Fireworks 2018 “The Greatest Show” Video

BoddaH1994

9 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I agree to an extent. Not necessarily an explosion of light, but something like they used to with fireworks: 

Logistically the area is kind of small to be able to do that from where they do the lighting ceremony. 

Unfortunately, there's probably a reason they didn't even do this for Winterfest 2017 :o

• Like 1

So, I saw the fireworks for the 3rd time tonight and it was epic as usual! I noticed some things I hadn't before, like 2 spotlights and the fact that the shops light up in groups, not all at once. However, it would be super cool if they incorporated 2 flamethrowers (not unlike Haunt) to go off at appropriate moments, like "it's fire (one goes off), it's freedom (the other goes off)" and "tell me do you want to know (both go off)". Just a thought. However, I still love the show as is and the music and lights are the best part!

EDIT: Also, Winterfest used to have fireworks (not like the one Santa launched, but the ones at the end of the video)?

23 hours ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I noticed on a social media video that the fountain lights were synchronized with the music. Perhaps the park might invest in some LED RBG lights for the fountain like Canada's Wonderland and Kings Dominion in the future. 

I’ve heard that the fountain light package will be upgraded in the near future, but I don’t really know much beyond that.

Also, did anyone else notice that they removed most of the lighting towers for WF around the fountain were removed? Were those gone for opening day?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’ve heard that the fountain light package will be upgraded in the near future, but I don’t really know much beyond that.

Also, did anyone else notice that they removed most of the lighting towers for WF around the fountain were removed? Were those gone for opening day?

As an update:  There were some "tweaks" to the show this past weekend.  New lighting was added and the fountain colors now sync with the rest of the show.

Go see it!!

• Like 3

I still have yet to catch this in person.  I can`t wait to check it out.

I would hope that they would upgrade the lights to the fountains eventually.  They would be amazing if they were upgraded to LEDs like on the I-Street buildings.  But the fact that they synced up the existing lights to the buildings and soundtrack is amazing.

I am glad that they are utilizing the LED lights on the buildings for more than just Winterfest.  Also, the instrumental music on I-Street gives the park a wonderful Disney feeling.

• Like 3

We saw the new show for the first time on Saturday night - we absolutely loved it! My kids went wild...we've done Disney a few times so the bar is set high and they were so impressed! My 8 year old actually got teared up during it and my 5 year old was sobbing after it was over because he didn't want to leave. This is not how our nights normally end lol usually they're ready to go home and are tired. I was happy to see some tears of joy on their faces - they were still talking about it during breakfast this morning. :)    

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

One tweak that I noticed was that all the lights on I Street go out on one of the hits. That’s fountain, up lighting, and border lighting. That’s a really cool effect!

Also, the rainbow effect only plays during the “Million Dreams” playout song. This is followed by a return of the border lighting and the up lighting goes white.

• Like 2