing around and below you would make for such a cool experience!!

Me too!  The park has added a bunch of new led lights in Coney Mall last few years, a new coaster in Rivertown, new Gliders with led as well. I bet the park looks great at night from the Eiffel Tower! 

• Like 2

I wish they would somehow incorporate pyro for the tree lighting at winterfest. Would have a bigger impact on “0” if the tower “exploded” with light. Overall good use of winterfest lighting investment. Agree about the fountain. Now that just needs to join the show. 

2 hours ago, brent said:

I wish they would somehow incorporate pyro for the tree lighting at winterfest. Would have a bigger impact on “0” if the tower “exploded” with light. Overall good use of winterfest lighting investment. Agree about the fountain. Now that just needs to join the show. 

I agree to an extent. Not necessarily an explosion of light, but something like they used to with fireworks: 

Logistically the area is kind of small to be able to do that from where they do the lighting ceremony. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, Kenban said:

The show just made me wish the fountains had similar lighting and computer controlled nozzles.

While I currently think it's cool how the Tower and the buildings contrast with the lighting in the fountain, it would be cool to see lighting similar to that of Canada's Wonderland's Royal Fountain.

https://youtu.be/RlH2aJ2AQ78