Green boarding passes

Tera Ryzing

Could have been a parent swap. It is where 1 parent rides with anyone and then hands the pass to the attentant and goes down the exit and swaps with the other parent waiting on the midway with their small child/children. The next parent comes up the exit with up to 1 other person who can ride twice (once with each parent) to get a ride close to the other parent. This is done so both parents can ride close together while taking turn watching their kid(s).

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Green boarding passes are for guests who are unable to wait in the normal line due to a disability or other body injury. When they come to the ride OP/worker, thebassociate gives them a time that they can board. They take the current time and add the current wait time of the ride to it. It allows them to "stand in line" without actually waiting in the line. But they still have to wait as long as everyone else.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

This is exactly what I just started a new post about, here's what I wrote....

Looking for some advice, as this seems to be happening every time we go to the park. I am on disability due to a serious auto accident, I have a hip injury that makes it difficult to walk but more so standing in lines. I utilize the ride pass (the green sheets) as that's the only way I can really do the park. I walk with a limp at times but evidently people don't see that. It never fails that when we go to board a ride we get dirty looks from people as they think we cut the line, which is false, we wait just as long, just not in line. Yesterday it was really bad at Diamondback, these two females, probably in their late 30s, so not kids, got visibally upset when we got the back row on the train. My husband saw that i was upset and tried to tell them we did not cut the line, they actually started arguing with him, which just made me feel worse. He asked the ride operator if she could please explain to them what the situation was, but I don't think that ever happened. This seems to just happen every trip. I ignore the teens and their ignorant comments but this one really got to me. I doubt there's anything we can do but curious what others in this situation 

Green sheets are definitely not parent swap, I think those are white. I wish there was a way for the park to communicate what this is, as people are always ****ed when my husband and I board, doesn't matter that I usually walk with a limp and that it takes me more time to board. I try not to judge but I do think some people have learned of this program and take advantage of it, but that's society. And yes I wait just as long as the regular lines.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

This is exactly what I just started a new post about, here's what I wrote....

Looking for some advice, as this seems to be happening every time we go to the park. I am on disability due to a serious auto accident, I have a hip injury that makes it difficult to walk but more so standing in lines. I utilize the ride pass (the green sheets) as that's the only way I can really do the park. I walk with a limp at times but evidently people don't see that. It never fails that when we go to board a ride we get dirty looks from people as they think we cut the line, which is false, we wait just as long, just not in line. Yesterday it was really bad at Diamondback, these two females, probably in their late 30s, so not kids, got visibally upset when we got the back row on the train. My husband saw that i was upset and tried to tell them we did not cut the line, they actually started arguing with him, which just made me feel worse. He asked the ride operator if she could please explain to them what the situation was, but I don't think that ever happened. This seems to just happen every trip. I ignore the teens and their ignorant comments but this one really got to me. I doubt there's anything we can do but curious what others in this situation 

Green sheets are definitely not parent swap, I think those are white. I wish there was a way for the park to communicate what this is, as people are always ****ed when my husband and I board, doesn't matter that I usually walk with a limp and that it takes me more time to board. I try not to judge but I do think some people have learned of this program and take advantage of it, but that's society. And yes I wait just as long as the regular lines.

I'm guilty of being upset if the people coming up the exit ramp take a front seat if there is a long line for the front.

• Like 1

That can vary some depending on day or ops too. Was at the park one time with my cousin and she had a cast from a fracture and couldn’t stand in the lines so did the green sheet. However during our visit she was told that she could sit anywhere she wanted except the front row.

• Like 1

We are always asked which row we want and usually always  do front row, we've  never been told we  cant.

Why would you get upset if it's front row? I'm sorry but I have a real problem with this. We wait just as long as you do, it's not special treatment. In fact I wish I was "normal" and didn't have to do the ride pass for this very reason. It is quite upsetting that people cannot understand about people with challenges or disabilities. I would give anything to be able to stand in the normal line and not have people verbally attack me or give me dirty looks. I guess people don't understand unless they've been in our shoes. I will say it one more time, we wait just as long as everyone else, we just are sitting on a bench somewhere til our time.

I apologise if anyone gets upset with my comment but this is a very real and upsetting situation for me.

• Like 7

Well the line for the front row is generally longer so that’s probably why some people get more upset about it. The line for the ride might be 30 minutes and that’s how long you have to wait, but the people in the front row might have waited 45 minutes because of the extra line of people wanting that specific seat. However, I don’t think it should be that big of a problem. It’s not like tons of people are using the pass and one train cycle isn’t adding that much time.

• Like 6

My boys have autism and we use the boarding pass if the line is over 20 minutes or so.  I am not passing judgement on you @harmony29 but we do not request front row unless it is a relatively slow day.  We only take it if it is offered to us.  We have been offered it in the past and told the wait will be a bit longer.  Although we may have opted for that a few times we generally just take whatever the ride op assignes. Front row is not all that important to my boys and there are plenty of days we go when they are easy to get.  (Besides back row is generally better)

My advise is request front row if it is important to you but accept a possible longer wait for it and the ire of of those waiting.   As far as the loudmouths that get upset.  Do not engage and do not make eye contact as it serves no purpose.  Look forward and to the right and enjoy your ride.  

• Like 7

When I help guests with green sheets, I always ask what row they prefer (especially since many who ride Vortex often prefer a certain row/car on the train). Some request a specific row so I save that row for them on one of the next trains, while others say they are fine with any row.

And when we save rows, we ask the guests next in line for those rows if they are okay with waiting an extra train and explain that we are saving these rows for guests who are unable to wait in the regular line but have waited the same amount of time, and generally they are okay with it. The only time I had a problem saving a seat was when the guests in line for that seat were with a larger group who wanted to ride all together, but it all worked out and we instead saved the row on the train after theirs.

Green sheets at WindSeeker are a breeze (pun somewhat intended :)), as all we do there is assign as many seats as we need to that party and then assign seats to the guests in line as usual.

From what I've seen at Vortex, the guests in line there usually don't mind green sheets/Parent Swap guests who need a row saved. But I do understand that guests waiting in the regular line at other popular rides (e.g. Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, Banshee) may feel upset about those admitted to the ride through the exit.

I'm sorry for those of you who use green sheets and have encountered upset guests in line. I wish you did not have to deal with this. :(

• Like 9

When I help guests with green sheets, I always ask what row they prefer (especially since many who ride Vortex often prefer a certain row/car on the train). Some request a specific row so I save that row for them on one of the next trains, while others say they are fine with any row.
And when we save rows, we ask the guests next in line for those rows if they are okay with waiting an extra train and explain that we are saving these rows for guests who are unable to wait in the regular line but have waited the same amount of time, and generally they are okay with it. The only time I had a problem saving a seat was when the guests in line for that seat were with a larger group who wanted to ride all together, but it all worked out and we instead saved the row on the train after theirs.
Green sheets at WindSeeker are a breeze (pun somewhat intended ), as all we do there is assign as many seats as we need to that party and then assign seats to the guests in line as usual.
From what I've seen at Vortex, the guests in line there usually don't mind green sheets/Parent Swap guests who need a row saved. But I do understand that guests waiting in the regular line at other popular rides (e.g. Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, Banshee) may feel upset about those admitted to the ride through the exit.
I'm sorry for those of you who use green sheets and have encountered upset guests in line. I wish you did not have to deal with this.
I'm the same way. I always ask if they have a preference on where they sit. I'm at Mystic, and we tend to have a decent amount of green sheets come up our exit. If people want the front, the wait is usually longer, so we block the row off after the current line for the front, so they're waiting the same amount as everyone else.

It's sad that people with green sheets have to deal with people getting mad at them. They're waiting the same as everyone else.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

My boys have autism and we use the boarding pass if the line is over 20 minutes or so.  I am not passing judgement on you @harmony29 but we do not request front row unless it is a relatively slow day.  We only take it if it is offered to us.  We have been offered it in the past and told the wait will be a bit longer.  Although we may have opted for that a few times we generally just take whatever the ride op assignes. Front row is not all that important to my boys and there are plenty of days we go when they are easy to get.  (Besides back row is generally better)

My advise is request front row if it is important to you but accept a possible longer wait for it and the ire of of those waiting.   As far as the loudmouths that get upset.  Do not engage and do not make eye contact as it serves no purpose.  Look forward and to the right and enjoy your ride.  

That's the thing, it is a longer wait and I am totally fine with that. Up until this week, I only wanted middle on beast and Mystic Timbers. We only get front row because the operators ask us where we want to sit, and then are told it will be a few cycles, which is perfectly fine. Keep in mind the incident yesterday was when we boarded in the back on Diamondback. Im not trying to whine, I just wish people were more understanding of the situation.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, VortexBFForever said:

Green sheets at WindSeeker are a breeze (pun somewhat intended :)), as all we do there is assign as many seats as we need to that party and then assign seats to the guests in line as usual.

I'm sorry for those of you who use green sheets and have encountered upset guests in line. I wish you did not have to deal with this. :(

Thank you for trying to accommodate us Green sheet people! Vortex is one ride I cannot do, it's just too rough on my body. I truly wish other coasters did what you do, I suspect that some operators do because this doesn't happen every ride, just usually at least once a visit. I truly am not trying to start anything by requesting front row.  During winterfest in fact they wanted to give us front row on Mystic Timbers and I freaked out, I was like no, just the middle please. Same with Beast, I want row 4 or 5 as it was less rough. Now that I've gotten to really like both coasters I've gotten brave and like trying front row, but honestly if I was told no I would be fine with that as long as it wasn't the very back. Diamondback I never rode in the back til a KIC member talked me into it, I liked the pull down the first hill. But I admit I like front row better on that and Banshee. I'm pretty easy going and would never cause a stink about a certain row. It seems to be me like the operators try to be very accommodating which I do appreciate.

Yesterday we did Firehawk for the first time this season. When we got up to the boarding area, the operator Brett asked us where we wanted to be, we said oh wherever, he said how about front row. I said well I've never been in the front, he said well than you need to do it. He was so friendly and nice, I did it once but I'm not a huge fan of this coaster so when I do ride again I'm fine with wherever. Thank you to all the kind KI operators that really go out of their way to be accommodating, I for one truly appreciate it.

• Like 7

That's the thing, it is a longer wait and I am totally fine with that. Up until this week, I only wanted middle on beast and Mystic Timbers. We only get front row because the operators ask us where we want to sit, and then are told it will be a few cycles, which is perfectly fine. Keep in mind the incident yesterday was when we boarded in the back on Diamondback. Im not trying to whine, I just wish people were more understanding of the situation.

People suck sometimes. One small thing could change their mood just like that. The best thing to counteract that would be for the associate to talk to them and tell them why they have to wait another train, and explain to them that it won’t be much longer before they board the train, and when they do it’ll be worth the wait. This usually seems to turn their mood around, now that they know it won’t be much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, evy0311 said:

I'm the same way. I always ask if they have a preference on where they sit. I'm at Mystic, and we tend to have a decent amount of green sheets come up our exit. If people want the front, the wait is usually longer, so we block the row off after the current line for the front, so they're waiting the same amount as everyone else.

It's sad that people with green sheets have to deal with people getting mad at them. They're waiting the same as everyone else.

Thank you!! I'm sure you have helped me and will in the future. It is so hard when I'm someone that was very active who now has had to change my lifestyle. I vowed my disability would not stop me from my biggest passion, coasters. I know some of the issue is I'm not in a wheelchair and look you get (well I'm 48, which I still think is young) so it's easy for people to judge. But I try to just go on and enjoy being at my favorite place. 99% of the time I'm in a lot of pain but I just can't let that stop me from doing what I love.

@Bansheeback That's exactly why we explain to the guests in line for rows we are saving that we are doing so to accommodate a guest who cannot wait in the regular line (at least we do at Vortex). This way the guests in line know why they will end up waiting an extra train, and once they know that they're okay with it since it won't be that much longer before they can ride.

• Like 1

[mention=9458]Bansheeback[/mention] That's exactly why we explain to the guests in line for rows we are saving that we are doing so to accommodate a guest who cannot wait in the regular line (at least we do at Vortex). This way the guests in line know why they will end up waiting an extra train, and once they know that they're okay with it since it won't be that much longer before they can ride.

My thoughts exactly. I do my best to try and guest relate as much as possible because it really does make a difference in the day people have and their attitudes towards others. Plus, you get to meet new people, which is always fun. By the way harmony29 , as long as you’re having fun, that’s what really matters. Enjoying yourself really makes the day that much better and doing something you love should never be a painful experience to you or anyone. When you’re at the park, enjoy yourself as much as possible, because it’s your day to have fun!

• Like 3

That came out wrong. When I said I'm in pain it's because physically I am. But I'm in that pain if I'm sitting home as well. I've had friends ask me, how can you do roller coasters with your pain, my answer...because for that 2 or 3 minutes I'm on the ride I forget about that pain. Walking thru the park can be very challenging and I have to sit a lot but fortunately my husband is very understanding and we just go at a slow pace.

• Like 3

That came out wrong. When I said I'm in pain it's because physically I am. But I'm in that pain if I'm sitting home as well. I've had friends ask me, how can you do roller coasters with your pain, my answer...because for that 2 or 3 minutes I'm on the ride I forget about that pain. Walking thru the park can be very challenging and I have to sit a lot but fortunately my husband is very understanding and we just go at a slow pace.

I totally get what you meant. If rides are what makes you feel happy, then you should be free to ride them. Our job as associates is to help you ride the ride, whether you may be coming through the normal queue or through the exit with a green sheet. With that being said, I really do hope that you have a pleasant experience with the park and it’s associates in general. Our goal is to help you enjoy your visit! So keep doing what you’re doing if it makes you happy.

• Like 1

I think a major problem is that the general public really doesn't understand how it works. It shouldn't be up to the people who need the green passes to explain or justify it, though. I think the park needs to post the policy somewhere prominent or do an information campaign, or something, both to let anyone who may need the accommodation know about it, and prevent people who don't need it from feeling like they're "getting cut."

Even as much as I'm at the park, because I don't need the accommodation and haven't rode with someone who did, I didn't realize how they work either. I really didn't know there was any waiting time, but I was ok with that because the people loading from the exit typically have enough of a struggle so I feel they deserve a little extra consideration. I think a lot of other people also must not realize there's still a wait, and a handful of those probably feel that is "unfair" or otherwise irritating. 

Usually the only time I get a little irritated, it isn't against the person getting on the train, but the ride op who waited until just before the gates opened to mention they were going to load that row from the exit, and my group is taking up more than one row and we already went through the trouble of coordinating getting on the same train by letting people in front of us on some rows, etc. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

I totally get what you meant. If rides are what makes you feel happy, then you should be free to ride them. Our job as associates is to help you ride the ride, whether you may be coming through the normal queue or through the exit with a green sheet. With that being said, I really do hope that you have a pleasant experience with the park and it’s associates in general. Our goal is to help you enjoy your visit! So keep doing what you’re doing if it makes you happy.

My home park growing up was Cedar Point as I lived in Michigan and that's always been my top park, until about 2 years ago. I now live in Kentucky and KI is much closer and it's also my favorite now. If I could be there every day I would, but 2 HR drive means maybe once a week unless we stay overnight. 

• Like 1

My home park growing up was Cedar Point as I lived in Michigan and that's always been my top park, until about 2 years ago. I now live in Kentucky and KI is much closer and it's also my favorite now. If I could be there every day I would, but 2 HR drive means maybe once a week unless we stay overnight. 

Even once a week is good. It’s a great place to let off steam and end the week on a good note.

• Like 1

Especially at the beginning of the season some of the ride ops are not familiar with the system and how to handle it properly, but usually a more experienced team member can get it sorted out.  There are at least a couple of different types of boarding passes with some used less frequently.   Have patience, they are trying to work quickly and sometimes get confused about the specific procedures of your boarding pass.  Usually it is the young team members still in training and working the exit gate.   

Maybe one of the employees here can suggest what you should say to an an associate that not handling it properly.   I have just tried to explain it quickly and ask them to check with their team lead.  

• Like 2

Especially at the beginning of the season some of the ride ops are not familiar with the system and how to handle it properly, but usually a more experienced team member can get it sorted out.  There are at least a couple of different types of boarding passes with some used less frequently.   Have patience, they are trying to work quickly and sometimes get confused about the specific procedures of your boarding pass.  Usually it is the young team members still in training and working the exit gate.   

Maybe one of the employees here can suggest what you should say to an an associate that not handling it properly.   I have just tried to explain it quickly and ask them to check with their team lead.  

If it was me, the best thing to say would be, “can you double check this with your supervisor real quick or (if one wasn’t present) another associate?”, but every associate is different.

• Like 2

Green sheets are probably one of the most misunderstood elements of Kings Island...

I have been asked before to wait one train for rides. I don't mind it at all. It is not a big deal to me. And knowing they wait the same amount of time (And perhaps more if they've overestimated the wait time) for the ride should shut those onlookers up.

One of my friends who works in my department has a skin condition (ezkema?) That prevents her from sweating. During hot and busy days up at Cedar Point or any other theme park. She rightfully requests a green sheet. If she wouldn't do that with the long lines during a hot busy day. She would most likely become extremely overheated and pass out.

It's a useful tool to help those with a disability, or even a simple medical condition that causes overheating easy, to wait in line with everyone else while being able to enjoy the rides and park with everyone else.

And those who confront those who wait the same amount of time as everyone else. No matter what row it is. Should have nothing to say.

I personally have autism. I work and thrive in my department. I've actually never had the inclination to even use a green sheet mostly because I am able to find myself enjoying waiting especially with my friends. But for those who are unable to. It's the absolute perfect thing. And something nobody should be complaining about.

• Like 6

People need to just get over it... I'd just say "oh I'm sorry I don't look disabled enough for you" sit down and enjoy my day. I think it's BS that guests can't just board when they get there, but because of the 1 in 100 fakes (i don't think there are as many as people act like, no one wants to deal with the awkwardness of pretending to be disabled) they feel they need to do this. Obviously for really long times it's understandable to do a stamp or have someone wait through the line while the party is at the exit, but I mean on some rides are these people really supposed to go all the way up the exit, stamp their card, and then go somewhere they can sit down or be in the a/c then come back? By the time they get where they are going it's already their time to ride. Beast for example has a really long exit line before you get to a bench, probably even longer than Top Guns.

• Like 2

A lot of the worst medical conditions are the ones you don't see or aren't obvious.  People do what they need to to cope with everyday life and fit in.  Just remember that everyone has something they're going through in one way or another.  

I'm happy KI has a system like that in place. 

• Like 5

@harmony29 @TheRicksterFor those with mobility/exposure issues The Beast and Bat are kind of a problem becuase if the long distance to get your ride time.  Fortunately, the guest with the green sheet is not required to be present to obtain the ride time so if another guest in the party does not have mobility issues they can obtain the time, even a child.   They do absolutely need to be present when comming back for the ride however.

Of course ride times can be obtained at the entrance for any ride that has a “Greeter” (not sure of official designation).  Less of a problem at CP becuase almost all coasters have a greeter that I recall except for Raptor in the afternoons/evening when the line is negligible.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRickster said:

People need to just get over it... I'd just say "oh I'm sorry I don't look disabled enough for you" sit down and enjoy my day. I think it's BS that guests can't just board when they get there, but because of the 1 in 100 fakes (i don't think there are as many as people act like, no one wants to deal with the awkwardness of pretending to be disabled) they feel they need to do this. Obviously for really long times it's understandable to do a stamp or have someone wait through the line while the party is at the exit, but I mean on some rides are these people really supposed to go all the way up the exit, stamp their card, and then go somewhere they can sit down or be in the a/c then come back? By the time they get where they are going it's already their time to ride. Beast for example has a really long exit line before you get to a bench, probably even longer than Top Guns.

The way I handle it is I have my husband go up the exit locations and get the ride time, it's too much to do it, go, back, find a seat then go back for the ride. They tell you clearly the the disabled person does not have to get the ride time, only has to be there for boarding.

• Like 1