Dealing with rude/ignorant people

harmony29

Looking for some advice, as this seems to be happening every time we go to the park. I am on disability due to a serious auto accident, I have a hip injury that makes it difficult to walk but more so standing in lines. I utilize the ride pass (the green sheets) as that's the only way I can really do the park. I walk with a limp at times but evidently people don't see that. It never fails that when we go to board a ride we get dirty looks from people as they think we cut the line, which is false, we wait just as long, just not in line. Yesterday it was really bad at Diamondback, these two females, probably in their late 30s, so not kids, got visibally upset when we got the back row on the train. My husband saw that i was upset and tried to tell them we did not cut the line, they actually started arguing with him, which just made me feel worse. He asked the ride operator if she could please explain to them what the situation was, but I don't think that ever happened. This seems to just happen every trip. I ignore the teens and their ignorant comments but this one really got to me. I doubt there's anything we can do but curious what others in this situation do.

I'm sorry to hear that you were treated like that. You are not "cutting" the line. You are using a service that the park offers, which you have every right to use. The way they acted was not only disheartening, it was on the trashy side of human behavior. I hate to be so frank and use that word, but jerks should be ejected from lines for such things.

EDIT: This actually reminded me of a story I overheard a guest telling at the park. They were talking about taking their kids to a dolphin show somewhere. They got their early to get the front row. There was a disabled person and they were asking for volunteers to move another row. The way this man spoke reminded me of Vic Morrow's character at the beginning of his (unfortunately tragic) segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie. His admittance to his "how dare they?" reaction to the thought of moving one row back made me tense up. And it still does to this day. I hear stories like this from other guests almost every time I go to the park. 

• Like 1

Sorry people can be so rude.  I recently accompanied my little 8 year old cousin on his Make-A-Wish trip to Florida (diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic osteosarcoma).  We encountered a few rude people (mostly adults) at Disney parks and Universal.  Although I'm sure it's hard... just do your best to ignore and have fun. ☺ You owe no explanations to anyone.

• Like 5

That is so true that I don't owe anyone an explanation, but I absolutely hate confrontation or any attention drawn to me. It's difficult because this injury is due to someone using a cell phone that hit me extremely bad, it changed my life forever and I was always very independent. I'm trying to remember that I'm doing nothing wrong and im not getting special treatment just help boarding. Kids I can let it roll off me but there are some rude and vindictive adults out there. I try to remember that at least I'm at my favorite place. In fact we are going tomorrow, Im hoping til later afternoon that it won't be too busy but whatever I will roll with it.

On 4/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, Joshua said:

I'm sorry to hear that you were treated like that. You are not "cutting" the line. You are using a service that the park offers, which you have every right to use. The way they acted was not only disheartening, it was on the trashy side of human behavior. I hate to be so frank and use that word, but jerks should be ejected from lines for such things.

EDIT: This actually reminded me of a story I overheard a guest telling at the park. They were talking about taking their kids to a dolphin show somewhere. They got their early to get the front row. There was a disabled person and they were asking for volunteers to move another row. The way this man spoke reminded me of Vic Morrow's character at the beginning of his (unfortunately tragic) segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie. His admittance to his "how dare they?" reaction to the thought of moving one row back made me tense up. And it still does to this day. I hear stories like this from other guests almost every time I go to the pa

• Like 3