Cedar Point 150th Anniversary Ideas (2020)

^ You may already know this, but "Cedar Point is getting an Aquatrax" is a old rumor from when Maverick was being built that's aged into a bit of a joke, especially on PointBuzz/CoasterBuzz. Maybe you're right, but I see Tony's response as more of an "oh, you want that ridiculous thing? Here's another ridiculous thing to go with it" kind of comment.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arrow said:

really banking on the "GCI on a beach" I've seen thrown around.

I've heard that attached to a boardwalk section along the beach, which, looks kinda plausible now with the activity around WindSeeker and Wicked Twister.  

• Like 1

I can't wait until it's not a roller coaster, just so I can watch the Kings Dominion Planet Snoopy announcement again, where nerds on Instagram called Kings Dominion "neglected" even though they got one of the best roller coasters in the world in 2010, and in Kings Dominion's defense, 2017 was a very good year, and personally what I think they needed!

2 minutes ago, rhyano said:

I can't wait until it's not a roller coaster, just so I can watch the Kings Dominion Planet Snoopy announcement again, where nerds on Instagram called Kings Dominion "neglected" even though they got one of the best roller coasters in the world in 2010, and in Kings Dominion's defense, 2017 was a very good year, and personally what I think they needed!

The flagship Cedar Fair wont pull that crap.

7 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Gcis doing well at bigger parks is open to interpretation.

Ki made a mistake by not building a ground up rmc where timbers is.  The gp would eat up a top gun stall over wwc.

Cp is know for build it bigger.

I plan on leading an INTAMIN chant on steel vengeance monday to help.

Mystic Timbers is doing so well with KI's audience that I really think family coasters is what the park actually needs, I think a ground-up RMC would have looked too intense for the average family visiting the park, Winterfest combined with a roller coaster that is thrilling but family friendly was a great idea, and a great attendance boost was clearly noticed.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Gcis doing well at bigger parks is open to interpretation.

Ki made a mistake by not building a ground up rmc where timbers is.  The gp would eat up a top gun stall over wwc.

Cp is know for build it bigger.

I plan on leading an INTAMIN chant on steel vengeance monday to help.

Who determined it was a mistake by adding a GCI instead of a ground up RMC? 

Doing that on Monday is the quickest way to become that guy and/or being asked to leave the park. Why would CP listen to some random *** dude yelling "Intamin" on the premier of their brand new RMC roller coaster and then decide oh yeah, that's a good idea, let's do it. 

Wow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

Who determined it was a mistake by adding a GCI instead of a ground up RMC? 

Doing that on Monday is the quickest way to become that guy and/or being asked to leave the park. Why would CP listen to some random *** dude yelling "Intamin" on the premier of their brand new RMC roller coaster and then decide oh yeah, that's a good idea, let's do it. 

Wow.

LOL.  (Not a one word post)

intblog.jpg

Having a GCI on the beach would be awesome. It would add another "bridge" coaster more accessible for families and also the park could dress it up nicely with some chaser lights to really sell that classic coaster look. I'm not expecting that to happen though. I do love how much the park is updating the beach/boardwalk area. When I last visited a couple of years ago I took a stroll down the boardwalk for the first time at dusk and it was beautiful. Instantly made me jealous of those staying at Breakers haha.

10 hours ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Wouldn't the gp see a gci woodie as a step back after installing mf,ttd,maverick,GateKeeper,valreven,steel vengeance?

Absolutely not, quite the opposite! It would help fill in their family coaster line up. I think it would help them with their resort attendance that was down last year per the 3rd quarter report. Why do you think CP offers the free Pre K pass and KI does not? Kid attendance is lower at CP. If there are more family friendly rides, resort attendance will go up. 

I think you have labored the point on what you personally want in a park, but not everything needs to be an Intamin extreme machine. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tera Ryzing said:

People are forgetting about intamin woodies.  A 200' intamin on the beach with a elevator lift.....

Those were discontinued due to RMC now making their own wooden roller coasters (RMC helped design and construct them) also not making two posts, I know the last Intamin water ride at CP was a complete disaster, but Chiapas of the US would be fantastic, it would be cool if Mack could do something like that, or a Pulsar clone.

• Like 1