Alan Schilke vs Werner Stengel

Tera Ryzing

Best Coaster Designer  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:23 AM, Gordon Bombay said:

I'm not seeing the option for Ron Toomer...

Ron Toomer had a shot with drachen fire but failed.  

If Alan was there and did drachen fire arrow may still be in business.  It was to late with Tennessee tornado.  X was rushed as it was a last ditch effort by the company to stay relevant against the European firms.

2 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

It says "best coaster designer," I thought it was a bit disrespectful to leave out the legend of bent coat hanger design. May his ghost give you extra headbangs on Vortex.

Maybe my post did not come off correctly. I was trying to make a joke. It seems the 2 designers listed were more RMC and Intamin designers. 

4 minutes ago, Tera Ryzing said:

Having 1 sized loop for years is like thinking the world was flat.

So you don't like a designer that may have been the inspiration for your beloved Intamin designs and engineering because he used the same size loops?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

So you don't like a designer that may have been the inspiration for your beloved Intamin designs and engineering because he used the same size loops?

I like old school b&m's before their hypers.  The 2000's saw b&m focus on boring and mediocre rides with reliability while intamin focused on insane rides.  I am blessed to have grown up in the 2000's.  People of today that get off an rmc for the first time is how I felt getting off the many intamins last decade.

Rmc is this generations intamin.