Jump to content
IndyGuy4KI

2018 Additional Events Announced

Recommended Posts

I'd be cool with them moving Carn Evil to Urgent Scare (former Days of Thunder) and retiring Urgent Scare. I hope they don't entirely retire Carn Evil because it was one of my favorite Haunts. Not even so much the Haunt part, but just as a throwback funhouse. I would also approve of a permanent walk-through traditional funhouse of course! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnevil is/was the anchor haunt for the area.... I’m wondering if there is room in the area for a permanent swing building to store the haunt? Maybe the haunt itself is far enough to the left of the main theater as not to cause an issue and will remain hidden from the kiddies watching the show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My predictions:

CarnEVIL dead (RIP final John Hawkins/Oak Island Designs maze)

X-Gatorhead’s Skyline Patio show moves in there for WF

New kids show next year.

Kind of interesting- some of my younger friends tried to argue that this place never existed. That’s how packed away it has been. Stupid kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

My predictions:

CarnEVIL dead (RIP final John Hawkins/Oak Island Designs maze)

X-Gatorhead’s Skyline Patio show moves in there for WF

New kids show next year.

Kind of interesting- some of my younger friends tried to argue that this place never existed. That’s how packed away it has been. Stupid kids.

I just don't see KI getting rid of Carn-evil. That might be my Haunt nostalgia trying to cling on to that maze, but I never saw a loss of popularity enough to take it down. Personally I think it'll just get moved somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Humblememes said:

I just don't see KI getting rid of Carn-evil. That might be my Haunt nostalgia trying to cling on to that maze, but I never saw a loss of popularity enough to take it down. Personally I think it'll just get moved somewhere else.

Granted I don't go to KI, but once per Haunt, but CarnEvil has the shortest line in the park, every time I am there, despite being the first Haunt attraction that you cross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Kifan91 said:

This is off topic but I really hope urgent scare doesn’t come back this year 

Anything you wish was there? New Haunt attraction, return of the action theater? (I'd love the action theater coming back with the moving seats... I doubt it will though :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humblememes said:

Anything you wish was there? New Haunt attraction, return of the action theater? (I'd love the action theater coming back with the moving seats... I doubt it will though :(

yeah if he actoin theater would return that would be cool aso i think a dark ride would fit nice back

there but right now  will take anything other than urgent scrare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I would love to see something like Plants Vs. Zombies in our Action Theater. 

Personally, I was not impressed with PVZ.  The cycle was very short (which is needed for throughput) and the game just seemed to run at about 1.5 the speed needed.  I'd much prefer something like Voyage to the Iron  Reef, which was alot of fun.  But I'd be happy to skip the attraction and let the many people it would draw in take the seat.  There's so much to do already!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jtro223 said:

Personally, I was not impressed with PVZ.  The cycle was very short (which is needed for throughput) and the game just seemed to run at about 1.5 the speed needed.  I'd much prefer something like Voyage to the Iron  Reef, which was alot of fun.  But I'd be happy to skip the attraction and let the many people it would draw in take the seat.  There's so much to do already!

 

I felt the opposite...it felt like the right pacing. The only thing I didn't like was that it was hard to track where exactly you were shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 10:01 AM, Humblememes said:

Anything you wish was there? New Haunt attraction, return of the action theater? (I'd love the action theater coming back with the moving seats... I doubt it will though :(

It truly is a shame that such a mess was made of the Action Theater. They really could use that for something like Polar Express during Winterfest. 

Thats, of course, not to mention that it would be nice to have another indoor facility during the summer, or even the return of Elvira during Haunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

It truly is a shame that such a mess was made of the Action Theater. They really could use that for something like Polar Express during Winterfest. 

Thats, of course, not to mention that it would be nice to have another indoor facility during the summer, or even the return of Elvira during Haunt.

You wouldn't rather have Dracula's Haunted Castle instead of Elvira?  /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Sadly ours wasn't the only one to end up in a mess. 

At least they didn’t ruin our Flight of Fear.

 

2 hours ago, teenageninja said:

You wouldn't rather have Dracula's Haunted Castle instead of Elvira?  /s

My fondest memory of that video is the employees profusely apologizing to people as they left the theater. 

“Thanks for riding. I’m so sorry, guys. Enjoy the rest of the night.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard the action theatre closed due to availability of repair parts.  The company who made the motion seats had gone out of business and so many seats were broken with no parts to fix them that it no longer made sense to keep the attraction open.  No idea how true that is though.

I find the lack of a food and music festival strange.  Most of the bigger parks have them.  The most logical choice seems to be an Octoberfest celebration for the Cincinnati areas German heritage.  Except that does not feel easily compatible with Haunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malem said:

The Action Theater operated with new, non-motion seats from 2011-2013, showing Dinosaurs Alive 3D.

I don't even remember there being seats on the risers for that video....I remember sitting with my legs hanging down off the "wall." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chugh43 said:

I don't even remember there being seats on the risers for that video....I remember sitting with my legs hanging down off the "wall." 

Yeah, they just removed the seats entirely and left us to sit on the benches that were behind the seats. I think those benches were previously used for storage of loose articles during the ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kenban said:

I have heard the action theatre closed due to availability of repair parts.  The company who made the motion seats had gone out of business and so many seats were broken with no parts to fix them that it no longer made sense to keep the attraction open.  No idea how true that is though.

I find the lack of a food and music festival strange.  Most of the bigger parks have them.  The most logical choice seems to be an Octoberfest celebration for the Cincinnati areas German heritage.  Except that does not feel easily compatible with Haunt.

Nope, IWERKS is alive and well. They had an extensive booth at the IAAPA attractions expo last November.

http://simex-iwerks.com/Default.asp?id=1&l=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

At least they didn’t ruin our Flight of Fear.

 

My fondest memory of that video is the employees profusely apologizing to people as they left the theater. 

“Thanks for riding. I’m so sorry, guys. Enjoy the rest of the night.”

That video could have been me, possibly, I haven't seen it.  I would walk out in the line if we had additional staff and recommend that people not wait because it was so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let your First Responders family know of this awesome opportunity to get into the park! 

This Week May 14-20: First Responders (fire, police and safety personnel) get in free at Kings Island with a valid fire and police photo ID. Guests will have an opportunity to interact with emergency response teams and vehicles on select days

More details: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/first-responders-days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnevil is/was the anchor haunt for the area.... I’m wondering if there is room in the area for a permanent swing building to store the haunt? Maybe the haunt itself is far enough to the left of the main theater as not to cause an issue and will remain hidden from the kiddies watching the show?
There wasnt much space between the haunt walls and the stage. Definitely not enough to have people sit in front of the stage. They used that area as a "green room" for the costumers to get into the peanuts costumes for meet and greets. When I worked in carnevil I would sometimes go onto the stage to watch some areas of the maze (I was a crew chief). Sadly it sounds like carnevil will either move or has completely left. Don't quote me on that though. I have no insider info, just my guess.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×