Passholder FrontierTown Hoedown - Cedar Point

I have tickets for may 1st but not sure I will make it. I more than likely will be working until 5 and Cedar Point is 3hrs away.... I wanna go really bad but would an hour or hour and a half be worth it and would I even get to ride SV? I have always had bad luck at CP too...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

From what I have heard, the ticket guarantees one ride on SV, so I would assume once you are in line, you get to ride. Kinda like rides after 10pm, if you are in line before 10, you can still ride. 

There is no “guarantee” the ride will be operational or weather will be fine.  Just like any other day.  Just sayin.  

5 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Cp better hope there is no downtime.  Charging passholders for a soft opening is kinda garbage IMO.

It’s a new coaster, there will be downtime, guaranteed.  

It appears you have not read the event page or FAQ.

This is a free Passholder event, nobody is being charged anything. Free food samples will be provided.  Meal and drink plans are not available.   Attend at your own risk.   If the coaster is down Tuesday night for whatever reason your ticket is not good for Wednesday.  

This is April/May on freaking Lake Erie.  There is a better than 50% chance the weather will be total crap and nobody gets to ride.  

Set some realistic expectations here. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

I thought they sold tickets.  My mistake.

There are actually three events I am aware of.   First is Media Day, second is the First Rider Charity Event on the 27th that tickets were sold for, and third the Passholder Preview three day event 4/30-5/2.  

All proceedes from the First Rider event go to the LaBron James Family Foundation so if weather or maintenance prevents rides you still made a worthy donation to charity which is what it is all about anyway.  

One note for anyone attending.   Parking is in the main lot only.  You must hoof it all the back or ride the train part way.   Plan accordingly.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

There is no “guarantee” the ride will be operational or weather will be fine.  Just like any other day.  Just sayin.  

That's obvious, but I was talking about making it in line. I donated for the First Rider Charity, but cannot make it due to work. So, that's why I also planned to go on this free night. ;)

• 2 weeks later...