Flat ride package?

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

I would love a to spin to return to KI, top scan, and a ferris wheel

I would love a to spin to return to :P But, I agree a top spin would be amazing. 

I love top scans. That'd be great. A ferris wheel would be a great addition, but if it were to come, I'd hope and pray that it would be a longer cycle than Kings Dominion's and would be an easy loader.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Always thought those looked fun. Think it could be a good addition to either Planet Snoopy (the seem to be popular for families and kids especially) or in Oktoberfest with the cars themed to giant beer kegs floating in a pond or river.

Would love to see a top spin again, think a top scan and/or a sky fly for x-base,  and an enterprise would be great for Coney Mall

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question someone might be able to answer- Why is Canada's Wonderland the "Cedar Point" of flat rides? Is Wonderland the park that they test the popularity of newer flat ride models to get gp feedback? Is it because of the coaster line up?

I never understood because parks like KI, Carowinds, and others could use some Canada's Wonderland styled flats in their line up. I'm not complaining of the lack of flat installations but why have we been getting coasters and no huge flats like Soaring Timbers, Lumberjack, and so on at all?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Quick question someone might be able to answer- Why is Canada's Wonderland the "Cedar Point" of flat rides? Is Wonderland the park that they test the popularity of newer flat ride models to get gp feedback? Is it because of the coaster line up?

I never understood because parks like KI, Carowinds, and others could use some Canada's Wonderland styled flats in their line up. I'm not complaining of the lack of flat installations but why have we been getting coasters and no huge flats like Soaring Timbers, Lumberjack, and so on at all?

Because they used their great flat line up to distract from the fact their coaster line-up has been quantity over quality and their best inversion is a beat up Arrow Looper??? 

Ever since I first rode Skyhawk at CP way back in 2010 I've been wanting so badly for KI to install a Screamin' Swing!

But honestly, we've been in desperate need of some major flats ever since the deterioration/demise of TR/Crypt.

The Drop Tower/Delirium/WindSeeker trio is just not enough!

• Like 2

Screamin' Swing would be great. Only ridden Barnstormer at Dollywood but loved it. It would also be one of the easiest to theme as well to any area of the park. Think would work best with some sort of mining/drilling or possibly farm theme in Rivertown or a flying/aviation theme in X-Base. Would be a perfect addition for Kings Island as well since it is a major thrill ride but is one that kids can enjoy as well so still kind of fits the family vibe the park seems to go for overall while being a major flat ride too.

I'd be fine with more standard smaller flat rides as well, just feel our park needs more of them overall, but some big ones like that would, and great for more of an "off year" to have a big impact ride with a lower price tag.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would love to see some new rides added to Coney Mall.  

A tilt a whirl and Ferris wheel would be perfect for that area.  

I'd also like to see that ugly sky coaster get removed and replaced with another larger flat ride like a HUSS Jump2 (Sledgehammer) or a Gerstlauer sky roller (Like the new one at Canada's Wonderland).  That would be a great way to market a newly themed land (Action Zone renovation)

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 3:18 PM, IndyGuy4KI said:

I would love a tilt a whirl and/or another set of flyers. Put one of them in the old FC pad in Coney. 

A ferris wheel, although pretty with an LED package, does not interest me. We have enough sight seeing rides IMO.

I agree with both sentiments. Cedar Point's Skywheel looks great, but I don't see many people riding it any time I am there. I think a Tilt-A-Whirl is needed at KI as well. It's a classic fun ride that families can do together.

I would also add in a new dark ride to replace Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

• Like 2