2018 Additional Events Announced

This summer, Kings Island will invite guests to step inside the pages of a Charles M. Schulz comic strip and experience the beloved PEANUTS characters in a whole new way.

PEANUTS Celebration will take place from June 1 – 17 and will include never-seen-before live entertainment; new character experiences with Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the PEANUTS Gang; large step-inside photo opportunities and deliciously themed-treats to top off the celebration. “The PEANUTS gang is a big reason why Kings Island continues to be recognized for having the Best Kids’ Area in the World,” said Mike Koontz, Kings Island Vice President and General Manager. “Our guests, especially our Gold and Platinum Passholders, have told us they want more Charlie Brown, more Linus, more Peppermint Patty, and more PEANUTS. For 17 days in June they are going to get that.”

NEW! Pig Pen Joins the Kings Island PEANUTS Gang for a Limited Time Only
Also in Planet Snoopy, everyone’s favorite messy pal, Pig Pen, will be making his Kings Island debut as he hosts a special meetup at Snoopy’s Barnyard with some of his favorite animal friends. Don’t miss the chance to meet him, Pig Pen is only at Kings Island during the PEANUTS Celebration. Exclusive PEANUTS Party for Gold and Platinum Passholders
Each Saturday and Sunday (6/2-3; 6/9-10; 6/16-17) from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. passholders have a special invitation to an exclusive PEANUTS Party. Planet Snoopy will open one hour early with select Planet Snoopy rides, character meet and greets, breakfast snacks and other exclusive activities only available to Gold and Platinum Passholders. The Gold Pass is only available for purchase through May 28th and includes a number of unique and exclusive year-long benefits.

2018 KINGS ISLAND EVENTS
Perhaps one of the most exciting years ever, Kings Island will host special events from May through December.

NEW! May 5-6 | Harlem Globetrotters
Get ready for the ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment from the one and only Harlem Globetrotters. Brought to you by Tum-e YUMMIES. 

NEW! June 1-17 | PEANUTS Celebration
The PEANUTS Celebration includes never-seen-before live entertainment; new character experiences with the PEANUTS Gang; large step-inside photo opportunities and deliciously themed-treats to top off the celebration.

NEW! July 13-15 | Island Nights Glow Party in Soak City Summer nights have never been more fun than at the Island Nights Glow Party in Soak City. This family friendly water park event will feature live music, select Soak City attractions, island games and activities.

July 30 – August 19 | Ultimate Stunt Show 
With edge-of-your-seat thrills including a Double Motorcycle High Wire act, the Globe of Fear and the Double Wheel of Destiny, the Ultimate Stunt Show will thrill and amaze guests of all ages.

September 21 – October 27 | Halloween Haunt
Running every Friday and Saturday night through October 27, the annual Halloween Haunt will feature haunted mazes, outdoor scare zones, live stage shows and hundreds of scare actors. More than 20 rides will be open. 

September 29 – October 28 | Great Pumpkin Fest
The Great Pumpkin Fest is all treats and no tricks when it comes to daytime family-friendly fun including live  entertainment, mazes, trick-or-treating and so much more.

Select Nights in November & December | WinterFest
The annual tradition returns on select nights in November and December. It’s an unforgettable experience with enchanting winter wonderlands featuring ice skating on the Royal Fountain, the Eiffel Tower transformed into a magical Christmas tree, rides including Mystic Timbers and millions of lights.

20170625_113843.jpg

• Like 6

Enchanted Theater is in the Boo Blasters building.  The entrance is located behind The Great Pumpkin coaster.  They used to have live kids shows in there (HB themed shows).  Then when they moved Circus of Horrors 3D Haunt maze into that building, they stopped utilizing that area for live kids shows so that they could keep the Haunt set up year round.

That begs the question, is the Haunt gone?  Or have they decided to dismantle it for this event?

2 minutes ago, CoastersRZ said:

Enchanted Theater is in the Boo Blasters building.  The entrance is located behind The Great Pumpkin coaster.  They used to have live kids shows in there (HB themed shows).  Then when they moved Circus of Horrors 3D Haunt maze into that building, they stopped utilizing that area for live kids shows so that they could keep the Haunt set up year round.

That begs the question, is the Haunt gone?  Or have they decided to dismantle it for this event?

As much as I love that Haunt, I hope that it's gone and that the theater can begin to be used again...especially since it is (or was) air conditioned. 

6 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

As much as I love that Haunt, I hope that it's gone and that the theater can begin to be used again...especially since it is (or was) air conditioned. 

I vaguely remember that theater from back in the day. But here's to anything else they can add that is indoors and air conditioned!!!!! 

• Like 1

I would love it if the Schultz retrospective lived past June. In fact, it'd be great if the park created a series of retrospectives discussing the history of Kings Island and its iconic rides. I've seen an older documentary produced during the Paramount years and, uh, let's just say it had some charm to it. :D 

So, that's what that seemingly random pathway (which now leads to a smoking area) is used for... I hope they don't get ride of Carnevil, but if they do, it had a good run. AFAIK, I've never been in the Enchanted Theatre, so I will be checking this out, even though I am a terrible artist :P

EDIT: Good to see they are utilizing this underused space, if only for a limited time.

• Like 1

They could do something similar to the Hollywood Studios Disney Jr. show at Disney...where there's just carpet on the floor and the kids all gather around. Something like that would be soooooo nice for someone like me with three kiddos that are all pretty young! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Now I wonder if they plan to set it up with a new/replacement haunt this fall?

I hope they do but I don’t know where they would put it sorry not trying to make this a Huant thread lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kifan91 said:

I hope they do but I don’t know where they would put it sorry not trying to make this a Huabt thread lol

They were asking if they'll set up another Haunt in that room, which is where Carnevil was held.

I would imagine, that if they tore that Haunt out and are investing money in that theatre, they will likely be using it for Winterfest, maybe a kid's themed show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would be a nice, heated location for a Winterfest show.  And would help to spread the crowds a bit.  But they will have to find another location for a new Haunt.  There would not be much turn around time if they held a Haunt in there between end of Haunt and start of Winterfest.

• Like 3