Harlem Globetrotters at the park May 5-6

LuvingKI

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Is anyone looking forward to the Harlem Globtrotters this coming weekend? I've never seen them live, it seems like it would be cool to watch

I have absolutely no interest in basketball but my Grandfather took me to a show as a kid and I really enjoyed it.  Wish I could make it but will be camping again.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

I have absolutely no interest in basketball but my Grandfather took me to a show as a kid and I really enjoyed it.  Wish I could make it but will be camping again.  

I'm not huge into it, though usually watch pacers when in playoffs,  that's about it

1 hour ago, LuvingKI said:

Is anyone looking forward to the Harlem Globtrotters this coming weekend? I've never seen them live, it seems like it would be cool to watch

I would like to see them go to all of the Basketball games in the park, just clear them out, and hand out all of the prizes.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LuvingKI said:

Yep told my husband we definitely need to go this weekend, I think it will be fun.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Yippee Skippee said:

Even they couldn't be those games.

You need to do a YouTube search if you think it's impossible. I've seen it done dozens of times at several different parks including KI and not by a Globetrotter.  I've personally have posted around 10, perfect, 3 point challenge videos on YouTube. Heck, I've even seen my friend get banned from playing at a few parks.  I've also seen hundreds of prizes given away to kids for free.

There is NO skilled game at KI that can't be beaten.

• Like 2

Most parks that do Three Point Challenge have a waiting period before the same player can win again. It has the magic combination of being possible to master while having relatively substantial prizes for a midway game.

• Like 1

Just now, chugh43 said:

The Harlem Globetrotters from what I gather will be performing at the International Street Bandstand in front of the Eiffel Tower. 

Cool beans! I will be avoiding that area in an attempt to avoid crowds! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just saw the 1:00 show. It was entertaining... Wish they would have ropped out a larger section so there was more "frontage"... Or better yet, they could have done the show in the showcase theater (where the dog show is going to be) nearby where everyone can see the stage easily. Nice edition... Just not ideal execution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

They moved the final showing up to 3:30.

I sure hope not. Otherwise the park is getting complaints. 

Edit:  Well, guest services will see me shortly then. Brought a friends kids to see them. It wouldn't bother me if they announced they were moving the 4 showing to 3:30 at 1or 2, but waiting 6 minutes till is absurd. 

I also attempted to show up at the 4:00 show and only caught about the last 10 minutes. Social media isn’t the best way to reach people who are already in the park. Why didn’t they do a push notification to the people within the geofence?

However, what I did see was very fun and interactive. Something like that would be a good idea for the showplace as a regular show.

Very cool way to be outside the box!

• Like 3