Funpix Video?

harmony29

I'm sure this is probably no surprise to you guys, we just got home and I was going thru my funpix photos and there were 2 videos from Mystic Timbers, does this happen often? I was so excited when I saw it!

Yep! Every ride you have, make sure to scan your fun pix card at the self serve kiosk, this will make sure that you can get the video, as the photo associates can’t pull it up themselves. It’s a great feature to have especially because Mystic Timbers is the only one in the park with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Well we did a last minute visit yesterday and this just topped the day. I know you said you have to scan yourself but how do you know what rides do this? Reason I ask is we are going to Cedar Point as well. I know won't get to use it on May 1st for preview but later in the summer I'm thinking.

• Like 1

Well we did a last minute visit yesterday and this just topped the day. I know you said you have to scan yourself but how do you know what rides do this? Reason I ask is we are going to Cedar Point as well. I know won't get to use it on May 1st for preview but later in the summer I'm thinking.

What rides at Cedar Point? None that I know of, when I last visited in Summer of 2017 none of the rides had video, but hopefully Steel Vengeance does!

I hope so too. This is my first year having the funpix and I'm having a ball with it. I love having all the different expressions for the different rides and it's something I will have for years to come. I never wanted to before because it seemed expensive to pay at once but this we I did the payment plan for passes and it wasn't much more to add that on there.

• Like 2

I hope so too. This is my first year having the funpix and I'm having a ball with it. I love having all the different expressions for the different rides and it's something I will have for years to come. I never wanted to before because it seemed expensive to pay at once but this we I did the payment plan for passes and it wasn't much more to add that on there.

Exactly. In my opinion it’s pretty useless to buy prints of ride photos at the park, because when you have them digitally you can save them wherever you want, post them where you want instantly and if you prefer, go to a store like Walgreens and print the photos out for a much better price than you’ll get at the park.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bansheeback said:

Exactly. In my opinion it’s pretty useless to buy prints of ride photos at the park, because when you have them digitally you can save them wherever you want, post them where you want instantly and if you prefer, go to a store like Walgreens and print the photos out for a much better price than you’ll get at the park.

Keep in mind the digital file you receive is 300dpi, but printing at the park or ordering online is at 600dpi so much better quality if you are want to display it.   Which I have never done.  

Keep in mind the digital file you receive is 300dpi, but printing at the park or ordering online is at 600dpi so much better quality if you are want I guess to display it.   Which I have never done.  

Never thought about that, but it does make sense. If you’re looking for quick, convenient, and good for displays, printing at the park is the best. Especially since we have the frames with ride facts you can put them in.

Yep! Every ride you have, make sure to scan your fun pix card at the self serve kiosk, this will make sure that you can get the video, as the photo associates can’t pull it up themselves. It’s a great feature to have especially because Mystic Timbers is the only one in the park with it!

We are new to Funpix this year (haven’t even used it yet), should we have a Funpix card to scan? Or is it on our Gold pass?

4 minutes ago, Sol44 said:

We are new to Funpix this year (haven’t even used it yet), should we have a Funpix card to scan? Or is it on our Gold pass?

It will be on your pass...you will have to set up an account. The FunPix booth inside of the park can help you out in getting all set.

• Like 1

I went through this on Sunday - they gave me a new gold pass (for free) that has the QR code on the back. They also gave me a lanyard that has a clear pouch for my pass for easy scanning - which, while some may say it is dorky, it was soooo handy!!! I ended up putting mine and my kid's passes in it so I could get to them easily for our meals as well. Once you get that, you just scan the pass with photographers or at the ride pic booth. 

On 4/23/2018 at 8:48 AM, chugh43 said:

It will be on your pass...you will have to set up an account. The FunPix booth inside of the park can help you out in getting all set.

I've never been able to get the FunPix kiosk to work just using my pass, I always have to go to the counter to have the associate add it for me. Last year I one time brought this up to an associate at the counter and they told me to go to The Beast FunPix station and they could give me a card to scan and when I went there I just got a confused blank stare and gave up on it. Would be very nice to be able to use the kiosk!

9 minutes ago, dtk1378 said:

I've never been able to get the FunPix kiosk to work just using my pass, I always have to go to the counter to have the associate add it for me. Last year I one time brought this up to an associate at the counter and they told me to go to The Beast FunPix station and they could give me a card to scan and when I went there I just got a confused blank stare and gave up on it. Would be very nice to be able to use the kiosk!

Some of the associates are experienced in fixes issues with the system and some are not.   I suggest talking to someone at the FunPix booth near the front entrance as  they are more likely to be supervisors.    That said, some times those kiosks just don’t work.  

• Like 2

Some of the associates are experienced in fixes issues with the system and some are not.   I suggest talking to someone at the FunPix booth near the front entrance as  they are more likely to be supervisors.    That said, some times those kiosks just don’t work.  

People at the FunPix booth up front most likely won’t be educated on the kiosks. If you want help, go to Diamondback photo, as the ride photo office is in the room behind the booth. That’s where the supervisors hang out during the day if they aren’t walking through the park. Ride photo is separate from front gate photo.

• Like 2

I love having more employees in here that really know what is going on.   

Thats why I love this forum haha. I worked in Ride Photo last year, and worked with a lot of complaints about the kiosks. They are very limited in terms of functionality and what you can do to fix them. Also depending on what ride, it can take 30-60 seconds more for the photos to arrive on the kiosks than they do on the ride. Aside from restarting the kiosk, there’s nothing you can do aside from just getting your photo from the associates themselves. (This is why I don’t work in Merchandise anymore)

• Like 2

The kiosks have been working much better this year. Vortex is again FunPix only and the photos have been apperaing on the kiosk much faster this year. So your photos at Vortex should be ready to add to your account as soon as you get off the ride.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 3