Gold Pass/Early Ride Times 2018

chibul

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/season-pass-early-ride-times

Mystic Timbers, Banshee, Bat (and select Planet Snoopy rides) through June.

Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, (and select Planet Snoopy rides) July thru October.

Doesn't apply to Friday night openings during Haunt/Winterfest.

I personally prefer the Dback/MT combo and wish that if MT is open early that Dback would be as well. The times I went last summer, they didn't open the gates until 9:30 exactly...and we always hit MT first since those lines were the worst. I think we once hiked across to Banshee after riding MT and got there just as 10am was rolling around...future visits, we just rode MT twice, then hopped in line for the Dback 10am opening. 

11 hours ago, VortexBFForever said:

I remember it being an hour in 2010 and 2012. But in 2011 and since the 2013 season it has been 30 minutes. I wonder why it's not an hour like Cedar Point's early entry...

In 2010, it was one hour on Saturdays and 30 minutes on Sunday through Friday. I believe 2011 was the same. People then clamored to go one hour every day, which happened in 2012, and then as @malem noted, hardly anyone showed up for that first half hour, after which we lost the full hour completely as in 2013 they went to 30 minutes every day, including Saturdays. The length of ERT hasn't changed since.

• Like 1

You also have to remember, when asking about Cedar Point being an hour.....CP has many resorts that offer ERT for the guests....if they all came in at a 1/2 hour before park open, it'd be filled with extremely long waits (although some days it can be for the full hour anyway). They also have most major coasters on ERT and various flats. 

• Like 3