Flat ride package?

38 minutes ago, KIBeast said:

I agree with both sentiments. Cedar Point's Skywheel looks great, but I don't see many people riding it any time I am there. I think a Tilt-A-Whirl is needed at KI as well. It's a classic fun ride that families can do together.

I would also add in a new dark ride to replace Boo Blasters on Boo Hill.

Luckily we are getting a great flat on the old FC land. I would still take a Tilt-A-Whirl though.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 5:42 PM, Kifan91 said:

Dose anyone know why the original skyride left and didn’t Kong’s island have a Feris wheel once I think it was in Oktoberfest but I could be wrong it’s been forever.

This edition of the official KI blog has the answers.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2017/june/zicke-zacke-zicke-zacke-hoi-hoi-hoi?page=4

11 hours ago, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

Flat rides are better for carnivals and wannabe parks. There mostly just fluff and pretty much always outperformed by roller coasters.

Delirium, maXair, Skyhawk, Power Tower, Drop Tower, Shake Rattle and Roll, Tiki Twirl, Troika would all beg to differ. Flat rides, water rides, and shows round out the experience. There are families that go for far more than coasters. My kid is a coaster junkie but loves all the aforementioned rides. He is also looking forward to the new flat in Old Coney.

• Like 7

On December 20, 2018 at 8:49 AM, KIBeast said:

Delirium, maXair, Skyhawk, Power Tower, Drop Tower, Shake Rattle and Roll, Tiki Twirl, Troika would all beg to differ. Flat rides, water rides, and shows round out the experience. There are families that go for far more than coasters. My kid is a coaster junkie but loves all the aforementioned rides. He is also looking forward to the new flat in Old Coney.

Flat rides are also great date rides too. 

• Like 2

On 12/19/2018 at 9:08 PM, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

Flat rides are better for carnivals and wannabe parks. There mostly just fluff and pretty much always outperformed by roller coasters.

Couldn’t be more incorrect, my friend. Family style flat rides attract exactly what the name implies: Families. When families have a reason to come to the park they spend money. When they spend money... The park makes money, obviously. 

Coasters are always going to drive attendance and revenue, but creating a wide variety of rides and attractions that attract all age ranges will always create a better business model. There’s a reason why there’s been such success with events like Winterfest or additions like the Kings Mill Antique Autos. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silver2005 said:

To clarify- @Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 is a troll.  Not only are you replying to a banned person, you are replying to someone who wrote that for the soul purpose to get you riled up to respond to him.  Trolls get off on that stuff.  

Fair enough. Just trying to spread a bit of knowledge. Didn’t know he was banned, so... Adios!

• 2 weeks later...