New Music throughout the park

TheSonofBeast

Anyone else notice that the park was playing generic artists doing countryish twang version of popular hits from the past instead of whatever they have played the last few years? I noticed it immediately on my opening night visit. I heard "journey" and "toto" a few times and while I like the songs I don't like the covers or their twist on it.... 

1 minute ago, TheSonofBeast said:

Anyone else notice that the park was playing generic artists doing countryish twang version of popular hits from the past instead of whatever they have played the last few years? I noticed it immediately on my opening night visit. I heard "journey" and "toto" a few times and while I like the songs I don't like the covers or their twist on it.... 

Yep, seems to be the new theme for Rivertown.

I love it!  A friend of mine introduced me to this bluegrass rock genre a while back.  It's fantastic.  Although I must admit the first song I ever heard this style was "Gin and Juice" ala Snoop Dogg by a band called The Gourds on a mix CD a (different) friend made for me over fifteen years ago.  :) 

I was raised on country and bluegrass, thanks to my grandparents' influence.  There is a lot of this stuff available on iTunes/Apple Music or YouTube.  Just search "Pickin' On".  I fancy the Green Day albums, specifically "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and their version of "Rocket Man."  I actually like it equally as well as Elton, if not a smidge better.

It makes me happy hearing this in the park!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Instrumental music on I-street was back and that is good. The bluegrass covers of rock and pop tunes in Rivertown is better than the Pop tunes in general but for me could get old quickly. Perhaps if they were just instrumental bluegrass versions I would find them more tolerable.

• Like 4

I immediately noticed the instrumental music on International Street and the country / bluegrass music in River Town.  I love the new music on International Street and just fell in love with the new music in River Town.  I love having more fitting music playing around the park.  I think that having the bluegrass / country style covers of popular songs is soooooo smart!  It makes if familiar and less off putting to people who are not familiar with that musical style.

• Like 3

I walked into work on Sunday and noticed they were playing some sort of march over the speakers on International Street, but I didn't know the name of it. I really liked the playlist this year from what I could hear of it. I got to hear a whole lot of Rivertown music last weekend as well. Very well done.

My favorite forms of music are instrumentals (classical and film scores) and 60s/70s/80s rock. Naturally, I love it when Clair De Lune and Rhapsody in Blue greet me on International Street. Same for Joan Jett on The Racer. (Of course, I miss when "A Party.. For Me?" from Marc Shaiman's Addams Family score was heard in the park.)

Amusement parks are supposed to be escapism. When you walk into one, it should feel like you are walking into somewhere different from the rest and that means not hearing the same lousy songs you hear in line at Walmart  ("Pompeii" and "Use Somebody"). 

• Like 4

Really enjoyed the new Rivertown music, as well as the Instrumental music on I-Street.

As a kid in the 1980’s, I remember you always heard bluegrass-y music (especially featuring the banjo) in Rivertown. This brought back a lot of good memories.

I hope the park is learning the value of themed music for different areas of the park. It is not ideal to hear the same current mix of Pop music feed throughout the entire park (leave that for maybe Action Zone or something).

Now, if we could get some Polka-ish music in the Oktoberfest area, and maybe some Golden Oldies on Coney Mall that’d be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I haven't had a chance to listen to the International Street playlist closely yet, but I could make out "Escape/ Chase/ Saying Goodbye" from ET by John Williams (Last season they played the end credit music which featured a segment of this piece) and "Harry's Wonderous World" from the Harry Potter movies, also by John Williams. My mother told me she heard the theme to "Exodus" by Ernest Gold. From what I've heard, the playlist is close to having similar music to the early days of the park. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BlondyRidesOn said:

I haven't had a chance to listen to the International Street playlist closely yet, but I could make out "Escape/ Chase/ Saying Goodbye" from ET by John Williams (Last season they played the end credit music which featured a segment of this piece) and "Harry's Wonderous World" from the Harry Potter movies, also by John Williams. My mother told me she heard the theme to "Exodus" by Ernest Gold. From what I've heard, the playlist is close to having similar music to the early days of the park. 

YES!!!! I actually got tears in my eyes when I heard the ET music last Summer for the first time. It really took me back to times when I went to the park with my family and my dad & brother have both recently passed away so I almost had me an ugly cry moment. 

• Like 3

Wife and I hung out at KI for a few hours today. Spent a good chunk of time just sitting on International Street and people watching.

The music was GREAT. Noticed Dmitri Tiomkin “The High and the Mighty”, “Tara’s Theme” from Gone with the Wind, and the Angry Birds main theme.

Good times.

• Like 3

Wife and I hung out at KI for a few hours today. Spent a good chunk of time just sitting on International Street and people watching.

The music was GREAT. Noticed Dmitri Tiomkin “The High and the Mighty”, “Tara’s Theme” from Gone with the Wind, and the Angry Birds main theme.

Good times.

Angry Birds, huh? I guess I didn’t realize we were still in 2010.

4 hours ago, Sol44 said:

Good times.

Last season they had "Gusty Garden Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy as part of the playlist. Dimitri Tiomkin's "The High and the Mighty" was also playing last season.

• Like 1

There's something magical about the matching themes to each area. Hearing the music change over from modern pop to bluegrass as I pass The Beast restrooms really signifies the transition more than the visuals ever did, for some reason. I /notice/ I'm in Rivertown. I had the same sort of experience when they initially brought the instrumentals back to International Street. It made me much more aware of the fountains, the shops, and the rest of the theming. 

• Like 9

Finally got to hear the Angry Birds theme on International Street last night. It was an orchestral arrangement and, I gotta say, I was impressed by the almost Eastern European sound it had that I almost thought that it started out as a classical piece much like the Tetris theme. Hope to hear some late 60s early 70s music in Coney Mall in the future, maybe some polka and German march music in Oktoberfest too.

• Like 1